• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Alchemist

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Hello, hope you don't tilt too much and quit the game, lol.

Just gonna rattle off the responses in list order.

-Sand Attack
    It should function just as it does in the main games, when hit it brings you down an accuracy stage. This is a bit hard to answer, as it's coding in the game engine, not something I personally did. I'll be truthful, I really know next to nothing about coding and a lot of the back end stuff in the engine. I looked through the information I had regarding it, and it seems to just be bad luck on your end, unfortunately. I've asked more knowledgeable people about it, however, and I'll update this if something is uncovered.

-Fury Swipes
    Just checked Fury Swipes on Bulbapedia, and it's not supposed to flinch. I think your memory is just iffy.

-Crits
    Same with Sand Attack. It's out of my control, but I do believe it should be somewhat properly functioning in line with the main game. I'm asking some people more knowledgeable about the Essentials engine regarding random stuff like this, and I'll update the post if there's any issues discovered.

-Encounter Rate
    "There will never be an encounter during the first 3 steps after a battle/starting surfing"
    The encounter rate following that should be about 20%. That's for Grass patches. Caves and Water are a bit lower, probably about 10%.
    Darkprince is also correct, using the Lullaby from the Pokégear will decrease encounter rates. Remember that while using Repels you need to be a higher level than the Pokémon.

-Updates
    Your saves will persist. Updating is simply re-downloading the game, saves will still work.

Hope the game continues to keep you interested! Also hope these replies were sufficient.

Ok im just having bad luck, and yeah i could have fucked up a bit the memory because i was so tilted i tried to cheat on something, im just gonna redownload the game clean now that i know that fury swipes causes flinch because im an idiot, lol.

and don't worry the game is great, but i'm wondering why there is so much lag in some city, not everywhere in the city tho.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Double post because i forgot to ask you question and to say positive things about your game.

Are you still doing post-game content as for now or is it cancelled ? I checked the wiki and saw some of the post game even being " worked on ", is it still the case ?

And i wan't to state that the start of the game is very hard, lots of griding to do before doing any of the first two champion ( imo ), but when you get the exp share ( around the third badge ) the levels of trainer / champion is way more in the line of your pokémon, which is better, you don't have to grind on wild pokémon ( which is pain in the ass, i prefer fighting trainers ), so, great !

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
    Years
  • Ok im just having bad luck, and yeah i could have fucked up a bit the memory because i was so tilted i tried to cheat on something, im just gonna redownload the game clean now that i know that fury swipes causes flinch because im an idiot, lol.

and don't worry the game is great, but i'm wondering why there is so much lag in some city, not everywhere in the city tho.

The city is basically a lagfest because of the Blue RIbbon event, and the size of the city. It's split up into four quadrants, so it should slightly help lag if you stay in one area . Moving close to like the bridge, or the stairs, loads the other areas. There's really no solution unless I re-design the city again.

Double post because i forgot to ask you question and to say positive things about your game.

Are you still doing post-game content as for now or is it cancelled ? I checked the wiki and saw some of the post game even being " worked on ", is it still the case ?

And i wan't to state that the start of the game is very hard, lots of griding to do before doing any of the first two champion ( imo ), but when you get the exp share ( around the third badge ) the levels of trainer / champion is way more in the line of your pokémon, which is better, you don't have to grind on wild pokémon ( which is pain in the ass, i prefer fighting trainers ), so, great !

When I'm finished with Alchemist, i'd like for there to be an entire season of postgame episodes, hence the 12 planned episodes. All of the episodes that are currently present I'm happy with, but the ones i'm currently working on are massive.

Episode 10 is literally 8 extra gyms and tons of new cities and content. Compare that to just one story event episode in just one town, like North Kamla. (Episodes 0-5)
    You can see the scale of it right now, with the Sinnoh area. (Just one of the 5 regional areas I would like to include) I've currently started development of Kanto.

For reference, I'd like to include Vermilion, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, alongside all of the surrounding routes. That's a lot of stuff to include, so it's going to take a while for the next leg of episode 10.

