• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokèmon Johto Journeys

Years

• FEATURES

Netplay/trade! - Credit to Poccil/Flameguru for original script
    Online save system! - Coming soon
    Achievement system!
    More puzzles!

Game looks good but could you answer a few questions? Could you explain how the achivement system is going to work? Online save system? and what do you mean by more puzzles? Do you mean strength puzzles and stuff? Can't wait to play this game!

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Game looks good but could you answer a few questions? Could you explain how the achivement system is going to work? Online save system? and what do you mean by more puzzles? Do you mean strength puzzles and stuff? Can't wait to play this game!

I was hoping somebody would ask about the features. I planned on keeping it a secret until beta actually and put up a website but ill reveal some of it here.

Achievements - Certain events and pokemon will be unlocked by the following:

How many Pokémon you've caught.
    How many eggs you've hatched.
    Steps Taken
    In game trainers battled
    Online battles won
    How many unknown you've caught
    Puzzles Completed

Now this isnt 100% thought up yet but all those mentioned will be included in the demo Saturday. The rest is secret until Saturday sorry.

Online save system:

Secret. But i'll give a basic idea. What i'm planning to do is have your game data saved to a website. It will include all your achievements, Pokemon caught, Steps taken ...etc in a profile. It's possible but don't expect it in the first demo or until release day for that fact.

Puzzles:

Remember in G/S/C where you had to solve the Kabuto puzzle to catch your first unown? Those kind of puzzles.

Rest will be revealed on the website and demo Saturday. Hope I answered your questions.

Years
  • I was hoping somebody would ask about the features. I planned on keeping it a secret until beta actually and put up a website but ill reveal some of it here.

Achievements - Certain events and pokemon will be unlocked by the following:

How many Pokémon you've caught.
    How many eggs you've hatched.
    Steps Taken
    In game trainers battled
    Online battles won
    How many unknown you've caught
    Puzzles Completed

Now this isnt 100% thought up yet but all those mentioned will be included in the demo Saturday. The rest is secret until Saturday sorry.

Online save system:

Secret. But i'll give a basic idea. What i'm planning to do is have your game data saved to a website. It will include all your achievements, Pokemon caught, Steps taken ...etc in a profile. It's possible but don't expect it in the first demo or until release day for that fact.

Puzzles:

Remember in G/S/C where you had to solve the Kabuto puzzle to catch your first unown? Those kind of puzzles.

Rest will be revealed on the website and demo Saturday. Hope I answered your questions.

Ok that about clears it up thanks. Could I be a betatester?

Years
  • Name: Cameron
    Prior experience: Have played pokemon games all my life.
    Why you think I should make you a beta tester: Because I want to play your game.

No I don't have graphic skills.

NeoStar

Years
  • Name: Cameron
    Prior experience: Have played pokemon games all my life.
    Why you think I should make you a beta tester: Because I want to play your game.

No I don't have graphic skills.

Ok first of all.... are you 12 or something? I said pm me I didn't want this topic to get all crumbled up with us replying back and forth to each other. Second of all playing pokemon games and "wanting to play my game" doesn't qualify as prior experiance. Sorry rejected.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Second of all playing pokemon games and "wanting to play my game" doesn't qualify as prior experiance. Sorry rejected.

LMAO!!! How does playing pokemon games alot not qualify a person to beta test for a pokemon fan game? For a professonal job as a Game Tester, you need knowledge of some programming, and basic writing skills, as well as a heart for gaming. But this isn't a professional game, intentended to be sold nor does it need a programming explaniation why a certain bug is in the game. But its your game your choice, I'm simply trying to figure out your logic. This wasn't intended to start anything, I still dont like how you do screenies... No one wants to click the screenie to view it. Try using the snip program if using vista, and then go into ms paint and resize the screenie down 50 by 50, Of course for this to work right I reccomend u use the defaut size while playing the game. An easier way to take a screenie just press F8 while playtesting then look in the game folder, then resize it...

NeoStar

Years
  • @ Kingcharizard. I expected it to be a little more professional than that that's all. It wasn't so much that than putting down he only wanted to "play my game". Sounded childish to me, plus I was drunk out of my mind when I typed it if thats a defense. About the screenshots your 100% right I was just taking them full-screen so they would come out better and resizing them in photobucket. I'll fix them later tonight.

