• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pocket Monsters Midori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    I just ordered Pocket Monsters Midori, AKA Green Version, and I was wondering if anyone else owns it.

And if so, how they like it or how often they play it.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I can't say that there's much difference between R/B and Green but since it is a Japanese GenI game you can get a lvl 100 before the first gym battle

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Huh? Care to elaborate on this?

Also, SkythurBathandBeyond151, I'll assume you speak Japanese, then?

I can't remember what it was but there was some glitch in the Japanese version to get the pokemon in your first slot to lvl 100 but your stats don't change just the lvl, of course they fixed this for the other versions.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ahahah.. I've never actually heard anyone call it Midori before, catchy though.

Yeah, I used to have the Green ROM.. but see, it sort of made my eyes bleed after 10 minutes. So yeah, I stopped playing it before I even got to Brock, and haven't played it since. That was about four years ago.

Never again. Never again. :/

Why would I bother with it, if it can pop in LeafGreen, and stare as it's prettyness? 8D;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I intend on getting it. The sprites will make me lol and even though I don't know any Japanese, I figure I'll just wing it. Shouldn't be too hard.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    An older friend of mine played both the original Red and Green Versions way back in the day and loved them, and we both did not understand why they did not bring them over here .Because although Blastoise is slightly awesome ,Venusaur just knocks him out the water dry because of it's awesomeness. I did read on Bulbapedia that a number of Pokemon have different locations .

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    I have it! I have the box, instruction manual, and all!

I don't know why, but it seems to have been released in two styles: A grey cartridge with a green label, and a green cartridge and label. The green cartridge says Pokemon Green II or something. 0_0

I'm pretty sure it's a legit cartridge, but, weird...

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    Huh? Care to elaborate on this?

Also, SkythurBathandBeyond151, I'll assume you speak Japanese, then?

No, I don't. I just know that gen like the back of my hand, and since there's no new story involved it's cake.

Ahahah.. I've never actually heard anyone call it Midori before, catchy though.

Yeah, I used to have the Green ROM.. but see, it sort of made my eyes bleed after 10 minutes. So yeah, I stopped playing it before I even got to Brock, and haven't played it since. That was about four years ago.

Never again. Never again. :/

Why would I bother with it, if it can pop in LeafGreen, and stare as it's prettyness? 8D;

True, but the sprites in Midori are just so amazing. ha ha Throwback games rule anyway.

I intend on getting it. The sprites will make me lol and even though I don't know any Japanese, I figure I'll just wing it. Shouldn't be too hard.

My thoughts exactly! On every aspect.

I have it! I have the box, instruction manual, and all!

I don't know why, but it seems to have been released in two styles: A grey cartridge with a green label, and a green cartridge and label. The green cartridge says Pokemon Green II or something. 0_0

I'm pretty sure it's a legit cartridge, but, weird...

Me too! Did you get the map of Kanto in Japanese??
    Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I opened the box and the cart was grey. :(
    But I still love it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    I didn't get the map, but the green cartridge SO makes up for it. XD

When stacked with R/B/Y/G/S/C, it's like a spectrum of Pokemon-ness!

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    I've played a Rom.
    It made me giggle for I had played a few different 'versions.'
    One full of Garbage as if it were glitched, one in Japanese, one attempt in English, another Japanese....Yeah.
    I tried to do the Glitch which gets you to the Elite 4 within the first few minutes but I failed miserably :c

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    I've never even heard of this glitch before. O_O

Maybe I'll try it after I beat it once.

I'm only at Lavender Town I think, don't get to play it often enough.

Years
    It's been on my wishlist for a while now.

The ROM is terrible, but I'd still like to get the actual game itself for GB. I found a copy on eBay a couple of month's ago, but didn't have the money at that point. Figures that now when I do have some extra money to spend, I can't seem to find another copy for sale. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back