• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokèmon Johto Journeys

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
  • Pokèmon Johto Journeys

INTRO

Pokèmon Johto Journeys isn't another fangame that's eventually going to be left in the dust. I've been working on it for over a year and a half now and intend on finishing it! What it basically is is a remake of Pokémon Gold and Silver with 2D graphics. Before you say that it's already being done (soul silver heart gold) this game is going to have SO many more features not to mention all 493 pokémon catchable in one game (see features for a full list)​

FEATURES

100% Customized Charsets for Johto Region! - Credits to Zel for letting me edit his graphics.
    All 493 Pokemon Catchable in one game!
    All 4 Regions! Including Johto,Kanto,Honnen and Mystery Islands!
    Netplay/trade! - Credit to Poccil/Flameguru for original script
    Online save system! - Coming soon
    Achievement system!
    Voice Support for Trainer Card! - Credit to Poccil
    More puzzles!
    Old Bug Catching Contest Plus new contests!
    And much much more!

SCREENSHOTS
    Spoiler:

Town Map

Pokèmon Johto Journeys

Custom Charsets

Spoiler:

BADGES

Spoiler:

AREAS

Spoiler:

Trailer

~ Coming soon

Downloads

~Demo up to 3rd gym coming 2/7/10

Team Opportunities

~ Currently looking for betatesters and graphic artist.

~ If you fit any of the above reply here or send a pm to Neostar, or Noobking87.

Expected Release Date

~ 6/08/10 - Date subject to change with notice. Will be releasing betas periodically. With updates coming every weekend.​

CREDITS

Original Charsets - Zel
    Original Scripts - Poccil/Flameguru
    Mapping - Neostar
    Scripting - Neostar
    Music - Played on piano by Neostar
    Sound Effects - Ripped from g/s/c r/s/e fr/lg. Some played on piano by Neostar.

I will periodically release scripts/charsets for people interested in remaking Johto. Please don't use any work from me or anyone else without their permission.

Last edited:

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Nice , keep it up. You wrote that you can catch 498 Pokemon
    , will there Be 5 Fakemon, because the Number of offical Pokemon
    is 493 ;)

Gigatom~

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Thanks for pointing that out, I posted this at 3 in the morning so time to check for more mistakes.... lol

From the name entering screenshot, it looks like you have an old version of Essentials. You may want to consider the following (Bill Nye Moment):

~Change the graphics
    ~Upgrade version of Pokemon Essentials

NeoStar

Years
  • From the name entering screenshot, it looks like you have an old version of Essentials. You may want to consider the following (Bill Nye Moment):

~Change the graphics
    ~Upgrade version of Pokemon Essentials

Actually, no I liked that name screen better, so I edited the newest version to include it. For some reason I like typing your name better. Working before demo on changing the name screen to show the old screen but have input from the keyboard. As for graphics what do you mean? Customize all the tilesets for Johto? I thought about editing zel's tilesets but they wouldnt of matched Kanto/Honen when I got that far into the game. Zel is also missing in action at the moment so I can't ask him for permission. So I decided on default tiles copying pokèmon gold. Hope that clears everything up.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Actually, no I liked that name screen better, so I edited the newest version to include it. For some reason I like typing your name better. Working before demo on changing the name screen to show the old screen but have input from the keyboard. As for graphics what do you mean? Customize all the tilesets for Johto? I thought about editing zel's tilesets but they wouldnt of matched Kanto/Honen when I got that far into the game. Zel is also missing in action at the moment so I can't ask him for permission. So I decided on default tiles copying pokèmon gold. Hope that clears everything up.

What I meant was why don't you switch from using the original FR/LG tileset.

NeoStar

Years
  • I thought about editing zel's tilesets but they wouldnt of matched Kanto/Honen when I got that far into the game. Zel is also missing in action at the moment so I can't ask him for permission. So I decided on default tiles copying pokèmon gold. Hope that clears everything up.

