• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokèCorrupt [PG16ish]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
"My name is Kassandra. And right now we really need to find a way..." Kassandra froze mid sentence and gazed off into the far corner of the now-lit up tunnel. "Look!" she proclaimed pointing down to the end of the underground passage, "I see some sunlight, that must be the way out!" Skillfully Kassandra swung her pack onto her shoulder with one hand, while clutching the bundled up Pokemon with her other arm. She glanced back at Derek and nodded to him "Come on, lets get out of here."

The cave, which was now well illuminated by Charmander's tail was long and narrow, the roof looked very untrustworthy and had many cracks and breaks scattered through out its entirety. The ground was covered with a fresh layer of mud and the walls where equally as gross. Not to matter though, if there was an exit wherever this mysterious light was shinning from at the end of the tunnel, then they'd be able to escape before anything more tragic happened. Kassandra treaded lightly, with each foot step filled with caution. Still clinging to the injured Pokemon wrapped up in her arms she slowly made her way to the source of the light.

It was a small opening obscured by recently disturbed rocks. Through the cracks of the rocks Kassandra could see some grass and a tree. This was indeed a way out. She turned around to meet the face of her companion Derek. "The exit is this way, I just need you to move these fallen rocks out of the path." she smiled.

((OOC: OMG short post. But Derek needs to do something before we exit the cave X Also, I'm going to be writing up some information on how PokeBalls and the PokeDex work, so keep a look out for it on the main page.))

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Derek nodded. "Alright, let's move these rocks." He said as he bent down. He pulled out a few big ones before finding a mid sized one. "Hey look at this rock." He said towards Kassandra. "It's kind of weird looking.....and it has a weird imprint in it." He turned his head all around, looking at the rock in different positions. "Huh...maybe I should hold onto this? It could be more than just a rock." He said to Kassandra.

Derek sat completely on the ground and removed his backpack, unzipping it and gently placing the rock inside. He then zipped it back up and continued moving rocks. A few minutes later, the two of them had moved enough rocks. Derek sighed in relief and adjusted his backpack a bit. "Wow, we could have died twice today. We must be pretty lucky." He said with a laugh.

The cave was lighter now, so Derek grabbed Flare's pokeball. "Thanks buddy. Go ahead and rest." He said as he returned Flare to her pokeball. He then turned his head to Kassandra. "So how's that pokemon doing? Do you think it'll be ok?"

Years
Kassandra was helping move some of the smaller rocks out of the way when she noticed Derek was analyze a strange shaped rock he had found, while looking it over he said, "It's kind of weird looking.....and it has a weird imprint in it."

Kassandra glanced over at it quickly. "That is strange." she said.

"Huh...maybe I should hold onto this? It could be more than just a rock." He said to Kassandra. Kassandra nodded to him. It probably wasn't, but for all she knew it could be more then just a rock.

After a few moments of silence, and nothing but the clanging of the rocks the two where clearing from the exit, Derek decided to break the awkward tension and joked with a slight laugh "Wow, we could have died twice today. We must be pretty lucky." Kassandra just looked at him with a troubled face. Maybe if this whole ordeal hadn't involved the ocean she'd find that funny. But Kassandra couldn't bring herself to laugh at the trauma she had just faced. After finnaly clearing the rocks from the exit, Derek returned his Pokemon and then turned his head to Kassandra. "So how's that Pokemon doing? Do you think it'll be ok?"

Before answering Kassandra quickly scurried out from the pit, instantly a large gush of fresh, salty air filled her lungs. She was standing out in some dense jungle foliage, thick green plants engulfed the land everywhere. In the distance she could hear the sound of the ocean waves lapping up against the shore, so they couldn't be too far from the other kids. Kassandra fell to her knees and slowly placed the bundle of blankets with the strange Pokemon wrapped inside at her feet. "Now little guy, lets see if I can help you." she swallowed back harshly, preparing for the worse. The Paras felt like it was really beat up, but seeing a Pokemon badly injured... Kassandra wasn't sure she could stomach it.

