• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Calling all party-goers...

Calling all party-goers! The PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza is starting soon, but we have a small problem. We need some events!

When is it?
    The PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza will be held between December 29th, 2010 - January 2nd, 2011!

Where is it?
    IN A FORUM ON IT'S OWN! :]

About this thread

Some of you may have sent your personal messages to Jake about your contest ideas or linked to threads already existed, and I'd like to ask you to share your ideas here! We'll have this open for a few days, so be sure to share whatever ideas you have for your contests you have as detailed as you'd like. Can be a sentence, can be a page! As long as you get the point across. We'll choose the ones we think will go over best with the forum and run with them by making the idea starter an event organizer, and you'll get access to the planning forum and a special New Years event pin (emblem) for your hard work and dedication!

The Extravaganza Event! List

Popping Champagne (Co-hosted by Patchisou Yutohru & Hiiro)
    Like any event we have here, there's a chat that goes along with it pertaining to the actual event. This time, it's all focused on the new year! Ignore the other DCCs we have during this time!! This is where it's gonna all go down. Get your party on. Take out the firecrackers, the noisemakers, the pigs in a blanket, and all the other wonderful aspects the new year brings with it. Get ready, 'cause we're kicking 2011 off with a bang.

Baby New Year (Co-hosted by Patchisou Yutohru & Hiiro)
    Baby New Year has gone missing and it's up to you to find where he is. During the time of the Carousel, there'll be hints and clues throughout the actual forum for you to find him. Find one clue, jot it down, and you'll find another clue on the other side. Finding all the clues will lead you to the new year!

New Years Capture Photography Contest (Co-hosted by Forever & Captain Fabio)
    Look at all these parties going on, time to take some pictures! This year, the photography contest will have 3 rounds with different, festive topics for each. The contest will be judged by choosing the best 6 pictures from the first round, then the best 3 from the second round and then choosing a winner from the third round.

I'll Skype to that...(Co-hosted by Fuyuhiko & contryemo)
    Gather around the fireplace with many PC members on Skype. Here you'll talk about New Years stories, count down to 2011, the celebration, the lights; the list is endless.

'Tis the Season to be Gaming (Co-hosted by Morkula & Arcanine)
    Are you a hardcore gamer or just a casual player? Whatever you may be, join the rest of your friends and foes and face off against one another for the holiday season. The host(s) of this event will choose a select number of days/nights and titles for players to participate in.

PC's Pokémon Online Winter Tour (Co-hosted by Wolflare & Aurafire)
    It's all in the title really. Put on your winter jackets and snow boots, because we're heading outside for this one! For all those who enjoy Pokémon Competitive Battling, then come show off your skills and strategies against other trainers just like you for the holidays on PC's Pokémon Online server. .

Baby WHO? (Co-hosted by Jorah & MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire)
    Are you a fan of trivia? Held over at PokéCommunity's IRC will be PC's very own New Year Trivia Event. I hope you asked for a shiny, red buzzer this Christmas, because you'll need it over there!

iSketched You Some Firewords (Co-hosted by Roswell & zappyspiker)
    Fan of doodling or just drawing for the fun of it even though you're not the best artist in town while chatting with others? Well, like Pictionary, iSketch is the online version where one draws an image, and the others try to guess what it is. Of course this isn't just any ordinary iSketch game! It's New Years all around!

Christmas Caroling Showdown (Co-hosted by Kaori & Vendak)
    "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!" Lalala, do you think you have what it takes to sing some of your favorite Christmas carols? Join in on the fun. Good or bad, just have fun singing a favorite Christmas song of yours and see if you have what it takes to beat the rest of little carolers in town!

The Heavenly AMV Contest (Co-hosted by Pachy & Captain Fabio)
    Enter your best holiday season themed AMV and let them all duke it out over a snowball fight! This time the AMV's won't be judged; they will be voted upon.

Writing New Years All Over Again (Co-hosted by Zeffy & JX Valentine)
    Have any storming ideas ready to be written or typed? Then how about taking part in PC's Winter Writing Contest!? A one shot/short writing competition and the theme is focused upon New Years and the holiday season. The stories can be anything as long as it's theme related.

Write the Best Pokémon Themed "12 Days of Christmas" (Co-hosted by Kip & Tribal Ebony)[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    The idea is to hold a competition to see who can come up with the best Pokémon version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" carol. For example: "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a Pidgey in a pear tree." Do you have the creativity it takes to make it through the very top? There's only one way to find out...

Paint Me a Winter Wonderland (Co-hosted by Inkpuddle & Anastasia.R)
    Drawing, digital art, if you're an artist and want to test out that new art kit you got this Christmas, come take part in the New Years Art Contest. This event will be centered around the Holiday and New Years season where those who enter must draw pieces that best fit the theme given.

Photoshopping for the New Year(Co-hosted by moments. & Alternative)
    Grab your textures, brushes, and paintbucket for the new year. You will be participating in a graphics design event where the hosts will decide on a New Years-related theme and set-up for you to take part in.

The New Year Sprite Edit Competition (Co-hosted by dragonite149 & sammyskitty)
    All you have to do to enter is to edit a sprite to make it New Year themed! It can be anything from a Moltres with firework sparkles on it's wings instead of the usual fire, to a Salamence disguised as a Chinese New Year Dragon! Recoloring is allowed, you are editing the sprite if you are recoloring it! You can use any official Pokemon sprite at all, from R/B to HG/SS! Just make it New Year themed, m'kay?