@ Albelthewicked I apologize if you want to be a betatester go ahead. I'll pm you with the details which means private message by the way. Just click my name/profile and its in there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Ok first of all.... are you 12 or something? I said pm me I didn't want this topic to get all crumbled up with us replying back and forth to each other. Second of all playing pokemon games and "wanting to play my game" doesn't qualify as prior experiance. Sorry rejected.
    Ok, This game was bad before but now it has officially become a ridiculous joke...I cant really understand why he'd want to test this crap anyway(not mean just true.) He simply wanted to help the game and be part of your team and u became an ass, Im willing to bet that had he said he had graphic skills and still didnt pm you, that you wouldnt have been such an ass? Just a thought. This sucks, your attitude sucks and quite frankly I think your the one thats twelve....

Years
  • @Kingcharizard: Thank you, I didn't think I had done anything wrong either. I just wanted to help him.

@PokemonOI: So, let me get this straight because I think a g/s/c remake in 2D graphics is a GOOD idea im a "rediculous joke"? Well I guess nintendo's idea for heart gold and soul silver were rediculous jokes too then. If he can get all the things done that he says he is going to do I think it would be a great fangame. And if it's such a horrible idea why keep coming back only to post that it's a horrible idea and neostar is an *******? I don't know what the problem is between you and neostar but I suggest taking it over pm and stop acting like girls on their periods.

@Neostar: I was kidding about not knowing what a pm was, take a joke. I had sent you one after I read your post sorry. I was just anxious to try it out and didn't really pay much attention to the post or app. I appologize, but you had no right to blow up in my face either drunk or sober. Thanks for sending the demo I'll go through it tonight.

NeoStar

Years
  • @PokemonOI: Albel pretty much said it all. I only have one thing to say to you, why do you insist on coming back here and reading my thread if you already think my game sucks? Most people read a horrible thread and don't come back. Instead of constructive criticism you've made my thread sound like the Jerry Springer show. We all know I was out of line I apologized 3 times already. Get over it.

@Albelthewicked: Thanks, I look forward to hearing your results.

@Everyone: Now can we please get back on topic and talk about Johto Journeys instead of bickering at each other? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    @Kingcharizard: Thank you, I didn't think I had done anything wrong either. I just wanted to help him.

@PokemonOI: So, let me get this straight because I think a g/s/c remake in 2D graphics is a GOOD idea im a "rediculous joke"? Well I guess nintendo's idea for heart gold and soul silver were rediculous jokes too then. If he can get all the things done that he says he is going to do I think it would be a great fangame. And if it's such a horrible idea why keep coming back only to post that it's a horrible idea and neostar is an *******? I don't know what the problem is between you and neostar but I suggest taking it over pm and stop acting like girls on their periods.
    WTF!? wait, I was trying to help your dumbass. I didnt call you a jole this game is a joke....now your a joke. and there are girls here too you know...
    and now you've basically become his ***** after the way he treated you...
    @PokemonOI: Albel pretty much said it all. I only have one thing to say to you, why do you insist on coming back here and reading my thread if you already think my game sucks? Most people read a horrible thread and don't come back. Instead of constructive criticism you've made my thread sound like the Jerry Springer show. We all know I was out of line I apologized 3 times already. Get over it.

@Albelthewicked: Thanks, I look forward to hearing your results.

@Everyone: Now can we please get back on topic and talk about Johto Journeys instead of bickering at each other? Thanks.
    Get over what? the fact that you were an ******* to him? oh ok, so maybe now your realizing he was trying to help? But ay, this thread will be non existant in a matter of a week or so, so whatever....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Enough fighting there lads. There is no need for it.
    Consider this a warning before infractions are dished out.
    It's a shame to see people resort to saying the things you are posting.

PokemonOI and NeoStar, both of you need to chill out. POI, you voiced your opinion, so after that there was no need to post (and keep posting) and make an ass of yourself.
    NeoStar, there will always be people that won't like your work. POI gave his opinion on something and you got really defensive (after his first post in this thread).
    I know you care about your project and you have a right to get defensive over your work, but BOTH of you know, your posts, were not needed and should not be how you handle yourself online, especially on a pokemon forum.

I'm not going to close the thread, or delete any posts.
    Both of you really need to re-read what you both have written and understand were you went wrong.

Let it be a lesson.
    Learn from it.
    And move on.

NeoStar

Years
  • Demo is going to be late. Don't know how long but betatesting didnt go so well. Fixing all the bugs and going to add more features in this demo to make up for it. I hope to have at least some new screenshots by tonight and I appologize for my decision but I think it would make the game look and be so much better.

Last edited:
    Back