• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokécommunity Android app?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Hello. As some of you may know, I am new to the Pokécommunity forums and still trying to figure the way of things round here but I am settling in well and loving this great community so far. I'm not very experienced in the field of ROM hacking but I do know my way around Web & Android development, hence why I am creating this thread. I am creating this thread as a 'request' for permission to write an Android mobile app dedicated to the Pokécommunity forums as I think it will be a great step forwards for both me (as a developer) and you guys (as a great community).

In return, I don't want money nor do I want special 'perks' on the website, I just want the chance to write an app for such a fantastic community and maybe get myself 'noticed' as they call it. I don't know if this is the correct board to be writing this thread but I didn't know of anywhere else to put it.

What the app will do:
    - Allow people to view/start threads on the go.
    - Maybe appeal to a wider audience
    - Simple, sleek interface for users comfort
    And much more.

Anyway, I thank you for your time and hope you can give me this opportunity to prove myself as a developer and make something great for both of us.

Thanks again,
    Keiran.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    We already have an android app, its called Pokecomm. lite or something it's not to bad it could surely do with some renovations i.e. design and what I can click.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    We already have an android app, its called Pokecomm. lite or something it's not to bad it could surely do with some renovations i.e. design and what I can click.

I am aware of Pokecomm but it only allows you to read the 20(about) latest threads, and I want to create an app which allows you to scour through the whole forum board and have the ability start your own threads and send messages. I also had the idea to create a separate app dedicated to moderators only, or allow moderator options on eligible accounts.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    If I'm gonna be brutally honest here, Pokecomm is a terrible mobile app. I would welcome an attempt at making a better one.

Years

I am aware of Pokecomm but it only allows you to read the 20(about) latest threads, and I want to create an app which allows you to scour through the whole forum board and have the ability start your own threads and send messages. I also had the idea to create a separate app dedicated to moderators only, or allow moderator options on eligible accounts.
    You're very well able to create threads from the PokéCommunity Android app and browse the rest of the forum as well if you just click on the menu icon at the bottom right corner ;) but I will agree that it isn't the best solution for posting, but keep in mind that the app wasn't designed for advanced posting like you're on a computer.. it was designed to make simple posts on the go.

(this was typed via the PC Android app btw)

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    I'll be honest, while I like Pokecomm lite, It isn't without its faults. can be buggy at times and I don't like how it doesn't register as really being online, because it doesn't email about subscribed threads afterwards. the messaging is clumsy too. that said, it's way quicker To post from the app as opposed To the webpage. it's definitely an app that needs a bit of tweaking so I'd love To see your version of it Arcanine :-D

Back