• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] \\PN isn't working?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Hi all, when making events as simple as show text, I'm finding that typing "\\PN" doesn't actually display the player's name upon triggering the event. Instead, it displays "\PN". Likewise, I can get it to display the player's name by using 3 slashes, typing "\\\PN", but then it leaves behind one slash when it displays the name, displaying "\Red", assuming Red is the player's name. I'm not sure if this is a V18 thing, but I only recently had this issue and maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I can't find anything to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Hi all, when making events as simple as show text, I'm finding that typing "\\PN" doesn't actually display the player's name upon triggering the event. Instead, it displays "\PN". Likewise, I can get it to display the player's name by using 3 slashes, typing "\\\PN", but then it leaves behind one slash when it displays the name, displaying "\Red", assuming Red is the player's name. I'm not sure if this is a V18 thing, but I only recently had this issue and maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I can't find anything to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

In a show text command, you only need one slash e.g. "Here is some text \PN"

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    In a show text command, you only need one slash e.g. "Here is some text \PN"

oh my goodness that is so embarrassing for me lol but thank you so much!! I'm not sure why I thought you needed two. Thanks for guiding an amateur in the right direction, it means a lot!

Back