• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PLOT / CHARACTER discussion & help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    IMHO, I think its too spaced out and long. And writing a few lines for each category isn't too promising. I guess it's kinda good for practicing writing the real SUs. Maybe you could make the class, weapons etc optional since not all RPs fall under the medieval and/or fantasy genre. :>
    Agreed. You need to make it detailed, but not long enough to be a tedious essay. Quick and straight to the point. Like I said earlier, the first sentence outlines your character. The remaining paragraph or two and a half is to expand on that.

i actually... started writing this thing i called "the roleplayers guide to roleplaying" which was just me and my opinion, though i only started writing about sign ups. Haha I spent 5 or so paragraphs explaining names. If anyone is interested what I have to say, i could always finish it.

Years
  • i actually... started writing this thing i called "the roleplayers guide to roleplaying" which was just me and my opinion, though i only started writing about sign ups. Haha I spent 5 or so paragraphs explaining names. If anyone is interested what I have to say, i could always finish it.
    Names? Could you please reveal more? I don't get the 'explaining' part. Sounds interesting, you're getting my attention now. x3 /is also writing a guide xD

STARMAN15

The Mage of the Group
    Years
  • I think you guys misinterpreted what that is for. That's not an SU form... That is a form for roleplayers to use in their own time to help develop their characters for themselves by having to really delve into the characters and think about how they would react. It's not supposed to be used to sign up for anything.

@Diamond1304 I put in the first paragraph that you can leave things N/A blank or add things as they apply to your character.

I apologize if anyone thought I was asking if that was a good SU form, because, no it isn't. I was posting it here as a tool to help people get to know their characters better in a more detailed way than just the standard personality/history/appearance SU form. =)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think you guys misinterpreted what that is for. That's not an SU form... That is a form for roleplayers to use in their own time to help develop their characters for themselves by having to really delve into the characters and think about how they would react. It's not supposed to be used to sign up for anything.

@Diamond1304 I put in the first paragraph that you can leave things N/A blank or add things as they apply to your character.

I apologize if anyone thought I was asking if that was a good SU form, because, no it isn't. I was posting it here as a tool to help people get to know their characters better in a more detailed way than just the standard personality/history/appearance SU form. =)

I think it's a good idea, I might try it out sometime.

Years
  • I think you guys misinterpreted what that is for. That's not an SU form... That is a form for roleplayers to use in their own time to help develop their characters for themselves by having to really delve into the characters and think about how they would react. It's not supposed to be used to sign up for anything.

Oh I see. That makes it more understandable now. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    After all, I think this thread doesn't serve it's purpose. People still post plots in the discussion thread. We can keep this open for a while longer but I'm thinking we don't need it after all.

You gotta try things out, still ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Here, here's the thing i started on to write a good SU. I didn't get far at all. d:

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Looking good imo :) maybe we should put that up front in the first post, if you finish it.

STARMAN15

The Mage of the Group
    Years
  • This is a question I've been wondering for a while, mainly because I'm curious to what everyone else thinks on this particular subject. Do you (this is a general you) use a new character for every RP, or do you have a couple (2-4) of characters that you use for everything and just change small details depending on the RP (things like weapons, tweak the history, pokemon, etc.)?

I personally have fallen in love with a couple of my characters and use them (there are 5) for everything. I normally just tweak what needs to be tweaked in a sign up because I know the characters so well that it's no problem at all to write for them. This is just my preference, but I'm curious to see what other people prefer.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is a question I've been wondering for a while, mainly because I'm curious to what everyone else thinks on this particular subject. Do you (this is a general you) use a new character for every RP, or do you have a couple (2-4) of characters that you use for everything and just change small details depending on the RP (things like weapons, tweak the history, pokemon, etc.)?

I personally have fallen in love with a couple of my characters and use them (there are 5) for everything. I normally just tweak what needs to be tweaked in a sign up because I know the characters so well that it's no problem at all to write for them. This is just my preference, but I'm curious to see what other people prefer.

I usually write up a completely new person for each RP. But I've got some special characteristics that I re-use.

There is the naive, gentle boy. (a bit boring, but works well with pokémon characters)

There is the cocky, slightly evil girl. (much fun!)

There is the gentle, somewhat more serious girl. (boring but easy to play with as she's pretty undefined)

And there is the childish, joking boy. (fun, but can get tricky)

Actually, I think I have a somewhat permanent character coming up though.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • The guide...yeah...

Spoiler:

Years
  • The guide...yeah...

Spoiler:

Oh...My......Arceus. That is one good dang guide of practically teaching those newbies and people-who-can't-seem-to-understand-what-a-joint-post-or-a-one-liner-is. x3

As of now, I too am currently making a guide on how to post in a Journey RP. :)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Oh...My......Arceus. That is one good dang guide of practically teaching those newbies and people-who-can't-seem-to-understand-what-a-joint-post-or-a-one-liner-is. x3

As of now, I too am currently making a guide on how to post in a Journey RP. :)

...Er, thanks? I found myself typing completely random...Although, I quite like that joint post. I'm sad that the RP that we used it for died...Er...(it was my RP). xD

I would love to read that guide! I love reading guides, even if I know how to do things. Plus, I probably need to get in the swing of RPing again...I've only been MSN RPing, and we all know how THAT goes...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've added your guides to the RULES post instead, as I believe people will look at the first post of this thread just as little as they look at the first post in the discussion thread.

Aaand except from the guides, this thread hasn't recieved much at all of the love that was meant for it. So I will close it now and plot questions and help as well as character talk will go in the discussion thread instead. As usual.

Nothing is written in stone, though. Should need arise for another thread like this, or something else, we can always try it out. For now, see you in the discussion thread~

-CLOSED-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back