• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Po-Key-Mon or Po-Kay-Mon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    I usually say po-keh-mon or po-ka-mon. Usually the second. Just how I've always said it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Po - kay - mahn, here. The accent over the lowercase e is what forces me to do it. I can't stand to mispronounce a word.

Though when I was eight-years-old, I often pronounced Po - kuh - mahn.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I pronounce it as Po-kay-mon. Oddly enough, it doesn't annoy me when people pronounce it as Po-key-mon or even as Po-key-man. But I cannot STAND when people pronounce it as Po-kuh-mon o_o;;

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    I've always said "Po-key-mon". That's how everyone says it here. I guess I'm just weird. >_<

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    I pronounce it pok-kee-mon.

My mom and dad pronounce it pok-kay-man...which I hate.:knockedou

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I say whatever comes out. XD

Sometimes I'll say po-kee-mon, sometimes I'll say po-kay-mon, mostly po-kuh-mon though. O_o

Years
    When I was younger, I used to pronounce it as Po-key-mon. Then, I started saying Po-kay-mon because of the show. Now, after just starting Japanese as my second language at school, I say Po-kay-mon or Po-keh-mon, occasionally slipping back into Po-key-mon. Can't really help it. ^.^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back