• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Alaska listened to Retus talk about how he would call upon corrupt Pokémon. If that was such a good tactic, why did he not use it against Hirotaro and Bruno? And if he did, it couldn't be hard to defeat him as they had done it before. Especially since there were way more Pokémon here. Alaska didn't feel like arguing, though. "...I'm really not looking for a fight," Retus said. "What you aren't looking for will always find ya," Alaska quickly muttered under her breath, not really loud enough to be heard by anyone.

"The guild is probably well protected for those kinds of assaults. How do you know it will work?" Leigh asked.
    "Well, if it doesn't work, at least it'll cripple whatever forces you got in here. Not very impressive I gotta say... besides you two that is. You seem like you can hold out pretty well," Retus said, his eyes glimmering.
    "Well, the friend thing was before we knew who you really were. And you're darn right we can," Alaska replied simply, noticing how oblivious the other Pokémon were when they were eating. Tut tut tut.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Hey! I can be a nice guy! I believe you still owe me for saving your life from that Beedrill swarm... and protecting all of you from that Zangoose fellow." Retus said putting his arm around Alaska. "I also believe you'd like to learn a bit more about me as well! Isn't that right? Kehehe..." Leigh kept glaring at Retus sharply. It was true... if they knew more about Retus, maybe they could find out more about what they were fighting against.

"Of course we do. Why are you going to just tell us this stuff though?" Leigh asked.

"Cuz I'm bored! Kehehe!" Retus said to the group. "Somebody may be looking to fight me for sure, but a fight hasn't found me yet. I wouldn't want to pick a fight with you anyway Alaska..." Snype said, bowing.

Last edited:

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
    "maybe...." jarchio whispered under his breath as he looked at his bandages. "maybe theyre interfering with the aura of my dragon pulse....." he said quickly taking a double take to see if anyone was watching before unraveling his wraps. Only one thought went through his mind as he readied himself. He kept telling himself he was better than he thought. But theres room for improvement.... "DRAGON PULSE!" jarchio yelled feeling the warmth of the aura surround him. "BONE RUSH!!!!" suddenly his combination clicked together and he knew he did it correctly.

Jarchio quickly attacked a nearby tree with the bone rush slash dragon pulse. One hack..... No explosion.... Two hacks..... Nothing. With a loud grunt and a powerful swing, jarchio hit the tree with such power that the roots were toen from the ground and left the combo stable as if nothig happened. "I DID IT!!!" he yelled into the air letting his attacks subside. "HAHA I DID IT AND WITHOUT A LOUSY GULPINS HELP!!!" he kept yelled in joy as his heart raced and he fell backwards happy as possible.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "Hey! I can be a nice guy! I believe you still owe me for saving your life from that Beedrill swarm... and protecting all of you from that Zangoose fellow," Retus said, putting his arm around Alaska. She simply pouted, because he was correct, in a way. "I also believe you'd like to learn a bit more about me as well! Isn't that right? Kehehe..." Retus continued. Alaska looked at him wide eyed. How the hell did he know that?

If she didn't know any better, she'd assume Leigh read her mind and then told Retus. But of course, Alaska trusted him more than anyone she'd ever known, and she knew he would never do something like that. "Somebody may be looking to fight me for sure, but a fight hasn't found me yet. I wouldn't want to pick a fight with you anyway Alaska..." Retus said while bowing. Alaska couldn't resist. "But I sure am!" she swiftly grabbed his ankles and flipped him over her shoulder, dropping him on his back.

Megaman765

Years
    Retus suddenly felt Alaska grab his ankles and flip him right over her shoulder down onto his back. He looked at her and smiled. "Kehehe. I see you've gotten better. Your skill in battle matches your fine looks I see." He said. Still as big of a flirt as ever...Leigh thought. Retus jumped on his feet and did a leg sweep to throw Alaska off of her feet. "Gotcha. Kehehe." As she fell Retus caught her back with both of his hands. Retus stared into her eyes. Leigh whispered into Alaska's mind.

"Sheesh, He's still head over heels for you. I can't bear watching him act this way. But this makes it easier to get info out of him I guess as long we stay on this cheerful creep's good side." Leigh said.

"You remember what happened the last time you thought me right?" Retus said to her.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Suddenly, Alaska was literally swept off her feet. As she fell, Retus caught her. He stared into her eyes, and she blinked and sighed. Not only did he seem to like getting flipped onto his back, but he was good at retaliating. Alaska looked at Leigh and nodded very slightly. She looked back at Retus. "What... do you mean by that?" she asked resentfully. Alaska realized she was still being held by him, so she got up and brushed him off. Remembering what Leigh said just moments earlier, Alaska turned back to Retus and forced a smile.

