• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Should I buff defenses to compensate for no EVs? (See post on page 4)

• Total voters

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
  • Yet another update today- I got to Fantina in my playtest and she stomped me so hard, so many times, that I figured she had to be toned down at least a bit.

So her levels were reduced by 1(and Barry's Hearthome team by 2, so he falls closer in line with her), and some of her Pokemon's most unfair moves were removed.

This hack is supposed to be hard, but it's also supposed to have a difficulty curve, not a difficulty mountain range.

I also fixed a small bug with Miror B's dialogue, where his greeting would advance without player input.
    Edit- Another tiny little tweak. I think Gardenia's team was a fair bit too much, so I replaced her Torkoal's Flame Wheel with Fire Spin. Not really enough for a whole new version.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
  • Yet another update today- b1.2.6! It's good people are reporting bugs, but I think I need to take a break for a while.
    Corrected an oversight where Hurricane, Parabolic Charge, and Gem Flash did not have their double battle targeting behavior set correctly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    I read the FAQ, and saw what you said about Patching, but for some reason, I can't get my patched ROM to work on my Android. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, do you have a discord server for this?

Lithobraker

Years
  • I read the FAQ, and saw what you said about Patching, but for some reason, I can't get my patched ROM to work on my Android. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, do you have a discord server for this?

I can't really test how the game works on mobile, so I don't think I can help you there.
    As for a Discord server, I don't really have the time to manage one. If I did that, I'd have less time for doing my own thing and actually developing the hack.
    If someone else wants to make one though, feel free- I'd join it.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh man, miror b? that alone is enough to intrigue me, always loved seeing orre's own lord of disco in fan games/rom hacks

Lithobraker

Years
  • oh man, miror b? that alone is enough to intrigue me, always loved seeing orre's own lord of disco in fan games/rom hacks

I'm glad you think so! The Miror B battle is one I've had in my head as a concept for a while, but I didn't know a thing about scripting, and thought I couldn't make sprites for him.
    I think it turned out okay- even if the event had a few bugs starting out.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Updated to b1.2.7, which tweaks Fantina and Barry's Hearthome battle further. Rather than messing with the level curve from Renegade Platinum, I've reverted both their teams to vanilla levels and tweaked their moves/items instead. I think Fantina's team is in a good spot now.

I also tweaked the Saturn/Backlot battle. I don't know why I gave Saturn more than 3 pokemon, seeing as him combined with Backlot makes a 6-Pokemon boss team.

So I restored their levels too, and tweaked their moves/items.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Small update- b1.2.8, which fixes the item prices not being as intended, and a small oversight with Lucian's text outside of Solaceon Ruins.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Released update b1.2.9. I got to Maylene in my playtest, so she's been tweaked a bit- her ridiculous Typhlosion has been toned down a fair bit.

I've also gone through and removed all the items used by enemy Trainers. It's just frustrating to nearly win, only to be shut down because your opponent gets access to four Full Restores for some reason.

Lithobraker

Years
  • I just put out update b1.3.0, which standardizes most 90%-95% accuracy moves, including ones from newer generations and entirely new moves, to 100% accuracy.

These moves sit at the very edge of a strange risk-reward design philosophy, where the risk is so minor that the only time they'll ever seem to miss is when you absolutely need them to hit.

Considering most of them are weaker, relatively exclusive, have other downsides (Overheat/Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor), or are only powerful with Technician, I think they can get away with having 100% accuracy.

Plus, there were a few here that were among only a few other options for STAB in that class (eg. Air Slash for special Flying type moves, or Icicle Crash for physical Ice type moves).

Having your only good option be 90%-95% accurate isn't very fun.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Released b1.3.1, which corrects a minor oversight in the text of the NPCs who give you the Electirizer and Magmarizer, and buffs Magmortar.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Updated to b1.3.2, which changes text and tweaks Sinnohan Roserade's level-up moves a bit.

Do you think I'm updating too often? I'm not really sure how to do this. Maybe I should wait for a while longer and gather up a bunch of changes to put into each update instead.

I think, starting now, I'm going to keep the updates limited to one, maybe two, per day- unless I discover a major bug that needs patching ASAP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2022
    I definitely wouldnt update that often. Even once or twice a day is too often unless something needs hotfixing badly. Gather for a week and then do an update. If you don't want to do that, gather til you're satisfied with the amount of changes and push a release once you're okay with the amount of content in your new version.

Lithobraker

Years
  • I definitely wouldnt update that often. Even once or twice a day is too often unless something needs hotfixing badly. Gather for a week and then do an update. If you don't want to do that, gather til you're satisfied with the amount of changes and push a release once you're okay with the amount of content in your new version.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about a full week- but I'll definitely let things sit for a lot longer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Please sit on things for a bit. I've went through 4-5 updates in the first day of playing. A bit annoying of course there's patching over and over again, but also the docs. Closing out the ones from the previous version and then open up the new ones.

Also, a bit of a request. Could you make the Sinnohan forms have higher encounter rates? I find that the average is like 10%, and a bunch of them have lower rates. Aipom's a Honey Tree encounter in one of the routes, 30% but it felt like I was getting Vigoroths more than Aipom. I got tired of searching for a bunch of them (this includes using a Synchronizer and finding good IVs and abilities). Slowed the playthrough quite a bit, kind of a perfectionist in that respect.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Please sit on things for a bit. I've went through 4-5 updates in the first day of playing. A bit annoying of course there's patching over and over again, but also the docs. Closing out the ones from the previous version and then open up the new ones.

Also, a bit of a request. Could you make the Sinnohan forms have higher encounter rates? I find that the average is like 10%, and a bunch of them have lower rates. Aipom's a Honey Tree encounter in one of the routes, 30% but it felt like I was getting Vigoroths more than Aipom. I got tired of searching for a bunch of them (this includes using a Synchronizer and finding good IVs and abilities). Slowed the playthrough quite a bit, kind of a perfectionist in that respect.

Okay, I'll have a look at the encounter rates, and I'll definitely slow down the updates.
    I was kind of just updating like that without really thinking about it. I started to notice when I'd gone from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 in just a couple days...
    Might push one last update later tonight and let that sit for a bit. I could probably do a few gyms tomorrow and get through a bunch of content, so the update after will be more substantial.

Lithobraker

Years
  • The trick with encounter rates is that, in Generation 4, every area uses a specific set of slots- you get two 20% slots, four 10% slots, two 5% slots, two 4% slots, and two 1% slots.
    So I don't have fine control over how often certain Pokemon will appear- and that means that, if I make a particular Sinnohan Form more common in a certain area, something else has to become much rarer.
    I'm guessing that people will generally want to see the Sinnohan Forms more often than normal Pokemon, though. So I'll keep that in mind.
    Edit- Also, the honey tree encounters are scripted now, instead of working the way they used to- so they're kind of a pain to edit. I can't really help with that situation- they ARE a 30% encounter rate. You just get unlucky sometimes.

Last edited:
    Back