• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Alchemist

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    where is the download link for 5.0? I don't see the link to this project's discord anywhere so I cant go over there to download.

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
    Years
  • where is the download link for 5.0? I don't see the link to this project's discord anywhere so I cant go over there to download.

Sorry there was the line referencing the discord/beta below the doc link that was old and confusing. I removed it.

Normally, no. From what I hear though you can use Wine to have the program run but I don't own a mac so I can't really attest to if it works or not.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2019
    Hey Jttyzzle, I found this one bug in your game. I downloaded the most recent version and got this after trying to talk to the girl blocking the entrance of the secret BR base in Craterlake City for postgame episode 5, I believe according to the wiki guides. Unfortunately, it seems like I can not paste the runtime error it says on the screen. Basically all the error is saying is that it is unable to find the character I am selecting, so it can not retrieve the information out of it depending how you stored it.

If you can post the code online somewhere, I believe I can fix this pretty easily, otherwise if you can just simply give me a contact email, and I can forward you a picture of the error. Apparently this platform does not allow me to attach pictures.

Also, I think this error may be appearing because I did not complete postgame episode 1. However, I do not know how to do that episode. It never appeared as an event. I already completed postgame episodes 2 to 4. Any idea of how to make it appear. Maybe that might be what is causing the bug. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2019
    Actually, just to add to that, maybe I probably have not downloaded the most recent version, since I took it off a random site a few weeks ago. Could you put up a new download link to the game? Thanks. Also, if I re-download the game will that affect my save files?

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Im curious, how many regions can you go to and explore in this game?
    There's the main region, it's northern section and a bunch of other ones. You can visit sections of Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Unova. Check the wiki if you'd like to see some specifics.

How do trade evolutions work in this game?
    There should be an item called a Trade Stone that can be used.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • What's the over-under on maybe getting a speed-up button if you ever need to come back to this/update the game? Not THAT big of a deal but it'd be dope as hell.

EDIT: Thanks to the dev's help on Discord! If anyone sees this, basically follow the instructions in the post https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=306037 (somewhat unintuitive to some maybe, so I'll suggest looking in Tools > Script Editor > Script > PSYSTEM_System. everything's there!). Game's normal frame rate is 40, set the turbo to whatever (I did 80.)

This works with the RMXP trial if you do not own the full version.

Last edited:

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Hello everyone, just a quick update from the developer.
    We've been developing bug fixes for the game, but due to some circumstances the links to the patches are currently available exclusively on the Discord server.
    In addition, I'd like to announce that in the following next few days as of writing this I'm going to open up a Screenshot competition to replace the outdated ones currently found here on Pokecommunity. You'll be able to find more details, like with the patches, on the Alchemist Discord server. (Link available in the Google Doc).
    Thanks as always for supporting Alchemist everyone!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is It possible to move the pokegear to a different button besides F6? I'm asking because my laptop is set so that F6 always mutes/unmutes the volume. Help would be appreciated.

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Is It possible to move the pokegear to a different button besides F6? I'm asking because my laptop is set so that F6 always mutes/unmutes the volume. Help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately F6 is hardcoded to open the Pokegear, meaning it's impossible to change.
    If you have access to RPG Maker you could open the game files and change the key by looking at the bottom of the Game_Player script.

I don't believe the Pokegear is essential for anything in the game, and you can view the town map through Fly and PokeCenters. The Phone Call feature is convenient, but not necessary to beat the game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, thank you anyway! Unfourtlently I do not have access to RPG Maker X, so i guess no pokegear for me!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    Hi Jttyzzle, Alchemist is my favourite fan game, up there just in front of Empyrean, you did a great job. I have a question about the post-game, there was some bug in the battle frontier, I think it was the tower, where I finished a match and saw that all my items on my team had completely disappeared. Is there any way I can get my items back? I can download RPG maker, if you could give me any tips I'd be very grateful. If you don't have time, no worries, I'll just have to get creative for the world tournament.

Once again, amazing game, feels like an official release.

edit: hey don't worry about the items, i figured it out through rpg maker, copied the items and got them all again. thanks

Last edited:

Jttyzzle

Years
  • Hi Jttyzzle, Alchemist is my favourite fan game, up there just in front of Empyrean, you did a great job. I have a question about the post-game, there was some bug in the battle frontier, I think it was the tower, where I finished a match and saw that all my items on my team had completely disappeared. Is there any way I can get my items back? I can download RPG maker, if you could give me any tips I'd be very grateful. If you don't have time, no worries, I'll just have to get creative for the world tournament.

Once again, amazing game, feels like an official release.

edit: hey don't worry about the items, i figured it out through rpg maker, copied the items and got them all again. thanks

I apologize for missing this post! I only really check Pokecomm once every week or two. I apologize for the error, and if you would like a gift apology Pokemon or if you have any further issues, send me a message on Discord!

Years
  • Hey, the roaming pokemon, is there an easy way to track them down after you beat the league and re-meet them, and with roaming will you meet the in the grass or see them located to just go up and approach them if they happen to roam the route you are at.

Also in the guide it doesnt mention where to encounter Entei to trigger his roaming, for Raikou and Suicuine yes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    wheres the exp share in this game? its so hard to grind up in this game with low lvl mons

Jttyzzle

Years
  • wheres the exp share in this game? its so hard to grind up in this game with low lvl mons

You can find the EXP Share in Treetrunk Town. Please refer to the wiki for information like this.

Hey, the roaming pokemon, is there an easy way to track them down after you beat the league and re-meet them, and with roaming will you meet the in the grass or see them located to just go up and approach them if they happen to roam the route you are at.

Also in the guide it doesnt mention where to encounter Entei to trigger his roaming, for Raikou and Suicuine yes.

Entei can be found on Route 2. I don't believe there's a way to check roaming Pokemon but look at the Pokegear and Dex. That being said, Pokemon roam extremely small areas. For example: Entei will roam the starting island. Suicune roams the 'cold' areas in and around Icepick Mt., and Raikou roams the southern area of the region. (Around the Power Plant)

Back