• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Manaphy Suspect Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    People need to suspect more on the PC server, sure that has been a few matches but more people need to battle. If you want a say you NEED to battle or you wont fit the criteria so id suggest asking for suspect matches as much as you can.

On a side note

Alex_Dino on Smogon about Manaphy said:
    I'm afraid that Suicune might be going to UU in the upcoming months.

I lol'd so hard.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Off topic, I was in a battle on the suspect ladder on Smogon last night and reachzero was there complaining about how Manaphy should be Uber :/

I don't feel that Manaphy is overpowered in the current metagame. On the PC server, where you're supposed to use Manaphy on your team and figure out how it functions, I've used Manaphy to limited success. It's hard for it to get a Tail Glow up and effectively sweep thanks to Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias that can take hits from Manaphy quite well and threaten it with STAB Stone Edge, Crunch, Draco Meteor, etc.

Manaphy is most commonly seen in OU with the Tail Glow+ 3 Attacks set. Manaphy usually runs its attacks as Surf, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot(Hidden Power Electric isn't that common, usually teams built around Manaphy deal with Gyarados before Manaphy comes in). I've found through battling that Vaporeon makes an excellent check to Grass Knot Tail Glow Manaphy, especially if Vaporeon runs Toxic. Energy Ball Manaphy does give Vaporeon problems, however, but that's when something else needs to step in and take the hit (i.e. Latias).

I've also found that Blissey doesn't do so well against Manaphy as it does to other special sweepers, since a TG LO Surf can effectively 2HKO D_A's Wish Bliss set.

Years
    D_A, that post of yours was made for me, regardless of your intentions. I need to get up and do some suspect laddering. I just might in the morning.

I'm pondering on what to bait out counters with, though. Maybe Heatran? That should pull out Gyara, Latias, Vappy and Blissey. All of which can be dealt with by ScarfTTar.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    D_A, that post of yours was made for me, regardless of your intentions. I need to get up and do some suspect laddering. I just might in the morning.

I'm pondering on what to bait out counters with, though. Maybe Heatran? That should pull out Gyara, Latias, Vappy and Blissey. All of which can be dealt with by ScarfTTar.

Yeah none of those beat Manaphy anyway apart from Latias.

Dunno why people arent running Sub Manaphy it craps all over non T-Bolt Bliss and its so easy to wear down its other counters its unreal.

And uh, LO Manaphy doesnt 2HKO Blissey after a Tail Glow, even bold Bliss isnt 2hko'd lol.

My beef with Manahpy is that its counters are VERY specific and really easy to wear down, kinda like Honchkrow in UU. :/

Also Grass Knot is the most ass move ever on Mana btw lol

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I say no, simply because I hate Manaphy. On Brawl, it NEVER shows up, and it leaves me hanging. It also makes no sense that it has Tail Glow, despite the fact that it has no tail. And what the flying frick is it doing having a baby it can't even breed with? Gawd, it's awful.

I also wish for it not to centralize the game, sorta the way Chomp has. Sorta. Was it Chomp, or something else? I can't remember.

But what do I care, I'll beat it anyway.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If Manaphy is made OU I can see a rise is usage of Energy Ball on it to handle other Manaphy.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    If Manaphy is made OU I can see a rise is usage of Energy Ball on it to handle other Manaphy.

You must be psychic. :O I don't know a single person who can see into the future like that. What's it look like? :O

Anyway. Yeah, I'll start testing Manacute during my break, so expect some more suspects testing over the course of the next two weeks. :D I'm so glad no school means more free time for pogeymans.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What does the grass move even hit ?

Hidden Power Electric >> it every time.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Energy Ball over Grass Knot to hit fellow Manaphy duh. HP Electric is also viable.

Yeah I've been doing Suspect on Smogon and TeamUber I would like to do it on PC but our server isn't very active unfortunately so anyone can PM/VM me for a match there.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Energy Ball over Grass Knot to hit fellow Manaphy duh. HP Electric is also viable.

He was saying that Energy Ball doesn't hit anything useful that HP Electric doesn't already cover (unless you count Swampert who can never beat Manaphy).

In other news, while I haven't battled much at all on this ladder (though I did plenty on Smogon's), Manaphy still seems clearly OU to me. Nothing incredibly evil about it so far. Even though I lost to D_A (as always), Manaphy was only useful for its Water resist and not as an actual sweeping threat sooo...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Yeah I've been doing Suspect on Smogon and TeamUber I would like to do it on PC but our server isn't very active unfortunately so anyone can PM/VM me for a match there.

There's 10 people on right now ^__^

Anyway, I agree with Anti. So far Manaphy has been nothing spectacular. Tail Glow + Wacan Berry can be sort of annoying but nothing that can't be dealt with. I'm curious as to what it's capable of as a defensive pokemon, because it's a decent sweeper at best.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It's been two weeks. However, D_A and I don't feel like the test was thorough due to the lack of any significant participation. Perhaps the idea that it could be done was naive, but we thought that people would get about 7-10 battles each (which, for our purposes, is enough), but that didn't really happen. Stuff happens and it's no big deal really lol.

D_A and I decided to skip what appeared to be a waste of everyone's time, the voting process. Based on what appears to be a pro-OU sentiment, we have decided that, unless Smogon overturns this, Manaphy will be OU. However, you will be allowed to request not to face Manaphy. While this policy changes little from what we have had for the past two weeks (battles that allow Manaphy and battles that do not), we didn't feel that votes would be necessary or even tghat they would accomplish much, so this was the decision we came to. We realize that this isn't ideal or even fair to the people we promised would be given the opportunity to vote, but we see this as a win-win situation for pro-OU and pro-Uber people alike.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back