• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] PokÉxam

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    PokÉxam

I've been quietly working on this game for a few months and now I'm happy to share my first ever finished fan game! Pokémon Essentials ver.17.2 was what I used to complete this project.

Edit: A bug that caused the game to crash when talking to an NPC without an egg in your party has been fixed.

Summary
    Have you ever wondered what it's like for a regular person in the Pokémon world? What are the lives of NPC trainers like? This game sets out to give a little bit of a window into a mundane life of a student that's been slacking in school.

You are a young trainer attending class at Sprout Academy. Unlike other schools in the Pokémon world Sprout Academy focus on more than just battling, but that's still an important part of your education. This becomes achingly clear when one morning during class your teacher drops the bomb that a battle exam will be happening the next day. Now you have 24 hours to train the loyal Nidoran that's your first, and currently only, Pokémon while also catching more team mates and gathering clues to help you pass. You'll need to do more than win to pass this exam.

Added features include:
    • Modified time system where 1 minute equals one hour in game.
    • Optional timer to add a bit of a challenge to the experience.
    • A new physical poison move exclusive to the Nido line hidden somewhere in the world.
    • Five grades from failing to passing with flying colours.

Download Version 1.1

This is the final version of the game with no planned additions, however I'd be very grateful if you let me know if you find any spelling errors that got past me or possible bugs!

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    foud an error with the game. when you talk to the egg hatcher helpperad do not have an egg the game will crash. ot sure if it due to no egg or ot happened to me just now plus i was playong the game mode with the timmer

Years
    Just completed the playthrough and I have to say I had a lot of fun playing it.
    I hope to see more games like this??????????????????

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    foud an error with the game. when you talk to the egg hatcher helpperad do not have an egg the game will crash. ot sure if it due to no egg or ot happened to me just now plus i was playong the game mode with the timmer
    Thank you for letting me know! And i'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my family and I just moved so it took a bit to dig out my laptop. I've found the error you're talking about and working on fixing it, thank you again for telling me!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Just completed the playthrough and I have to say I had a lot of fun playing it.
    I hope to see more games like this������������������

I'm so happy to hear that! Thank you!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    This game was fun, but the only thing which I didn't like was how the levels of the proctor didn't scale. I really wanted a challenge and got multiple Pokémon, but realized that the 6 Pokémon was level 12-13 Normal types which I could easily beat by spamming Double Kick..

Back