Megaman765

Years
    Retus smiled, even when being brushed off by Alaska. "What do I mean? Kehehe. Exactly how I say it of course! You look lovely today. Kehehehe." Retus said to her, brushing his finger past her feather. Leigh sighed in the background but Retus ignored him completely. It was funny. This was one of the most dangerous criminals around, but he sure had a bit of charm to back it up... ugh... Leigh couldn't believe he just thought up those words.

Retus held Alaska's and kneeled down. "Give me a chance to explain myself! I'm deemed as a criminal, but I can honestly explain my situation... I'm not a murderer like the very ones that I target constantly... I'm no mindless monster. I'm like everyone else. Kehehe. If I were so mindless, I wouldn't be so attracted to someone as lovely as yourself" Retus said to Alaska, giving off his usual large smile.

"Can you believe this guy?" Leigh said into Alaska's mind. "Sheesh watching him is making me sick... ugh.."

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska listened to Retus' sappiness. Blah, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah. Alaska swore, this guy could talk for hours! "If I were so mindless, I wouldn't be so attracted to someone..." Alaska covered his mouth just as he was finishing his sentence.

"Can you believe this guy?" Leigh said into Alaska's mind. "Sheesh watching him is making me sick... ugh.."

Alaska looked at him with an expression that said, I'm not too fond of it, either. "Look little man, if you be quiet for just a moment, we might consider acting like you're a good, normal Pokémon. Keep running that mouth, and Leigh and I will change our minds, maybe present you the guildmaster so he can take care of you." She continued holding her hand on his mouth, expecting him to keep talking even through that.

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio stumbled into the dinning hall with cuts an bruises covering his body. Quickly he grasped his now bandaged right arm as his mark burned. Corruption..... Here..... he thought as he tried to act natural and sat down at the large table with an apple. but who..... slowly Jarchio used his ability.... Even if he wassnt good at it.... To detect everyones aura stopping at the pokemon Leigh and Alaska were talking to. Jarchio steadied his gaze at the sableye. Theres more corruption on him then Leigh.... So how is he able to control himself he wondered watching the pokemons every move.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    "mmphmmphmmhmmmmph" Retus mumbled as Alaska put her hand over his mouth. He gave off a large smile which made his mouth look alot bigger then it should have. He could feel Alaska feeling his Teeth now. Retus backed away, looking around the room. He gave off a laugh. "Kehehe! If ya want me to shut up, I'll shut up. Anything for you." Retus said to Alaska.

"Alright then Retus. Lets hear it. Who are you? What's your deal?" Leigh asked confidently. Retus paused. His eyes were glowing blue, just thinking about his past life.

"...Could we... talk about that outside? It dosn't have to be private but I'd prefer a more quiet atmosphere." Retus asked the both of them. Leigh looked at Alaska to see what she thought.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska felt Retus sharp teeth, but she still didn't move her hand off. He backed up and looked around the room. "Kehehe! If ya want me to shut up, I'll shut up. Anything for you," he said. Now we were getting somewhere. Alaska noticed Jarchio stumble into the dining hall. What happened to him? He was bruised and cut up...

"Alright then Retus. Let's hear it. Who are you? What's your deal?" Leigh asked confidently. So much for getting gemstone boy to shut up, Alaska thought with a smile. "...Could we... talk about that outside? It doesn't have to be private but I'd prefer a more quiet atmosphere," Retus replied. Leigh looked at Alaska to see what she thought. She looked back at him and then turned to Jarchio again, eyeing his injuries. After Retus, Leigh and Alaska talked, Alaska would try to help Jarchio in whatever way she could. She turned back to Leigh and Retus, making eye contact with each of them. "How do we know this isn't a trap?" Alaska asked. "I watch T.V."

Megaman765

Years
    "I knew you'd think it was a trap." Retus said in a more serious tone this time. "Look here. I'm not looking to pick any fights like I said. And right now, I'm not exactly up for starting any. All I want to do is talk ya know?" Retus' caterpie crawled around on his shoulder. "Besides... I can't fight while I'm taking care of my little friend here. I don't wanna hurt the little guy." Retus said, petting Caterpie a little. "...Kehehe. Sorry. I'm talking to much aren't I? We can sit right at the front door if that makes you feel better."

Leigh agreed. They were staying close to the guild. If he did anything the Guildmaster would notice. He noticed Jarchio walk in, heavily bruised. Sheesh so that was what all that yelling was...

