• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    The first series of Torchwood was perhaps too adult for people's liking.
    The second series was spot on. :D
    The third series [The Children of Earth] was absolutely awesome! I loved it so much! ^o^

And yep, the fourth series has been confirmed. Thirteen episodes, IIRC, and Captain Jack, the universe's favourite pansexual, is confirmed to star. :D:D:D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    The first series of Torchwood was perhaps too adult for people's liking.
    The second series was spot on. :D
    The third series [The Children of Earth] was absolutely awesome! I loved it so much! ^o^

And yep, the fourth series has been confirmed. Thirteen episodes, IIRC, and Captain Jack, the universe's favourite pansexual, is confirmed to star. :D:D:D

I heard that it's being set in America. At least partly. I'm not sure how I feel about it really, as I liked it being set in Cardiff.
    I'm definitely glad they're bringing it back nonetheless. I watched it since the beginning, though I missed part of the second series I love it.

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I don't really mind the 'adult' stuff in it, but I admit, I do cringe when for instance in the (first?) episode when the Weevil takes a munch on the workers face. On the whole though I like it.

Kon~

Years
    Well, to be fair, in the first series they had a monster that fed off, and I quote, "Orgasmic energy".

-.-''

And yeah, I like it being in Cardiff. Although... the Cardiff base DID get blown up... and I don't think they can rebuild it, what with Gwen being heavily pregnant and Jack avoiding hard work at all costs. :3

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Good point about the base being blown up, I'd forgotten about that. I'm not sure how it can be called "Torchwood" if it doesn't take place in one of the Torchwood HQs though.
    Gwen's definitely confirmed to return, but the one thing I will never forgive the Beeb for, is killing Ianto. He was by far and away my favourite character in the series, especially in the latter two when he had a larger role.

MAJOR EDIT:
    Just found this on the Doctor Who Wiki:
    Spoiler:
    So I guess they have some justification for a more worldwide series after all.

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
    Good point about the base being blown up, I'd forgotten about that. I'm not sure how it can be called "Torchwood" if it doesn't take place in one of the Torchwood HQs though.
    Gwen's definitely confirmed to return, but the one thing I will never forgive the Beeb for, is killing Ianto. He was by far and away my favourite character in the series, especially in the latter two when he had a larger role.

MAJOR EDIT:
    Just found this on the Doctor Who Wiki:

So I guess they have some justification for a more worldwide series after all.

Interesting!

And YAH JOHN HART RETURNS!!! Seriously, after spending god knows how many years stuck in a time loop with Jack, you'd think the guy would want a break. :|

Urgh... Torchwood is, I think, the only TV program where EVERY main character death has left me in tears. (Except Jack, or i'd dry up.)

When Owen died, I cried.
    When Owen died again, and Tosh died too, I SOBBED UNCONTROLLABLY and actually mourned them.
    When Ianto died, I WEPT for him and for Jack.

And now what...? TT^TT

EDIT: oh, and there's a rumour floating about that Mickey and Martha will join the team. I thought this would happen after Journey's End, when everyone was leaving and Jack took them aside to talk about something. But it never happened... :|

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I'd never watched Torchwood before COE, but Ianto's death made me blub like a baby. ;___; I was angry they'd killed him off too. XD (But not as angry as the hardcore fans who apparently made a shrine for him? I think there were hate websites set up too.)

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well, I've never cried over a film/tv program but I definitely see where you are coming from, as I admit I was genuinely sad when they each died.
    As for the Mickey/Martha fiasco, I heard that after Journey's End and expected them to join. But after the sending off they got in The End of Time, where it mentioned they went freelance, I doubt it. That and the fact that Mickey's actor is now a big time director... guy.
    Still, it's possible, as Torchwood is still being written by R.T.Davis and that they are his characters. Anyway, I'd love it if they did turn up.

EDIT:

I'd never watched Torchwood before COE, but Ianto's death made me blub like a baby. ;___; I was angry they'd killed him off too. XD (But not as angry as the hardcore fans who apparently made a shrine for him? I think there were hate websites set up too.)
    Yeah, they set up a site: https://www.saveiantojones.com/. Apparently, their motto is "Save a coffee boy, save the world" and they even donated to Children in Need in his favour.

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    She guest starred in it for one or two episodes, still working with unit. I can't remember quite what happened in them though.

Kon~

Years
    Wasn't Martha in it for a little while before? I was gonna watch the first two series, but couldn't find them anywhere online (and I'm waaay too stingy to buy stuff xD;).

She guest starred in it for one or two episodes, still working with unit. I can't remember quite what happened in them though.

Yes, Martha came in to help Torchwood infiltrate the Pharm using their special transmitting contact lenses and found out about all the stuff that happened in there, and at the end of the episode was when Owen died (take one).

Then in the next one, Martha did Owen's autopsy because she was the only doctor left (due to Owen being, y'know, dead an' all...) and witnessed his resurrection.

I think she was in a third one too... yes, the one that Owen is just talking about himself being dead and stuff, and Martha sticks around.

Full episode summaries (yeah, I had to go check on the third episode):
    https://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Reset_(TV_story)
    https://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Man_Walking
    https://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/A_Day_in_the_Death

Kon~

Years
    I kinda wish that I'd watched the series when it was on BBC2 now... Despite the gore / sexual stuff, it sounds pretty decent.

Even though Janto is totally up my tree.

Janto is totally my OTP

Yeah, it was fun. :D Weevils are awesome and even more awesome was when Owen was their king.

In all seriousness, Towen was my OTP, and Janto second. :3

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I quite liked Gwen and Jack myself, although Janto had a certain something. Again, didn't watch many episodes. Even if I'd wanted to, my parents kinda shooed me out of th room.

To be honest, you can ship Jack with anyone or anything. He's 'flexible'. XD
    xX

Kon~

Years
    I quite liked Gwen and Jack myself, although Janto had a certain something. Again, didn't watch many episodes. Even if I'd wanted to, my parents kinda shooed me out of th room.

To be honest, you can ship Jack with anyone or anything. He's 'flexible'. XD
    xX

He doesn't care about age, gender, species or home planet, if he wants it, he will have it. XD

TBH, I'm a sucker for Whovian canon pairings. So I ship RoseXTen, ToshXOwen, JackXTen, JackXIanto, JackXGwen, JackXWhoeverelsethereistopairJackwith and... um... TenXMaster. >w < Heeheeheee....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back