• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 49 6.8%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 116 16.1%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 49 6.8%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 88 12.2%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 146 20.3%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 41 5.7%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 66 9.2%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 142 19.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    It just freezes at an earlier point on that floor. Like where the nurse is, if I go past her, the game freezes.

Using the walkthrough walls cheat to exit, I tried to heal in Lunar Plateau and the game crashed again. I did it with all cheats disabled, still crashes. The screen goes crazy after healing..

I healed elsewhere and destroyed the Pokemon League. Easy. I was overleveled, but still easy. Didn't help that the Champion for example basically begged me to use setup moves because his offensive moves were garbage.

Also could you at least have some kind of documentation, info on the Fakemon? I know I could just level them up, check to see if any stone works on certain ones and determine how some of them evolve, but I'm not about that time commitment. Quite frankly the bugs I've encountered have dampened my mostly positive experience of the hack. Also I feel no matter what my choice is at the end of the Pokemon League, the same thing will happen. I'm going to test both endings to see if that's true. If it is, I'm leaving this hack on a sour note, not to play it again. Sorry for the harsher tone, I'm just annoyed at this point.

The game freezes when I try to use fly. This started to happen after flying to Clock Isle from outside Quasar Cavern. Screen goes black. Also, buggy dialogue when talking to Caleb after giving him the Sapphire. Yeah I want to be done with this hack.

No worries, I didn't expect there to be so many bugs in the later half, though that's the part of the game I haven't tested nearly as much. Choice doesn't matter all that much first time through, but second time through it does.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    No worries, I didn't expect there to be so many bugs in the later half, though that's the part of the game I haven't tested nearly as much. Choice doesn't matter all that much first time through, but second time through it does.

Everything but the victory road stuff has been fixed. Might just have to redo that entire floor of victory road on a completely separate map, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do. I do really appreciate the feedback. Trust me, I'm probably the one who wants to be done with this hack the most out of anyone here.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    It just freezes at an earlier point on that floor. Like where the nurse is, if I go past her, the game freezes.

Using the walkthrough walls cheat to exit, I tried to heal in Lunar Plateau and the game crashed again. I did it with all cheats disabled, still crashes. The screen goes crazy after healing..

I healed elsewhere and destroyed the Pokemon League. Easy. I was overleveled, but still easy. Didn't help that the Champion for example basically begged me to use setup moves because his offensive moves were garbage.

Also could you at least have some kind of documentation, info on the Fakemon? I know I could just level them up, check to see if any stone works on certain ones and determine how some of them evolve, but I'm not about that time commitment. Quite frankly the bugs I've encountered have dampened my mostly positive experience of the hack. Also I feel no matter what my choice is at the end of the Pokemon League, the same thing will happen. I'm going to test both endings to see if that's true. If it is, I'm leaving this hack on a sour note, not to play it again. Sorry for the harsher tone, I'm just annoyed at this point.

The game freezes when I try to use fly. This started to happen after flying to Clock Isle from outside Quasar Cavern. Screen goes black. Also, buggy dialogue when talking to Caleb after giving him the Sapphire. Yeah I want to be done with this hack.

1.0.2 is up that should fix up all those game-breaking bugs. Thanks again for bringing these to my attention

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    1.0.2 is up that should fix up all those game-breaking bugs. Thanks again for bringing these to my attention

Thanks for the update.

Not to be completely negative, I did enjoy the story for the most part, and some of the map edits are pretty good. Port Aurora is the best one specifically. Here was my team.

Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Barring the bugs, it's a good hack

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Finished playing the hack myself... Post game was pretty buggy (looks like most of the ones were already mentioned and fixed). My team of 6 were at level 75+ so I was overlevelled as well. I think with some improvements (I just play and don't bother writing down what could be improved) and more bug fixes this game would really be good. Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Finished playing the hack myself... Post game was pretty buggy (looks like most of the ones were already mentioned and fixed). My team of 6 were at level 75+ so I was overlevelled as well. I think with some improvements (I just play and don't bother writing down what could be improved) and more bug fixes this game would really be good. Keep up the good work.

