• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyu

Back in action
Years
  • [Hack of the week #77] Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles

If you dont like another GSC Remake - leave this thread.

Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles

"The ultimate GSC Remake"

Introduction

Hey! I'm Lyu and I wanna show ya my project, Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles.
    Most of you'll think: Wtf? Nah, just another boring GSC Remake.
    Well, I dont think so. I played Shiny Gold, Crystal Shards and Liquid Crystal. Of course, there cool games but I dont like them.
    So yeah. I wanna create the ultimate GSC Remake in fully Gameboy Advance style. If you are looking for "impressiv" d/p/p/hg/ss tiles - sorry, no way.
    Also, I just wanna creat the perfect GSC Remake for our 3rd generation.

My strong point is C++ and ASM, so you'll see some nice home made modifications in it.

Rom Information

Code Base: Pokémon™ FireRed [BPRE]
    Author: Lyu
    Language: English, German (I'm from germany, so I'm going to improve my english with that project!)

Storyline

C'mon! You already know GSC..

Awards

Features

New Tiles - Realistic and beautiful tiles with many addon's
    Berry System - Instead of Berry Trees, they'll be the possibility to take care of your berrys
    RTC-Chip - RTC or Real Time Clock: A fully working feature on FireRed! So, they'll maybe a D/N-System? Also used for the berry system
    Phone Booth's - You know them from Shiny Gold. They'll return in Crystal Chronicles with many new functions.
    New Intro - Fully GSC-Intro!

Screenshots

Credits

GSC Platinum - Many resources
    Gridiron, Coronis - Sprites
    Magnius, Clonex - Music

Support

- Thx to Gamer2020

© 2009 Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles
    Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc.
    This rom hack is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK,
    The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., or Wizards of the Coast.

Pokémon™ Crystal Chronicles is a rom hack of Pokémon™ Firered.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • How did you edit the intro!? well I know how but wow, great job :O
    This looks pretty sweet. Definately one of better hacks on PC.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay I will offer what I have to say. I honestly think it is going to be very hard to do a good new innovative remake of Crystal. However, if you are innovative you may suceed in making a couple betas but you have really picked a bad time to begin this. Mainly because of the release of HG/SS looming. You have time before it hits Europe and US so I can see people playing this while they anticipate the release of HG/SS. I can see some talent amongst the screenshots such as the new intro screen which shows you are decent with UNLZ or whatever program you may be using. You also have some nice tiles. To me they look like a total upgrade of the standard FR tiles without going too overboard so I like the graphics. Though I do have something to say about the main hero OW, I don't paticularily like it. It almost puts me off a little. I would consider editing it a little if I were you. But that's up to you I mean OW's may be a small aspect but I've seen more than one hack fail because it had off putting OW's. It is by far not the worst and at least you are being original with it rather than using already available OW's. As for the phones I would lke a little more elabouration on how you will make them different, in fact you should say in general what makes this hack different to all the other remakes other than the clock and hopefull D&N etc. Will you be changing the story? Adding something on? What will you be doing with the free space? Anyway regardless this looks better than someof the hacks floating around and I can see you have put effort in, I'm looking forward to seeing more updates however. Best of luck in your endeavour.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • cool i was sad because nintendo werent making a remake of crystal and well this looks amazing supporting this :)

thanks

~kian

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • OMG. This looks so awesome. I know this will be a spectacular hack. The screenies look so amazing.
    I see you made and RTC for Fire Red and a new berry system. You must be an awesome ROM Hacker.

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Finally a johto game
    Hope to see a new hack
    Btw nice intro
    You got Very unique Hacking Skills!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • The idea is overused. I think you picked the wrong time to make a Crystal Remake as seeing that HG/SS is coming soon and another Crystal Remake called Liquid Crystal (Its base is FR and this Hack's in Hacks Showcase) is about to release its final version soon as I guess there's not much of a reason to finish this Hack. It would be a whole lot better if you've worked on a whole new idea instead.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • My god, never before have i seen an edited intro. If given the proper care and time poured into this, it could even surpass shiny gold. You are very skilled. I commend you. Also, do you know enough asm to make the pokemon move?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • This looks truly amazing. I've never seen an introduction sequence hack that goes beyond simply editing the graphics. I truly believe that this will be legendary if you put the time and effort into it.

And my advice to Ruka Prince, Abnegation, and anybody who takes up their argument is to merely read the first sentence in the thread.