She slowly peeled back the layers of blankets reveling the Pokemon that was buried beneath. The moment she made eye contact with it she froze instantly. "W...wh...what the..." she stuttered. This creature was most definitely was not a Paras. It had a deep brown shell which was rock hard and had two large indents on either side of it. It had two black dots on it's shell which at first glance would appear to be it's eyes, but in fact it's eyes where tucked under it's shell and glowed with an entrancing red aura. It had two sets of little yellow claws for legs, and the rest of it's body was hidden in the shadow of it's shell.

"Kaaahhhhh" it whined and pulled it's self closer to Kassandra. She quickly jumped up in fear and startled the Pokemon, causing it to pace back into the safety of the black fleece blanket.

With a look of shock written across her face she pulled her PokeDex from the middle pocket on her hoodie. She tried to wipe off some of the water that was on it but it was no use. Elegantly, she flipped open the PokeDex and pointed it at the strange Pokemon. A small 'beep' acknowledged that the Pokemon had be scanned and it's entry was located. The small Orange devices screen lit up with information about the Pokemon. Using the directional pad on the Pokedex Kassandra scanned over the Pokemon's listed facts.

"Kabuto..." she began to mumble under her breath, thinking out loud again "Shellfish class Pokemon...water and rock type...typically lives in the sea...and..." Kassandra glanced up from the Pokedex and over at the strange little Pokemon. "Wait... this is impossible!" she shouted. "It says here that it's been extinct, for over...over three million years old."

With a firm 'snap' she closed her Pokedex and tucked it back into her pocket. Taking a few steps closer to the Kabuto she knelt down and scoped it up into her arms. "It's okay Kabuto, I'm sorry I scared you."

She stroked it's rough shell lovingly and the Kabuto responded with a happy hiss, "Kaaaa!"

Kassandra stood up and looked over at Derek. "This is incredible, this Pokemon has been extinct for millions and millions of years. Do you know what this means?" she questioned the boy. "Maybe...maybe that rock you got, maybe you were right. It might be more then just a simple rock. What if it's an ancient fossil. I mean this little guy was down there right? So who knows, maybe you found the remains of his great uncle or something."

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Derek couldn't help but gasp and let his mouth hang open like an idiot. "That's an ancient pokemon? That's amazing! I'm deffinately keeping that rock then!" He said happily. Kabuto was actually a cute little guy when you got past the evil eyes. Derek smiled and then looked into a nearby pond. It was full of red water pokemon. Derek raised an eyebrow. "Hey, look at that." He said to Kassandra as he pulled out his pokedex and aimed it at the pond.

"Huh....so those are Magikarp in there." He said as he looked at the data. He then put his pokedex back in his pocket and walked towards the pond. "I'm gonna get a better look at the fossil." He said as he took off his backpack and sat on the ground. He took the rock out of the bag and sat the backpack by the pond.

The rock looked old. It was curvy and rough, and the indent that was in it loomed in, as if it was the shape of something smooth. Derek winced, and then looked up at Kassandra. "It really would be cool if this was a fossil.....but...I feel bad. If it's a fossil....it also means it's a dead pokemon." He looked down. "Kabuto must have been alone for a long time. He probably really wants a friend." Derek reached back to grab his backpack so he could put the fossil up.

His backpack wasn't there. He spun his head around only to see his backpack really wasn't there. "Huh...?" He said, before he heard a hardy, "Karp!" He looked into the pond and saw a Magikarp with his backpack in it's mouth. It had a sly grin and it's eyes were locked on Derek. Derek jumped up and pointed a finger. "That Magikarp stole my bag!" He yelped.

The Magikarp swam in circles and began playfully knocking his bag in the air. Derek gritted his teeth and reached for Flare's pokeball, only to stop himself, remembering she was a fire type. Derek sighed and removed his shoes and t shirt. "I'll get the bag myself!" He exclaimed before jumping headfirst into the pond.