Anyways, once I've hit all 12 episodes as completed I'll call it quits for Alchemist. For now, it's still definitely in development.
    (I also stream postgame development on my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WCOeC3-2z9LBOK0j-T-nw)

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    The city is basically a lagfest because of the Blue RIbbon event, and the size of the city. It's split up into four quadrants, so it should slightly help lag if you stay in one area . Moving close to like the bridge, or the stairs, loads the other areas. There's really no solution unless I re-design the city again.

When I'm finished with Alchemist, i'd like for there to be an entire season of postgame episodes, hence the 12 planned episodes. All of the episodes that are currently present I'm happy with, but the ones i'm currently working on are massive.

Episode 10 is literally 8 extra gyms and tons of new cities and content. Compare that to just one story event episode in just one town, like North Kamla. (Episodes 0-5)
    You can see the scale of it right now, with the Sinnoh area. (Just one of the 5 regional areas I would like to include) I've currently started development of Kanto.

For reference, I'd like to include Vermilion, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, alongside all of the surrounding routes. That's a lot of stuff to include, so it's going to take a while for the next leg of episode 10.

Anyways, once I've hit all 12 episodes as completed I'll call it quits for Alchemist. For now, it's still definitely in development.
    (I also stream postgame development on my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WCOeC3-2z9LBOK0j-T-nw)

Woah, i never thought you would put so much more content in a finished product, lol, it's more like a new game in the actual game at this point, i'll definetly looks forwards for the stuff you are working on, and any plan on putting some of the lacking spell animation back into the game ? or is it because it cause lag ? ( rip surf animation lol )

And thanks for replying so fast.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Funny stories here : i just got in the safari park, looking for the HM breaks rock, and as i strolled throught the safari i came across a npc who told me that a friend of her got a shiny pokémon who ran away, and told me that she was unlucky.

at this point i was like " oh, if i ever came across a shiny in the safari park i would be very fucked and lucky at the same time, they are so rare, but the worst part would be it would ran away '

30sc later i came across a zangoose shiny and was like " OMFG NO WAY " and prepared myself to loose it.

But at my surprise, i got it, and now, i have a question for the dev : what are the odds of finding a shiny in the safari park in your game ? are the chances higher than in everywhere else or i just got lucky af ?

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Funny stories here : i just got in the safari park, looking for the HM breaks rock, and as i strolled throught the safari i came across a npc who told me that a friend of her got a shiny pokémon who ran away, and told me that she was unlucky.

at this point i was like " oh, if i ever came across a shiny in the safari park i would be very fucked and lucky at the same time, they are so rare, but the worst part would be it would ran away '

30sc later i came across a zangoose shiny and was like " OMFG NO WAY " and prepared myself to loose it.

But at my surprise, i got it, and now, i have a question for the dev : what are the odds of finding a shiny in the safari park in your game ? are the chances higher than in everywhere else or i just got lucky af ?

There's nothing to adjust shiny rates in the Safari Zone. The Pokémon at the end of the Sandveil Mines are the only guaranteed shiny.
    However, shiny rates throughout the games are increased.
    This is exact chance you will find a shiny:
    100 / 65 536 = 0.0015258789
    It's quite a bit up from the main games. I think it's a little unfortunate to get a full odds shiny in fangames, so I've buffed it up a bit to compensate for the fact that it's not a main series shiny. Not sure if my mindset makes any sense, but whatever.

I've also pushed out a small update to the game tonight, 4.2.
    This includes some stuff in the Sinnoh Region.
    -World Map (Includes Flying)
    -Global Terminal with (offline) Wonder Trading
    -Some bug fixes to various parts of the game, including Graphite City.
    -More stuff in preparation for future postgame content

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Ok so, i got fucking lucky, lol, what a coincidence tho, this npc and 30sc later the shiny, haha.