Explained there. Zel's tileset from Shiny gold is (or was) the only tilesets available for Johto to edit. And to be completely honest my photo shop skills aren't the best to make one myself.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Explained there. Zel's tileset from Shiny gold is (or was) the only tilesets available for Johto to edit. And to be completely honest my photo shop skills aren't the best to make one myself.

Oh, sorry about that.

I just realized the "e" in Pokemon on your thread name, the little thing on top is backwards.

It's "é" :P

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Oh, sorry about that.

I just realized the "e" in Pokemon on your thread name, the little thing on top is backwards.

It's "é" :P

lmao who cares... But nice idea, there is an updated tileset for johto... I'll have to find the link to it and msg it to you, on the topics note good progress so far not really liking the recolors of the charsets though

NeoStar

Years
  • lmao who cares... But nice idea, there is an updated tileset for johto... I'll have to find the link to it and msg it to you, on the topics note good progress so far not really liking the recolors of the charsets though

What about them don't you like? I can post the origionals if you want. Their just edited and ripped from zel's Pokémon Shiny Gold. And yes I would love to see that Johto tileset.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    orry to tell you this but this looks horrible, no changes to the starterkit what so ever..none.

NeoStar

Years
  • orry to tell you this but this looks horrible, no changes to the starterkit what so ever..none.

"orry" for what? I can handle criticism that's what this forum is for. But tell me... maybe I didn't show changes from the starter kit because I didn't want people to steal my work? Not to mention surprise people? Also, it's really hard to say "this game sucks" without a demo. That's like saying this movie sucks by just seeing the previews on tv and not actually watching it. Screenshots don't show the last 2 years of scripting work I did and I already admitted my photoshop skills suck. Also there IS a change from the starter kit posted in the screen shots. Actually 3 of them. Let's see if anyone can pick them out before I hold your hand and show them to you. Sorry if I come off as pissed I'm not, I'm just trying to prove a point.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • May I suggest not using that border, there is another resize option that makes it the same size without that border...

NeoStar

Years
  • It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about because you were talking about the charsets earlier. Yes I can change all the screenshots to get rid of that border.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    "orry" for what? I can handle criticism that's what this forum is for. But tell me... maybe I didn't show changes from the starter kit because I didn't want people to steal my work? Not to mention surprise people? Also, it's really hard to say "this game sucks" without a demo. That's like saying this movie sucks by just seeing the previews on tv and not actually watching it. Screenshots don't show the last 2 years of scripting work I did and I already admitted my photoshop skills suck. Also there IS a change from the starter kit posted in the screen shots. Actually 3 of them. Let's see if anyone can pick them out before I hold your hand and show them to you. Sorry if I come off as pissed I'm not, I'm just trying to prove a point.
    1. You know I meant sorry
    2. Why would anyone want to steal from you? No one will be even slightly attracted to the game if it just looks like they will be playing the starterkit.
    3. and if you know that screenshots dont show "2 years of scripting" then why not use a method that will?
    4. ......I've never used photoshop....your point?
    5. and why should we have to go looking for "changes"? if they arent evident than they are not worth posting the screens you say they are in....

NeoStar

Years
  • 1. Yes.
    2. I'm talking about the scripts and other things.
    3. A demo or trailer would. I just mostly posted this topic to give people a basic idea of what they can expect and get their feet wet so to speak.
    4. My point was I couldn't make custom tilesets without paint or photoshop skills. Which is your main complaint about what i've shown so far right?
    5. I thought they were evident but I guess I was wrong. I thought the bank script that i showed and the 7 custom trainer backrounds I posted were evident of change. Don't forget I only posted this topic 2 days ago and I'm updating it twice a day.

But this isn't the Jerry Springer show. If you hate what I've shown you have every right to, and I really didn't have a right to say you're right or wrong. Your point from what I'm guessing is that the tilesets are bland? They're an exact copy from fr/lg? People need to tell me whats right and whats wrong so I can fix them. I'm not a mind reader.

Back