The Magikarp panicked and started swimming away, with the backpack still in its mouth. Derek swam after it. "Oh no you don't you little fish! That's my backpack, and you're gonna give it back!" Derek yelled as he swam after it. The Magikarp looked back and scoffed. Derek's blood boiled and he swam even faster. He edged near it, and swam up, literally jumping out of the water so he could grab it. The Magikarp's eyes widened and it swam underwater, causing Derek to miss and get a nosefull of water.

The Magikarp laughed at Derek and continued to swim with his backpack. Derek cleared his nose and looked at it. His rage subsided as he stared at Magikarp in the eyes. "You're a tough little guy." Derek said with a smile. The Magikarp cocked it's head in confusion. "You obviously want that backpack more than I do....so you can have it." He said. The Magikarp looked at Derek, and then looked down at the bag. It dropped it and nudged it towards Derek.

Derek grabbed his bag and then looked at Magikarp. The Magikarp nodded and began swimming off. Derek smiled and swam back to where he and Kassandra were. He got out and stood proudly, with one hand on his hip, and the other holding out his backpack. "I got it back!" He said happily. He sat down and put his shirt back on, and then his shoes. Once he was all dressed again, he stood up and faced Kassandra. "The others must be wondering where we are...sorry about that." He said as he began walking, only to be stopped by a familiar "Karp!" He turned around and saw the Magikarp again.

"What now?" Derek asked as he looked at it. It jumped up. "Magikarp! Karp!: He cocked his head, and then grinned and walked closer to it. "Do you want to come with Magikarp?" He asked it. Magikarp closed it's eyes in delight. "Karp!" It agreed. Derek smiled. "OK!" He said as he reached for an empty pokeball at his waist. He pressed the center button and then threw it at Magikarp. It bounced off Magikarps head and landed on the grass, with Magikarp getting sucked inside. It hit the ground and shook three times, finally coming to a stop.

Derek walked slowly to the pokeball and then bent down to pick it up. He stared at it and then happily put it back to his belt. He then turned his head to Kassandra. "Looks like we both got a new pokemon." He said smugly, and then looked towards the beach. "Shall we?"

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Erin glanced over at where she had just seen the boy fall into the hole. She walked over to where the hole was previously only to realize it was now covered. She sighed, turned around and to go see if she could go help the other trainers, one of whom was Nathaniel who was wading through the water again with a purple backpack. She paused to think for a second, 'Wait purple. Nah my other backpack is still in the new backpack. Well as new as a waterlogged backpack can be. Must be somebody else's.'

She was about to start walking towards the other girl when something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see a small bird hopping through the grass not to far away. The bird was the top of it was a brownish feathering coloring on top that turned into a yellowish coloring at the end of its wings and a yellowish underbelly. Pulling out her Pokedex and pointing it to the Pokemon it confirmed what she remembered it was a Pidgey.

Pulling her backpack in front of her she fumbled around with it a bit before pulling the Pokeballs out and attaching them to her Pokeball belt. She grabbed her pokeball with Kei and released her in the direction to the right side of her. As soon as Kei was out the small Pokemon came running up to her.

"Okay, Kei. Ready for your first battle?" she asked pointing at the Pidgey who was still wandering around in the grass.

"Nido!" Kei replied in what seemed to be an enthusiastic manner.

"All right then lets do this. Start off witch a Scratch attack!" Erin said easily commanding the small Pokemon.

Kei ran as fast as she could on her small legs before scratching the Pidgey. The Pidgey realed for a second before returning with a Tackle attack.

"Scratch it again, Kei and follow it up with a Tail Whip!" Erin said.

Kei nodded hitting once again hitting it with a Tail Whip attack. The Pidgey attempted to launch a Tackle only to be hit by another Scratch attack. It went down this time and Erin reached for her one of her Pokeballs expanded it and tossed it at the Pidgey as Kei moved out of her way. The Pokeball sucked the Pidgey in and fell to the ground and it shake with the red light blinking as Erin and Kei watched.