Thanks you mate for resolving this shit ass bug in graphite city lol caused me so much trouble xd gonna download right now

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    I finished the league yesterday, amazing challenge, the champion could be a little stronger with more varied type of pokémon but the elite four was challenging, great game overall and now i'm starting what i like more : legendary hunt and postgame content ( don't spoil me anything about legendary tho i like to find them myself )

One thing tho : you should try to get unique sprite for champion and such, more immersive imo, and try to implement more attack animation if you can !

Overall : Congratz man, your game felt better than some other fan made game i played in the past.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Hello, i have a question : i've got to the sinnoh region, where the npc asked me if i wanted to start anew, since i didn't see the point of doing so i disagreed and started exploring the sinnoh region.

and i was wondering, if you are going to do eight more badge, im assuming it's going to be these of sinnoh, but since i already played diamonds, what are you going to add to make the adventure unique compared to the original game ?

Thanks.

edit : and depending on what we choose at the start of the episode, starting with new pokémon and no item, or keeping everything we have, will you be scalling down / up the wild pokemon / trainer / champion in function of what we choosed ?

would be sad to get all eight badges fighting against poor champion with low level pokémon lol.

Jttyzzle

Years
  • I finished the league yesterday, amazing challenge, the champion could be a little stronger with more varied type of pokémon but the elite four was challenging, great game overall and now i'm starting what i like more : legendary hunt and postgame content ( don't spoil me anything about legendary tho i like to find them myself )

One thing tho : you should try to get unique sprite for champion and such, more immersive imo, and try to implement more attack animation if you can !

Overall : Congratz man, your game felt better than some other fan made game i played in the past.
    Thanks for all this! I'm personally not a spriter at all. (I think my bad Gym Badges can attest to this). If anyone is willing to support Alchemist and work with me on sprites, I'd be happy to implement them.

and i was wondering, if you are going to do eight more badge, im assuming it's going to be these of sinnoh, but since i already played diamonds, what are you going to add to make the adventure unique compared to the original game ?

Thanks.

edit : and depending on what we choose at the start of the episode, starting with new pokémon and no item, or keeping everything we have, will you be scalling down / up the wild pokemon / trainer / champion in function of what we choosed ?

would be sad to get all eight badges fighting against poor champion with low level pokémon lol.
    The postgame is going to continue onwards from where the current Sinnoh area ends into other Regions. For example, the next few Gyms are going to be in the Kanto Region. You'll accumulate eight new badges from around the world and then challenge some sort of penultimate Pokémon League somewhere.
    And yes, the game will scale important battles. The first scaled battle is the Gym Leader Roark. If you reset, Roark will be about level 10, if you don't, it's in the 60's. Scaling every wild battle and trainer would be way too much work, so it'll just be for the important stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Ok thanks for your response ! But before you do all your eight new badge, may i give you an advice :

Putting eight new badge from different region would look really weird especially if you get those in the " already stated gym " ( like, you do the first badge of sinnoh, you go to kanto, do the second gym of kanto, and so forth with other region.. for exemple, these you get in the normal game in each region. )

So, if you are going to implement an "ultimate league" somewhere in the game, i would suggest you to do some kind of " ultimate gym " for it, implemented throughout different region ( kanto, johto, etc... ) or put many of these in one single region, and then move on to the next to finish the remaining badge, this way you wouldn't have to implement a vast amount of region / mini-region ( like north kalma, i would prefer a entire region with like, 4 of these ultimate badge, and then one little area with the 4 remaining and the league than many little region for all eight )

It's just an advice tho, don't take it too seriously, you do whatever you wan't, i'm gonna enjoy it anyways.

edit : if i read right, you are going to do full sinnoh region and then another one ? i'm not sure to understand this point.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    Hello, without spoiling me the whole puzzle ( or what's inside ), could you give me a hint on how do i open the closed door of the abandoned factory if it's openable ? Thx !

