• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéJungle Network . Wii are Ready

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Reminds me of that phpBB rip layout I have. o.O

And you don't need a DIV layout to compose one of complete CSS. And that's just an excuse for having thousands of border="0" and width="100%" inside every main table.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You're the one who keeps fighting XHTML, why are you advocating CSS? =P

XHTML works, CSS work, and if you use both properly...you're most likely better off. I choose to work on more XHTML structured layouts, and use CSS for color management.

However, you're correct in saying it might save me some time.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    The layout is very nice,Just the white is a bit much,Why not go for a light white or a light grey.Other wise it is awesome<3 Keep it up^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    -_-; Seriously, you're starting to piss me off. Everyone can choose their *own* way of webmastering, do your way and I'll do mine.

That goes doubly for your "PHP query" rants.

Spinarak can't be stopped now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I'm not saying you shouldn't choose your own way of webmastering. If not giving suggestions, as I just did with the layout. And if you don't like my suggestions then I'll leave the topic.

WTF was that Spinarak thing for?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    They're both just a matter of preference, and the end user result is the same, so it's a moot point =P

I dunno, Spinarak is so cool. It just can't be stopped.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    And another one of his riddles take place here. What I think it might mean is some bugs are helpful in a way.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    Does it have something to do with a new news site or sumthing where all selected webbies are part of the community? or sumthin like that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    We selected the elite to compete with other, more major things out there such as Bulbagarden.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
    Its simple, I like simple, content organization, and page layout is very good but the design as a whole leaves much to the imagination. the reason the Wii site works so well is because of the design's focus.

When I first visited the Wii website, the first thing i noticed wasn't the minimalist design, it was the high definition images contained within it. the wii developers wanted to focus all their visitors attention on the images so a barely visible design was appropriate.

to get the most of your design you would have to do something similar. your design takes my attention away from itself (as it should) but deposits it on the wii logo. Even before I look at the text or the site's logo i see that "Wii".. needless to say but this shouldn't be the effect you're going for.

after all of that, i still feel that this is a very good design. You should keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Actually, you're completely right~ that was a great assessment of the Wii site. My site doesn't really fit the goal that well, which is why I need to get a new layout up.

Ugh.

Smogon is not competition because it's specifically for the Metagame, and doesn't really venture into what I want to be nor what BulbaGarden is, which is a general resource.

Back