A few seconds the shaking stopped, the blinking red light stopped, and Erin grinned. "All right! We caught our first Pokemon Kei!"

"Nido!" the small Pokemon said enthusiastically.

"Shall we officially introduce ourselves to him or her?" Erin asked.

"Nido ni!" Nidoran said nodding her small head. Erin reached for the Pokeball containing her new Pokemon and released the Pidgey.

Upon it being released the Pidgey gave them a look that seemed to say, 'Who are you?'

"Hey there Pidgey. I am Erin your new trainer and this is Kei," she said introducing herself and Kei.

The Pidgey seemed to scoff and look off in the other direction away from them. Erin frowned for a second thinking, 'What's his problem? Ah well.' Erin sighed and said, "So are you a guy or a girl? Raise your right wing if your a guy, left it your a girl."

The Pidgey onced aagain seemed to scoff but complied raising its right wing. Erin said, "A guy then? So what should I call you. I want a name so all my Pokemon are remembered when we win the Tournament! So let see how about Joukuu?"

The Pidgey tilted his head before shaking it. Erin said, "Okay then, let me think. How about Kyuuten?"

The Pidgey once again shook its head as Erin racked her head for another name, "How about Hae?"

The Pidgey paused for a second but this time he nodded his head. Erin grinned and said, "Hae it is then. Welcome to the team Hae!" As she let her Pokemon get to know each other she turned to where Nathaniel and the others were to see if they needed any help. She approached them and asked, "Need any help?"

((OOC: Wow, that has to be one of my longest RP posts ever.))

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
"I'm sorry, don't worry I'll get them back!" Nathaniel exclaimed as Sarah informed him of their missing bags. He looked around before pinpointing a single, bobbing bag off the coast of the island. Without hesitation, he swam over to it.

"I think it's your bag!" He called back to the girl.

"Yeah?!" Sarah squealed gleefully. Immediately, she began to make her way to shore. With every stroke, she felt her hair become caked with more and more saltwater. She wasn't an exceptionally strong swimmer, and with each movement, she was greeted with a large mouthful of the brine.

"Hey guys!" Sarah looked up momentarily to see the girl dressed in orange flagging her down. "Are you al..." Kassandra's question was cut off mid sentence "riiieeeee" The girl in orange then disappeared. It took her a while, but Sarah eventually made it to shore. Dragging herself up onto the sandy beach, she lay there a moment, panting, all whilst spitting the remnants of her journey out of her mouth. Even after the seawater was gone, the taste lingered.

"Where'd that girl go?" Sarah asked to no one in particular, looking around for any sign of the girl with whom she'd shared a boat ride. Her eyes only found Nathaniel, who was seemingly guarding the bag he'd carried onto shore, and the girl with purple hair, who ran off almost immediately.

"Oh," she groaned. "And the boy with the Charmander, too! I was really hoping to use her tail flame to dry my hair..." With that, she picked up the only Pokeball that remained with her, and released it. The small, pudgy bear emerged in the same manner he had previously.

"Teddy, baby, are you alright?" Sarah cooed, laying on her stomach to be at eye-level with her Pokemon. She lightly rubbed the top of his head.

"Urs," he replied happily, breaking away from Sarah's touch to run to her, embracing her head.

"Awwh, I love you too, Teddy." Sarah picked up the bear, giving him a light squeeze. "I'm glad you're alright. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't..." As the bear scampered up onto her shoulder, clutching one of Sarah's long blonde braids for support, the girl made her way over to Nathaniel.

"H-Huh?!" She exclaimed as she saw the bag. "That one's, like, purple. Mine's pink. Like my outfit!" Sarah giggled and spun for a moment, showing Nathaniel the color her bag should be. "It's funny, though, I don't remember anyone having a purple bag..."

OOC: I'm sorry, I really hated that post. -_- But I needed to post something, and if it advances the plot, well...then it was worth it. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back