Anyways, kudos to you, Lyu! You certainly have a lot on your plate but from what I've seen so far, I know that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Keep up the excellent work!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, although the only G/S/C remakes I like or Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal, this looks absolutely amazing.
    I love that you edited the intro screen now to look like Crystal's, but with improved graphics~

Absolutely lovely! :D
    Good luck~

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • wow...This is quite impressive...That Intro looks like a perfect remake of the crystal opening...The intro will probably blow my mind...;)

This may surpass LC If you can stick with it all the way through...cause you've already impressed me with but a few screens...
    Good Luck on making your hack...

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    The intro sequence looks great this looks like it will
    turn out to be a great crystal remake I will definitely
    play this when it is released keep up the good work

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Many people are trying to make RTC for fire red and haven't quite made it yet. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus those are just screens so I won't believe that it is an exact intro till I see it as well. I think this idea is very unoriginal but you are entitled to make a remake as much as I or anyone else is. To me it's sort of hard to believe that you are some kind of ASM god if you must use the phone booth idea from shiny gold as a phone system... I mean it won't be a
    perfect GSC Remake for our 3rd generation.
    Without a proper Pokegear. Still I do believe that this has potential and I wish you luck on this project.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Oh please, will you "HGSS is coming out soon! GSC remake is so unoriginal" people leave? Let him do what he wants. Get off his back.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Oh please, will you "HGSS is coming out soon! GSC remake is so unoriginal" people leave? Let him do what he wants. Get off his back.
    I did say he has the right to do it...

I'm sure he would was expecting posts like that (not just mine but those of others that have posted and will post in the future). It's stupid to think that people won't be against GSC remakes these days.

Even though remakes have been done before every person has the right to do a remake. They won't all be exact and of course some people will comment against them but come on there is not one hack that everyone likes. The important thing is to consider what the comment/opinion is, give feedback in an appropriate manner, and then move on. Just as Lyu has the right to make a GSC remake people also have the right to comment and give their opinion on it.

P.S. Not really directed towards you Magnius I just felt like saying that cause your post made me want want to write my opinion. Not trying to pick a fight or anything...

ultimate x

Noblesse Oblige
    Years
  • whoa! nice hack LYU! well, this is pretty awesome hack, I like your style, simplicity, making things simple:D
    well, good luck with this LYU! I'll be rooting on you! :D

Lyu

Back in action
    Years
  • How did you edit the intro!? well I know how but wow, great job :O
    This looks pretty sweet. Definately one of better hacks on PC.
    Hehe, thanks :)

You have time before it hits Europe and US so I can see people playing this while they anticipate the release of HG/SS. I can see some talent amongst the screenshots such as the new intro screen which shows you are decent with UNLZ or whatever program you may be using.
    Well, I think I can take all time I need to finish that.
    Anyway, thanks :)

cool i was sad because nintendo werent making a remake of crystal and well this looks amazing supporting this :)

thanks

~kian
    I guess nintendo will make a remake of hg/ss soon.. like platinum :P

OMG. This looks so awesome. I know this will be a spectacular hack. The screenies look so amazing.
    I see you made and RTC for Fire Red and a new berry system. You must be an awesome ROM Hacker.
    Yay, I'm just doing my best xD
    The berry system is very simmilar to r/s/e ones, but it has differences! The real time clock for firered works fine, if you're using visualboy advance...

Finally a johto game
    Hope to see a new hack
    Btw nice intro
    You got Very unique Hacking Skills!
    Thanks.

The idea is overused. I think you picked the wrong time to make a Crystal Remake as seeing that HG/SS is coming soon and another Crystal Remake called Liquid Crystal (Its base is FR and this Hack's in Hacks Showcase) is about to release its final version soon as I guess there's not much of a reason to finish this Hack. It would be a whole lot better if you've worked on a whole new idea instead.
    I'm just hacking for.. hm.. maybe 4 month now. Well, maybe it's the wrong time to create another gsc remake but I'm used to create a simple game, because I can take a look to the original crystal for many resources like events or dialoges.
    It's hard for me to write a whole new story in english because I'm from germany, lol. I guess my english isnt good enough to manage maaaaany things.

