• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hmm the reusable TMs is a great addition. Nice thinking. That ulimately helps rectify some small issues with Pikachu lacking move versatility, thanks for letting us know.

Years
  • Hey there. This is my first post.
    First of all, thanks Metapod23 for making such an awesome game.

I have a few questions.
    I've come to the point that i have to go to the Orange Islands, but the river is closed at route 1. So my gues is that i have played an old beta.
    I've put the game on an SD card and put it in a GBA Super card so i could play it on a real GBA.
    Is there any chance I could download the 4,2 beta and still keep my safe file?

Are you still working on new beta's for this game?

Years
  • Hey there. This is my first post.

I have a few questions.
    I've come to the point that i have to go to the Orange Islands, but the river is closed at route 1. So my gues is that i have played an old beta.
    I've put the game on an SD card and put it in a GBA Super card so i could play it on a real GBA.

Yep He is still working.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    XD Isn't Ash's Pikachu SUPPOSED to be overpowered though?

True that, but I figured what's there is good enough. Besides that I only brought it up since up till now the game lacked the 4th gen phys/special split feature not to mention the Light Ball only works for Pikachu's special attack stat still. Considerig that point was why I asked about surf since Pikachu only has electrical moves as special attacks using the original 1st-3rd gen phys/special classification. And we don't know if the game will be packing the 4th gen phys/special split once the new beta is released.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hey there. This is my first post.

I have a few questions.

Wait, it's possible to play this on a real GBA/GBA SP/DS/DS Lite? I need to learn how to do this! Also, is the download file for Windows, Mac or it doesn't really matter? 'Cause I'm on a Macbook here...

Years
  • Wait, it's possible to play this on a real GBA/GBA SP/DS/DS Lite? I need to learn how to do this! Also, is the download file for Windows, Mac or it doesn't really matter? 'Cause I'm on a Macbook here...

Normally its played using a computer program called VisuableBoyAdvance. I think its also availible for mac.
    But yes, it is possible to play it on a real GBA. And there is no better thing in the world then that. But it isnt easy.

If you type this in youtube: "TUTORIAL on how to put games on a Supercard Mini-SD GBA." (i use a normal SD card instead of a micro SD)
    Then you know what you need.

It doenst work with every game. I haven't been able to play Pokemon Shiny Gold yet for example.
    And its not easy to get a GBA super SD card. But in the end it was worth the trouble for me :p

Also, you need to safe your files different then normal. You need to pres L+R+Select+B on the same time.
    If you try to safe games the normal way, it will freeze.

Good luck.

Last edited:

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
    Years
  • Haven't played this hack in a while but i remember I had to stop playing since after the Pokemon League there was a glitch or something to where i couldn't progress any further. Is everyone able to complete the story?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    I couldn't help but notice that their is a new item in the 1st page, the Whirlpuller? are we to expect to see this in the future update? whirlpools?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    True that, but I figured what's there is good enough. Besides that I only brought it up since up till now the game lacked the 4th gen phys/special split feature not to mention the Light Ball only works for Pikachu's special attack stat still. Considerig that point was why I asked about surf since Pikachu only has electrical moves as special attacks using the original 1st-3rd gen phys/special classification. And we don't know if the game will be packing the 4th gen phys/special split once the new beta is released.

Since you asked for it, I was able to apply the updated Light Ball effect and the physical/special split to the next beta. :15:

I couldn't help but notice that their is a new item in the 1st page, the Whirlpuller? are we to expect to see this in the future update? whirlpools?

Yes, there will be a section that is blocked off by whirlpools that you will need this device to pass. It will be received after the third gym.

As for a general update, I've finished the movie event to my satisfaction and updated a few maps to look nicer and to correspond with the new Town Map I've inserted for Kanto and the Orange Islands. I'm currently beta testing through the entire game once more to try to get it as glitch-free as possible for the next release.

Years
  • Hey The Facebook Page is Not there,Did You Remove it ?
    and Can Snorlax Learn Any Ghost(Physical) Moves In Next Beta
    and Good Luck.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Ah, I didn't know the engine included that feature.

Also... Does 4.2 now have new episodes including the Power of One Movie? I scrolled through the page again to check for any updates and noticed a series of new episodes had been crossed out that were not before, even though a new update has not been released.

Those are the episodes I've completed for the next beta. They will be in beta 4.5 but aren't available yet as I'm still playing through the game to test it and fix glitches.

Back