75+ by the first elite four encounter? Looks like I really underestimated the player's levels, thanks for the feedback. Here I was worried I set the levels too high. Might increase the later gym leaders levels up by 5-10, along with the elite four to better balance it out. Make them work better as boss battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I did a lot of grinding, I would leave the first E4 encounter at the current levels, maybe the rematches higher (I didn't do any rematches). That way you don't discourage any new casual players.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Where can I find a pokedex on this? I'm the type to preconfigure my teams before going in.

In any case, liking the shiny mechanic! Never seen anything like it and it really does make me think of the relative value of shiny pokemon now, as you intended. Nevertheless, it allows traditionally unlucky people like me to get differently colored pokemon! Good job on this. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I did a lot of grinding, I would leave the first E4 encounter at the current levels, maybe the rematches higher (I didn't do any rematches). That way you don't discourage any new casual players.

Oh ok, it's definitely good to see everyone's point of view on these sorts of things. I still feel like the boss battles should be buffed up a bit. I know that not everyone grinds, but also just stomping through the entire game with an overleveled team defeats the purpose of any sort of challenge. There's got to be some sort of balance between these two playstyles

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Where can I find a pokedex on this? I'm the type to preconfigure my teams before going in.

In any case, liking the shiny mechanic! Never seen anything like it and it really does make me think of the relative value of shiny pokemon now, as you intended. Nevertheless, it allows traditionally unlucky people like me to get differently colored pokemon! Good job on this. :)

Glad you liked that part of the game! Once you figure out the mechanic, the way you go about playing the game sorta changes, which is exactly what I was going for. There isn't a pokedex out as of now, though I did try to program the battles so that you encounter at least 1 member of each evolutionary family if you end up battling everyone, and then figuring it out from there. I'll type out a dex real quick and upload it here though, definitely sounds like useful information.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024

I just added a Pokedex section on my post, hope it helps!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    Nice work on this hack, though I'm stuck on getting into Stellar City. The guards at both entrances are not letting me through and I have no clue what to do next...

.uo

Years
  • Nice work on this hack, though I'm stuck on getting into Stellar City. The guards at both entrances are not letting me through and I have no clue what to do next...

Same as in original game. Only here you ain't gettin' Tea, you'll be gettin' Fake ID Card.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Thanks so much!

To update, I've just arrived on Nebula road and my five pokemon are barely fighting back against the trainers. (Had to use a max revive, of all things) I have a sylveon, venusaur, heracross, miltank, and metang. I'm still looking for other pokemon since I've already used heracross and miltank before it's just that they've been proven reliable in the past. The pokedex should help me out see where my options are in team composition.

I haven't experienced any bugs so far but I've seen that you've updated the game in some way, is there a way to patch this version I already have without losing my progress? I used multipatch for the mac, if that bit of information is helpful. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Thanks so much!

To update, I've just arrived on Nebula road and my five pokemon are barely fighting back against the trainers. (Had to use a max revive, of all things) I have a sylveon, venusaur, heracross, miltank, and metang. I'm still looking for other pokemon since I've already used heracross and miltank before it's just that they've been proven reliable in the past. The pokedex should help me out see where my options are in team composition.

I haven't experienced any bugs so far but I've seen that you've updated the game in some way, is there a way to patch this version I already have without losing my progress? I used multipatch for the mac, if that bit of information is helpful. :)

Just replace the old .gba file with the newly patched .gba file. Your save should be unaffected. Additionally, I suggest saving somewhere unaffected by the update, so avoid the pokemon league entrance, triunfo road, or any place with rock smashable rocks

pikachubuneary

Aoi-chan/Cabziiechuu
    Years
  • I've been enjoying your hack so far. It's really well made! I've got a question tho. Where can i find a larvitar? I've been looking for one for a while. I tried to retrace my steps because the dex location shows the old Kanto map. It says that it can be found on Kanto route 12-13. Been saving a stardust for a guaranteed shiny lol

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I've been enjoying your hack so far. It's really well made! I've got a question tho. Where can i find a larvitar? I've been looking for one for a while. I tried to retrace my steps because the dex location shows the old Kanto map. It says that it can be found on Kanto route 12-13. Been saving a stardust for a guaranteed shiny lol

Thanks! Look around Mt. Ande, on the entrance next to Andromeda City. Low spawn rate, probably 5%, but it's there. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Replace it? So like, go through the normal motions of downloading the most recent file on here and just setting it up on multipatch? Sorry, not the most knowledgable on here HAHA

Back