My god, never before have i seen an edited intro. If given the proper care and time poured into this, it could even surpass shiny gold. You are very skilled. I commend you. Also, do you know enough asm to make the pokemon move?
    I guess there'll be something like new move fields. Thinking of whirpool... ;)

This looks truly amazing. I've never seen an introduction sequence hack that goes beyond simply editing the graphics. I truly believe that this will be legendary if you put the time and effort into it.
    Yeah. The intro took more than 2 weeks since I was able to create some custom stuff for gameboy advance based pokemon games.

Hallo.

Gerade wie zu sagen Sie, dass dieses bis jetzt gut schaut. sehr nette Intro, die ich dort sehe. ich habe einige Fragen zwar. Sie sagen, dass Sie das RTC in FR? errichteten? würden Sie sich interessieren, um das ausführlich zu behandeln? im nicht versuchend, Ideen für flüssigen Kristall zu stehlen, da ich mein sollution bereits zu dieser Ausgabe… im gerade interessiert an Ihrer Lösung habe. ich habe irgendein adbice für Sie zwar… i-Hoffnung Ihre bis diese Aufgabe, wie sein groß…
    Glueck Verbindung.

link

p.s i used babelfish so it might be a bit off :P
    Erm.. that translation is horrible :P
    Please re-post it in english!

Well, although the only G/S/C remakes I like or Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal, this looks absolutely amazing.
    I love that you edited the intro screen now to look like Crystal's, but with improved graphics~

Absolutely lovely! :D
    Good luck~

wow...This is quite impressive...That Intro looks like a perfect remake of the crystal opening...The intro will probably blow my mind...;)

This may surpass LC If you can stick with it all the way through...cause you've already impressed me with but a few screens...
    Good Luck on making your hack...
    Thx!

The intro sequence looks great this looks like it will
    turn out to be a great crystal remake I will definitely
    play this when it is released keep up the good work
    And.. thanks to you.

Many people are trying to make RTC for fire red and haven't quite made it yet. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus those are just screens so I won't believe that it is an exact intro till I see it as well. I think this idea is very unoriginal but you are entitled to make a remake as much as I or anyone else is. To me it's sort of hard to believe that you are some kind of ASM god if you must use the phone booth idea from shiny gold as a phone system... I mean it won't be a
    Without a proper Pokegear. Still I do believe that this has potential and I wish you luck on this project.
    Well, that isnt as easy as you think. You cannot create a small asm script which supports full pokegear functionality.. The phone boot idea from shiny gold is just a "idea" right now. It'll take some time to create a better system, maybe I'll insert a complete pokegear. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on my free time.

Oh please, will you "HGSS is coming out soon! GSC remake is so unoriginal" people leave? Let him do what he wants. Get off his back.
    Well, you'll see some of your music in cc :P

whoa! nice hack LYU! well, this is pretty awesome hack, I like your style, simplicity, making things simple:D
    well, good luck with this LYU! I'll be rooting on you! :D
    Puh.. the last one.

Whoa, what a nice feedback.
    I'll do my best to get some new ideas for that game.
    Anyway, the hero is just a overworld for developement and for this thread. I'll change some stuff soon ...

And hey, HG/SS is for ds. That'll be for gba. So enjoy :P

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • wow this is really amazing I toght that editing the intro is extremly hard,anyway can you please post the video of the intro you make?lots of people here wants to see this (=

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • xD i thought the translation was bad. as i cant read german myself. anyway...

Just to say that this is looking good so far. the intro looks very good too :P im mainly interested in your solution for the FR RTC. im not trying to get ideas as i have a solution already. im also interested now that you said it dosnt work on VBA? is that right. xD

overall good luck and hopfully you stick at it. its a huge task xD hopfully you know that though.

link

Lyu

Back in action
    Years
  • xD i thought the translation was bad. as i cant read german myself. anyway...
    xD

Just to say that this is looking good so far. the intro looks very good too :P im mainly interested in your solution for the FR RTC. im not trying to get ideas as i have a solution already. im also interested now that you said it dosnt work on VBA? is that right. xD

overall good luck and hopfully you stick at it. its a huge task xD hopfully you know that though.

link
    Well, it was a mistake of mine - it only works on vba while using the option "Real Time Clock".
    At the moment, it only supports a 24-hour based system. I can use that stuff for the berry system or a d/n system. The secret is pokemon emerald. Yeah, I found a few parts of emeralds rtc-chip. So I was able to redesign the rtc chip full and get it working into firered.

Anyone asked what I wanna do with my free space.. well.. I'll fill it out xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back