"Don't worry Alaska. If he tries anything I'll get him good!" Leigh whispered in Alaska's mind. He was even acting like a brother to her, being somewhat protective and what.

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio steadied his gaze and kept his sight on the mystery pokemon for some unknown reason. He knew he was bad news.... Just didnt know why. maybe i should tell chunk or the guildmaster he thought taking a bite from his apple. Slowly the burning stopped and he calmed down.

"i wonder who he is....." jarchio mumbled with apple in his mouth. Slowly, but cautiously, he let himself get distracted from the many tales and jokes being told around the table. His smile grew wider as he listened to some jokes and his acute hearing even picked up some dirty inside jokes that made him chuckle to himself uncontrolably. Jarchio was having a great time where he was with all the friendly pokemon. Everyone ate and made merry as if they were one giant family. His joy went on for some time until a geodude looked at him with a question. "how bout you.... You have a story to tell?" Slowly jarchios happy grin faded as the memory of the storm on the ocean and his family quickly falling overboard flooded his mind. "N-No sir.... No story...." he whispered and the room went silwnt for a moment. "its ok kiddo...." the geodude said breaking the silence. "everyone has had a few rocks on their path here and there.... Some worse then others... But what ive learned is friends make it better..." the rocky pokemon smiled at Jarchio and the room filled with pokemons words of agreement and one even rose from his seat yelling for a toast for friends.

Jarchio let his troubles once again melt away, but was once again drawn to the mystery pokemon Leigh and Alaska left the room with.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska stared at Retus quietly. "...Of course all you want to do is talk," she said simply, walking to the door. She opened it and then looked at Leigh as if telling him to go outside. The quicker they got the talk over and done with, the better. Alaska suddenly wished she had eaten some of Leigh's berries. She couldn't even remember the last time she ate anything.

Her gaze returned to the Caterpie on Retus' shoulder. It was rather odd that he didn't want to hurt that little Caterpie. Wouldn't someone like him take the opportunity to trick or hurt beings weaker than himself? Alaska thought him picking up a random, helpless Pokémon was all just a big fluke. But here he was, with a Caterpie on his shoulder.

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh looked over to the group behind him, noticing all of the pokemon were having a toast. He also noticed that Jarchio was looking at them every so often. Well, Retus was always suspicious looking, who wouldn't want to keep an eye on him? Eventually the two of them sat down, Retus, of course, sat next to Alaska. He stared at the ground for a second as Caterpie crawled on top of his head. His eyes were glowing dark blue.

"...You know, the world can really suck sometimes. You could mind your own buisness, and it decided to completely ruin you. I used to live in a fairly small community full of Sableye. We all lived in this fantastic cave. Gemstones everywhere, Plenty of food, it was perfect." Retus said. Leigh listened closely to Retus' story. It was actually somewhat interesting.

"Kehe. I even had myself a girlfriend while I was there. A Mawile... god she was beautiful and really packed a punch. She was part of another community that lived fairly close to us. We got along pretty well... for awhile at least." He paused. He tapped his fingers on his legs. "But... eventually the leaders of our packs began to fight with eachother. Over food, rights, everything you can think of. This caused the Sableye and Mawile to go against each other..." He paused again. His eyes kept glowing a dark blue...

"Me and Mawile kept meeting eachother in secret. We talked and talked and talked... I believe we only kissed once... Of course, our packs soon found out about us. We were both deemed traitors. Me... I lost my eye. Her... well..." He paused again. "...She lost her life. I saw it with my own eyes... I... I don't want to describe it."

"I wanted to die with her... but they decided to boot me out and leave me to die slowly. I couldn't believe it. My own family would do something like that... and... her... how could someone be so cruel...that was when I was met by a mysterious figure. He mentioned the new land, as well as the corruption. I was granted the ability to control this power... when I witnessed it myself, I saw opportunity. To eliminate the corrupt and greedy and separate them from the good." Retus stared into Alaska's eyes.

"I got rid of them all. Turned every single sableye and Mawile there into a corrupt Pokemon. They deserved it! They deserved every bit of suffering I could possibly give them!" His tone of voice became angryer. "I've seen it! There's more like them! They won't last long! Not as long as I'm still alive! I'll relase their true nature myself! I won't... I won't..."

Retus broke down suddenly. He held Alaskas hand. "What am I doing... Alaska, tell me what you think I'm doing...? Is this right?"

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska listened to Retus' story. He looked into her eyes several times, but she didn't notice, since she rested her eyes on a scuff mark on the ground throughout the whole story. Not that she didn't pay attention, however. She processed every detail he described. Suddenly, Retus held her hand.

