• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD2 Dialga

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    PMD2 Dialga, Help please

Hey everyone!

I'm playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and I'm at the temporal Spire.
    Now I faced Dialga 2 times, but he keeps beating me!
    I can't stand this!
    I tried a hundred times to get there, but 98 times I get beaten up by Porygon2/Z or a Moster house.
    Anyone some Tips?

This is my team

Starter- Mudkip-45
    Partne - Cyndaquil-44

Pizzakoe

Last edited:

Giblie

Gible Lover
    Years
  • When I was there I was Charmander and my partner Piplup on about the same level as you. I beat Dailga in ONE time.
    I was using Dig which is super affective against him. (i think)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    My starter is Squirtle and my partner is Pikachu, and I still can't beat him, so I gave up and sold it.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    keep going to the floors in between dialga and were ou face off against ducknoir and level up and pra that ou can find some seeds

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    I managed to do it: My Mudkip learned Endeavor

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Teach yourself DIG, and take plenty of Stun Seeds, Max Some sleep seeds, Oran Berries (in case his cheap Roar of Time didn't completely obliterate you) and use a Stun Seed while healing you and your partner if your Partner didn't have to use a Reviver seed either. And yes take at least 4 Reviver Seeds. Finally take plenty of ammo (Iron thorns, Geopebbles, etc) If you find yourself running low when going into the temporal spire, go back and get some more reviver seeds. Yeah, the Porygons are a pain since you're a Mudkip. But keep trying and if you have plenty of extra Pure Seeds use them. Pick up whatever items you can see. In short, here's a strategy that will work for virtually every single pokemon

Give Stun Seed to Partner before going up to where Dialga is.
    When battle begins, you'll see that the partner is in position to throw something in a straight line and have it hit Dialga. Have the partner throw the Stun Seed. That way he won't be able to move until you attack him. Now give your throwing ammo to your partner.
    Head over to Dialga and use Dig
    Sometimes you won't be able to move, but don't worry. If he uses Roar of Time, just use another Stun Seed. If one of you is still alive but badly injured heal. If both survived, heal both yourself and your partner. Dialga's not gonna do anything until you attack him. If both of you died and use reviver seeds then use Dig again. You can also use Sleep seeds from time to time but make sure at least one of you is able to attack Dialga while he's napping because he wakes up FAST.

Years
  • I've got a different tip, if you have the partner Pikachu.

I had him, teach him thunder and he does good damage and paralyzes him quite often, paralysed him twice and I beat him. No seeds (Actually had reviver but didnt use).

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • yer it took me a few tries, just (for anyone who hasn't beaten him) just go back to the front on temporal tower or treasure town, and get loads of reviver seeds, over a few days, then head back up there and save, whenever possible, cause then you can just turn off if you faint

Years
  • Yeah, Porygon and Monster Houses are the things that will hurt you most in Temporal Spire. I started with Piplup, and their Discharge was doing, like, 60 damage. Knock them out with a long-distance attack if you can.

For Dialga, DIG IS CRUCIAL. Seeds will also help, but trust me, it can be done without them because I've done it twice now. It's just really hard. As you know, his Roar of Time hits all targets and is extremely powerful. Also, you might have noticed that when you start the battle, Primal Dialga's in a bad position. If you have Dig, use it right when the battle starts. Of course, his Intimidator may render it useless for a turn, but, who knows? Whatever you do, don't press the A button right when the battle starts, because he'll probably Roar of Time you and possibly kill you.

It'll take quite a few tries, but he's not impossible. Never give up!

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • Ughh, Not another one of these threads x]
    So much people keep losing in PMD2,

Well, You need to keep some reviver seeds, max elixers, apples and other seeds that can stun the foe or do something with the foe.

Use Fire MOVES!! Dude, Its super-effective =.=
    I beaten Dialga in 1 single turn.

Team:
    Turtwig - Me
    Chimchar - Partner

Your partner is always there with you =]

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Use sleep seeds, since I think Darkness doesn't have Vile Seeds (Which totally lowers Def, and Sp. Def at the lowest stage), then attack. Dialga can't use Roar of Time unless he wakes up.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Yeah, Dig helps, but I managed to beat Dialga by luck with Fire Blast. No Reviver Seeds! However, bring as many Sleep and X-Eye seeds as possible. That's my strategy. Violent seeds rock as well, but they're only in Darkness. Use Vile seeds if you're playing Time.

Back