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Ok thanks for your response ! But before you do all your eight new badge, may i give you an advice :

Putting eight new badge from different region would look really weird especially if you get those in the " already stated gym " ( like, you do the first badge of sinnoh, you go to kanto, do the second gym of kanto, and so forth with other region.. for exemple, these you get in the normal game in each region. )

So, if you are going to implement an "ultimate league" somewhere in the game, i would suggest you to do some kind of " ultimate gym " for it, implemented throughout different region ( kanto, johto, etc... ) or put many of these in one single region, and then move on to the next to finish the remaining badge, this way you wouldn't have to implement a vast amount of region / mini-region ( like north kalma, i would prefer a entire region with like, 4 of these ultimate badge, and then one little area with the 4 remaining and the league than many little region for all eight )

It's just an advice tho, don't take it too seriously, you do whatever you wan't, i'm gonna enjoy it anyways.

edit : if i read right, you are going to do full sinnoh region and then another one ? i'm not sure to understand this point.
    What is already in Sinnoh is what's going to be there. The Sinnoh area is completed right now aside from a few Legendary Pokémon things I would like to do. (Darkrai, Cresselia, etc.)
    I understand your idea for the ultimate Gyms, and that's a cool idea, but I've kind of already started progress and it's a little too late I think right now for that idea.
    But yeah, you'll be travelling throughout random regions gathering assorted badges. It's a little weird, like you said, I agree. Kanto will be the next place you visit, in the 5.0 update.
    I'm really not sure where to put the penultimate Pokémon League though, or what to even put in it. Not looking forward to making that actually, because I really have no idea lol

Hello, without spoiling me the whole puzzle ( or what's inside ), could you give me a hint on how do i open the closed door of the abandoned factory if it's openable ? Thx !

Unfortunately, the door won't open- for now. Sorry to disappoint.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    What is already in Sinnoh is what's going to be there. The Sinnoh area is completed right now aside from a few Legendary Pokémon things I would like to do. (Darkrai, Cresselia, etc.)
    I understand your idea for the ultimate Gyms, and that's a cool idea, but I've kind of already started progress and it's a little too late I think right now for that idea.
    But yeah, you'll be travelling throughout random regions gathering assorted badges. It's a little weird, like you said, I agree. Kanto will be the next place you visit, in the 5.0 update.
    I'm really not sure where to put the penultimate Pokémon League though, or what to even put in it. Not looking forward to making that actually, because I really have no idea lol

Unfortunately, the door won't open- for now. Sorry to disappoint.

I can give you idea for the penultimate league, if it's the ultimate challenge in your game, put an elite four with only lvl 100 pokemon and moveset from top notch competition online, would be challenging af.

Or a normal scale lvl pokemon with said moveset from competition, but if you started the progress of the gym, too bad, but, you can do something special for the league, like, what thing game freak never did for the pokémon league ?
    All elite four kinapped by random bad guys who is super insane and use a set of legendary pokémon ( like, a legendary trainer, like your toon in all game ) ( then they are free if you defeat him and let you chase after them in the region ) and then you free them and confront their power in a battle for the league, something like that.

Or you can do a totally different thing ; when you get all of these 8 new badges, no league, fuck it, a new area with wild pokemon which are insanely strong, and the elite four would be disseminated throughout the land, confronting them in cool environnement, in any order you wan't, and then you would find and defeat the champion somewhere which unlock only when you have confronted the other fours. The new area could be their training ground since wild pokemon would be strong af, legit i think.

and Ok i'm going to wait for this gate to open and share it's marvellous secrets.

P.S : i found bugs, kyogre and groudon sprites stay here after you captured them. I absolutely loved the way you find them, i wasn't even unware that kyogre was in the update and entered is cave without even knowing it was a new one, lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2017
    There is still the bug in graphite city with the text box showing up at the same place, and i did download the new update :(

Jttyzzle

Years
  • There is still the bug in graphite city with the text box showing up at the same place, and i did download the new update :(

Alright, I think i've finally, finally fixed the problem. I've ran over all of the tiles, and no issues have appeared. The small fix is out, but there isn't a version number change or anything.

Back