"What am I doing... Alaska, tell me what you think I'm doing...? Is this right?" Retus asked. Alaska gazed into his single eye, seemingly entranced.

"You... you are going to corrupt the greedy, correct?" she asked him. Alaska had the urge to question him about what exactly caused the two packs to fight each other. If they were fine before, why did they begin fighting all of a sudden? There had to be a deeper reason for that, but it didn't matter anymore. They were already corrupted and made into a state worse than before. Was it right? Was it? That had been what Retus asked, but Alaska wasn't really one to judge. Or rather, she had no idea if what he was doing was moral. Alaska looked at Leigh, wanting him to give his opinion.

Megaman765

Years
    "Of course... I corrupt them... and sometimes kill them. I lied... I am a murderer. This Caterpie here, I killed its mother because it succumbed to corruption. It felt like the right thing to do. The corruption can spread usually... and often I can't stop it from hitting innocent Pokemon."

Leigh tried to think of a way to respond to all of this. "Retus... I can understand your motives but... honestly... I don't even know if this is right or not. I don't want to say it is but... using the corruption seems cruel in my opinion..."

"
    They deserve it. I look into my targets, see what they've done in the past. They don't deserve mercy. If each of them dissapear, the world will be a better place. A place where Pokemon can live peacefully... without worries..." He paused and thought about it more. His mind was going all over the place thinking about what he was doing.

"Why don't you two tell me some of your own stories? I'm willing to listen." Retus asked. This was Retus? He seemed so calm now... Leigh never thought of him as evil at all when they saw him, Just a Pokemon with a goal, except a little misguided...

"Stories...? I... I don't really remember my childhood. I don't remember anything really, except that I was corrupt by getting scratched by a Corrupt.. I think furret? Not sure..."

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "As for me, well, you might consider me a pampered Pokémon. I haven't exactly been through anything bad. But... tell me, Retus. Is there no cure? No cure at all that you may know of? Surely there is, because... well, you killed that Caterpie's mother! Although he doesn't seem phased by it, he would be better off having his mother," Alaska said, but then sort of wish she could swallow her words back. She really didn't know if she was in the right or the wrong, but it would still be a good idea to see if Retus knew of any type of cure. Any type at all.

What if every Pokémon on the planet became corrupt, save for a small handful? Would almost the whole population have to be killed, and the world rebuilt by the survivors, if there were any? This just didn't make sense, and it seemed like it would turn out to be a hit or miss, with nothing in between.

Megaman765

Years
    Retus stared at his feet and back to Alaska. "I don't know of any kind of cure... If I did, I would use that rather then kill... I've been doing this thing ever since the corruption incident. Corrupting who I feel deserve it, and killing corrupt pokemon that don't..." He said.

"Retus, I'm slightly corrupt as well. I kind of know the feeling... but it hasn't taken me over. It's possessed me once... but... maybe that could be one of the keys to finding a cure?" Leigh said. "I'm not sure how but maybe we could discuss it with the guild master. Finding a cure should be the first priority."

Retus nodded at Leigh. He looked back at Alaska. "Alaska... I don't know if your exactly fond of me, but I'm willing to prove myself for you. Kehehe. I myself have alot to learn to make my dream a reality... I can help find a cure...." Retus held up her hand. "...If you'll trust me." Retus kissed the top of her hand and grined at Alaska.

jarchio

Years
    Slowly the grouped up pokemon started to talk about mysterious deaths and pokemon carcases being found. "oie!" a wingull started looking at everyone. "i was flying by the beach the other day when i say what looked like two blue bags on the shore... When i got down there it was two lucarios.... All mangled and limbs torn like theyd been through stormy weather...." he said. Slowly jarchios eyes widened in sadness and he got up and started to run from the room. Quickly he caught the last words the wingull said. "one male another female and they be caryin' this locket wif a riolus face in it...."

Jarchio quickly ran for the outside door and barely made it as he vomited outside and tears ran down his face like rivers. The sight of his family. His only loved ones being deformed by neptunes wicked child, the ocean. "w-why...." he growled before vomiting again. "Why my life....." he cried falling to the ground and leaning his head on the door frame. Slowly he wiped his face with his bandaged arm. Taking his arm away he glared at the knot perfectly fasened. "This is your fault.... I know it is!" he growled meaning his mark. Quickly he undid the bandages and threw them to the ground allowing the mark to glow and burn. Frustrated at everything happening he clawed at his mark trying desparatly hard to rip it off... But how could he.... Not only was it a part of his body.... But it was the last thing that reminded him of his family....

Back