The Great Egg Swap(Co-hosted by Kip & _________)
    Celebrate the New Year with a new Pokémon! What will you get? Anything from Mew to Magikarp! (Well OK, maybe not Mew :P ) Breed any Pokémon, get an egg. Then trade that egg with someone else to get another egg, but don't tell them what's inside! Swap eggs with as many people as you can for points - the more swaps you do, the more points you get! And get a brand new Pokémon to celebrate a brand new year!

Holiday Game Map-Off (Co-hosted by Destiny Demon & _________)
    The New Year means a new place! With your creativity, map out a new city, route, or any other landscape that represents the New Year, i.e.; Winter Route, Holiday City, etc., that you think shows the start of a great year!

Respond to your thread with your ideas, and if we like them, we'll have them here! This thread will be closed on the 19th!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Photography Contest (Hosted by me & Nica)
    Standard photography contest based around x amount of themes, most likely having 3 rounds.

Skype conversations (Hosted by ?)
    Simple conversations over a few days

Gaming Event (Hosted by ?)
    Depends on the hoster

Scavenger Hunt (Hosted by ?)
    Christmas themed hunt over the forum, depending on the hoster

Themed Wifi battles (Hosted by ?)
    Christmas themed (Ice pokemon) teams. Rules to be determined by hoster.

Christmas Chat
    Fun filled chat in one topic.

They are the ones I thought of...

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well myself and Sammiskitty have come up with one.

Christmas Costume Competition. :>
    Or CCC for short.

Edit: Bascially entrants need to dress up in a christmas costume. Anything they like. Then they need to take a photo of themselves and send it in. I am not usre yet if we need judging or voting. Whicever is more appropraite and fair.

Aannd, I'm working on the post.. with sammyskitty. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kaori and I plan to have something based on Black and White, including a Christmas in Unova creativity competition (and we're calling the whole thing Christmas in Unova), as well as a B/W Pokemon crossword and a word slueth. We've basically got the post all written up but we just need one more thing.

Fabio! I thought we were gunna do photography together, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Note: We'll need a quick description of the event, unless they're easy to assume what it is! Try to make it sound as selling and creative as you can. Don't forget to throw in a little Christmas kick in it!

Also remember that this goes on until new years, so have some events planned and theme for that as well.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I petitioned this to Live_wire, but he hasn't exactly approved for OC XD

Anyways, my idea was a Trivia Competition IRC style just like what I hosted back in the Get-Together. Only thing different would be questions. I'm only gonna need a few co-hosts that will be willing to submit questions. I'd like to make this event 1 day or 2 day only.

I call it: The Molar-Cracking Express Trivia Competition

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This'll be in it's own cozy forum by the fireplace. The only people you need to worry about approving your event are Hiiro and myself. n__n

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Christmas in Unova
    Black and White will be painted in red and green this Christmas, because we're celebrating Christmas in Unova! You can participate in the creativity competition, the Pokemon crossword or the word slueth, or even better, all three! They all last throughout the duration of the carousel, so you have lots of time to enter the competition or have a try at the other two events.

Description.~

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    So it will have its own forum then, like the other events that have happened?

I never really participated in one... But an iSketch event I guess? I won't be hosting that, though. Just a thought as that event was there during the other PC events.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll have to talk with Shivi before events go through. We'll discuss them individually, and then add them as we see fit into the main post and add you as an event organizer. So, you'll know when your event is approved if you check up on this thread often! n__n

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'll have to talk with Shivi before events go through. We'll discuss them individually, and then add them as we see fit into the main post and add you as an event organizer. So, you'll know when your event is approved if you check up on this thread often! n__n
    Shall we PM our posts to one of you two, so you guys can evaluate and discuss them?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Aurafire and I are hosting a Pokémon Online (not Wi-Fi, the simulator) tournament, which was about to be posted until I saw this lol. It's not Christmas themed though, because Battle Stadium has had bad experiences with themed tournaments in the past with them being dead and no one being interested. Stadium needs the activity anyway, and we don't want a theme to turn off battlers from joining. But, do we need to have a Christmas theme such as requiring 1 Ice-type Pokémon?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Christmas wi-fi Brawl- Hosted by (?)
    A wi-fi point tourney will take place for as long as the Christmas get together lasts.Any types can be used but must have one grass,fire or Ice type on their team as a symbol of the holidays. The winner will get a special Christmas battle themed Emblem.
    Point gain rules: 2 points per win -1 per lost, can't go below 0 points though.
    Must verify win with the hosts.

Holiday trivia- Hosted by (?)
    Several trivial question will be asked about Pokemon and Holidays, who ever answers the most correct get a Trivia Emblem
    Ps: I wouldn't mind hosting or co-hosting any of these two :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Nope! Just post your ideas here as detailed as you'd like (the more detailed, the more we can understand them) and that's it! Feel free to post more than once if you have a new idea along the way.

Years
    Just a small suggestion, I don't know if it has been suggested because I didn't read all the posts thoroughly. /skimmed.

Christmas Caroling Showdown
    Sing your hearts out with Christmas spirit in this little, but fun, singing competition! You'll have to sing a Christmas-themed song and the judges will judge you on your performance. Who's going to be the best caroler? Do you think you have what it takes to be the best Christmas Caroler of PC?

You guys can edit and revise the title and description, I just thought of it on the spot. It's a Christmas singing competition obviously!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018

Skype conversations (Hosted by ?)
    Simple conversations over a few days

I'm all in for Skype Conversations, I hosted the last event in October and it's certainly my thing, I love to talk of different things during conversations over Skype. However, not quite sure if I'd exactly have time in hosting but would drop into a convo. Really depends if I'll be busy over the Christmas Break or not.
    Edit: I'll get back to you guys on this.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back