• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Hououin Kyouma

Epic Ringo Face
Years
  • Guys I Dont know what has happened to metapod why dont we try to continue this hack? What do you say guys?

Well I feel as though this has happened before where Metapod took a long break from the hack. It is his project after all so I feel we should have him decide the direction of the hack.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    I will wait for next beta .But no problem u can edit and make own stuff to it .

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2016
    Guys I Dont know what has happened to metapod why dont we try to continue this hack? What do you say guys?

I also said this multiple times, why can't someone continue this hack?
    Metapod doesnt own ash gray, he edited firered so someone else can and should be able to edit ash gray. Like the pikachu follow script. I think the game would never be perfect if no one cant get that in.

The script is there somewhere, to bad I dont know how to script.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey Metapod, there is a problem I touched on a while back that I dunno if its been fixed or not for the next version. When I played, and started using TMs, the TMs are supposed to be reusable now but after I played a bit after using them, the TMs started vanishing as if they weren't reusable. This has forced me to stop playing because move variety is crucial to many of us and I dunno if my situation was an isolated incident or not, and I hope that this is fixed or being fixed as we speak.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2016
    If this game can get that follow me script in it and finish the orange island, man what a game it would be. Metapod can work a deal out with nintendo and start selling it haha

I hope some scripter tries to edit ash gray and get that follow me script. I would pay money to have that in!

See http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360846&page=5
    and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316403&page=10

Maybe some programmers can get it in the game based on what those guys are doing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    please help me... after losing to cissy i cant rematch her.. please or i cant play anymore :( ;-;

Years
  • Hey, @metapod23, are you there?

I am working on an orchestral remix of the title theme. It is found in the anime, but I am basing it off of the version in Super Smash Bros Melee (youtu . be / gxIQWdPhmk0), can't post links just yet. Soon, I will, but not juust yet.

The problem is that I am not 100% sure how to put it in the right format, mainly because I am most comfortable using GarageBand. I have the sound font, I just have never found a free or preinstalled editor that I like besides GB.

Are any of you interested? It is far from ready, but before I go further, I want to see if there is any interest.

Years
  • Just seen on same comments that it is the end sadly, hope there will be another update as Ash Grey and Red Chapter are mi very favourite hack games ever totally amazing

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just seen on same comments that it is the end sadly, hope there will be another update as Ash Grey and Red Chapter are mi very favourite hack games ever totally amazing

Adventure red has been confirmed to be cancelled, and I'm pretty sure this hack is dead

Years
  • Long story short, most hacks will die, mainly because it is a lot of wasted effort (for the most part). Not to mention, when the community that wants the hack remains unsatisfied, it doesn't exactly come off as uplifting.

That's why when I look for hacks, I only have 2 requirements:

1) All Pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 6 available (Gen 7 if possible) [correctly added, mind you]
    2) In a somewhat decent English.

Otherwise, couldn't care much about everything else. I just figure these are the best options for generic Nuzlocking runs and so forth.

Back