• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aureolin

Which design for the Dusk Admin do you prefer the most? [Refer to the first post for designs.]

• Design A

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design B

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Design C

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Design D

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Design E

• Design F

• Design G

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design H

• Design I

• Design J

• Design K

• Design L

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I cannot believe that I overlooked this >.< It looks so awesome!! I love the fact that you have all of the Eeveelutions in the game. I also looked at the previous pages, and I've got to say, the tiles and mapping look awesome :D. As for the day/night system, I wouldn't mind either way. But if you don't plan on putting it in, can you tell us the times at which it is morning and night? Anyways, I'll be lurking at this thread now. Good luck!

I was thinking if I don't put day & night in time would be absent completely. :p Truthfully though I'm kinda waiting for the D&N system that will be available with ShinyQuagsire's mapping tool, so nothing's been implemented yet. Thanks for the support and compliments! :D

Just inserted the Diancie sprites and stuff. :) Had to reduce the palette a bit though.

d6TpIaa.png

Just ignore the lvl and gender. :p

Last edited:
Years
I was thinking if I don't put day & night in time would be absent completely. :p Truthfully though I'm kinda waiting for the D&N system that will be available with ShinyQuagsire's mapping tool, so nothing's been implemented yet. Thanks for the support and compliments! :D

Just inserted the Diancie sprites and stuff. :) Had to reduce the palette a bit though.

d6TpIaa.png

Just ignore the lvl and gender. :p

That sprite looks awesome :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
That sprite looks awesome :)

Thanks! :D

Important News!

Because I really want to give you guys a taste of the game, I've decided I want to release an Alpha in the coming days. Due to restarting the hack relatively recently there won't be too much to it however, but I really want to pay you guys back for all of the support you've given me. :) I'm gonna work hard to try and ensure I can actually meet this deadline, but stuff happens so don't be too disappointed if it takes a bit longer than expected.

As for the length, I'm thinking just one gym and a bit.But the first full beta will be at least 3 Gyms and I'll probably try and stick in a few side events too. :-)

In other news, I've uploaded a google docs spreadsheet of the (planned) Ekkul dex. It's pretty finalised but that doesn't mean I can't add/remove a few Pokemon if necessary.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XnM4CX66WtZEltuoYKoKVmp43VoXsyhOfIi9V7Gk024/edit?usp=sharing

New Abandoned Manor tiles. :) Really it's just the Pokemon Mansion's tiles recoloured with new wall graphics, but it works so why not? ^.^
vlkIjJz.png
I've also inserted the male hero's OW sprites and revamped the screenshots section in the first post so they're all up to date, :)

Last edited:

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Thanks! :D

Important News!

Because I really want to give you guys a taste of the game, I've decided I want to release an Alpha in the coming days. Due to restarting the hack relatively recently there won't be too much to it however, but I really want to pay you guys back for all of the support you've given me. :) I'm gonna work hard to try and ensure I can actually meet this deadline, but stuff happens so don't be too disappointed if it takes a bit longer than expected.

As for the length, I'm thinking just one gym and a bit.But the first full beta will be at least 3 Gyms and I'll probably try and stick in a few side events too. :-)

In other news, I've uploaded a google docs spreadsheet of the (planned) Ekkul dex. It's pretty finalised but that doesn't mean I can't add/remove a few Pokemon if necessary.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XnM4CX66WtZEltuoYKoKVmp43VoXsyhOfIi9V7Gk024/edit?usp=sharing

New Abandoned Manor tiles. :) Really it's just the Pokemon Mansion's tiles recoloured with new wall graphics, but it works so why not? ^.^
vlkIjJz.png
I've also inserted the male hero's OW sprites and revamped the screenshots section in the first post so they're all up to date, :)

Take your time and make the game great. Id rather you release a shrot but amazing beta as opposed to a buggy alpha.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Take your time and make the game great. Id rather you release a shrot but amazing beta as opposed to a buggy alpha.

Hehe, thanks but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm trying to eliminate all of the big bugs, and progress is going pretty great since most of the stuff is portable from the old version! :D There's only a few big scripts I need to make for the alpha really. ;3

Speakingggg of which, my aim is to end the alpha at Frostberg Cavern (a icy cave after the 1st Gym) oooor in the city with the 2nd Gym, depending on how much time I have. Big events in the city with the 2nd Gym won't be available in the beta, nor will the Gym itself. It'll pretty much be a 1/2 beta tbh, since I'm not just gonna give you two maps but not enough content for a full beta. To put it into perspective, my aim for the first, real beta is after the 3rd Gym anyway so yeah.

Just reworking some of the snow tiles at the moment. The snowtiles were part of the global outdoor tileset before but due to how I#m handling trees now (they actually make sense and have shadows, woo!) I'm having to move them to a different tileset. It's not a problem though since only a few areas use the snow tileset anyway. :)

(Also there'll be Pikachu snowmen now so there's that too. :P)

Edit: Progress is going well- all the Pokemon that are in the Alpha are in now (including Gen IV, V and VI Pokemon) with new sprites, movesets etc. No sizes or habitats yet, but that's mostly because I'm lazy. :p Just got some scripting left to do and I'm pretty much done. :)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hey all! :)

I had a small problem where all the evolutions were messed up. They're fixed somewhat now (all the Pokemon in the Alpha should evolve correctly HOWEVER if you notice any problems I can fix them so it's all good).

Some teasers. :>

eN0XtS8.png

Phew! I thought you were suspicious for a moment. Thanks for reassuring me!

XQJ95hL.png

Also something worth pointing out before it gets mentioned- yeah the tree shadows are messed up. In the old version I only used one form of tree tile with no shadows, so all trees looked the same. Because of this, now that I've ported the maps over the tree shadows are all messed up since I now use a tree tile that has both a shadow and doesn't have a shadow. I'll fix it eventually, and it's just a slight graphical glitch. :-)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've been working hard to improve some of the older and lower quality sprites. Here's a revamp of the old rival sprite! :D
1i0FSeH.png
>
TYkymBr.png

And another~
E0sV1Pm.png
>
etvYuFv.png

Also, I have a question. The Alpha is approaching but it really has dawned on me that there wouldn't have to be much work put into it to get to where I want to for Beta 1 (a few routes, a cave and a city all of which I have the maps done for anyway.) So with that said, should I just scrap the alpha and do a beta or stick to alpha then beta (although as I said there wouldn't be much added onto it.) Thoughts?

For some clarity, here's what you won't get in the alpha but you will get in the beta:
* Eeveelutions (alpha ends shortly before you would get them.
* Team Dusk event (you battle one of the admins etc.)
* 2nd Gym
* A return visit to an already visited cave (another area of that cave)
* Some evolution items (Dawn Stones etc. that would be in the first Beta but NOT the alpha)
* A few routes
* City with the 3rd Gym
* Some other little events here & there (and a little surprise too!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hi
I think beta is better
You can work longer on the hack
Players can have good features you said for beta 1
You can play longer and have more fun
Alpha is short and don't have enough features added
It's not fun play great game for short while :)
Hope this helps ;)
~Mydrago

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hi
I think beta is better
You can work longer on the hack
Players can have good features you said for beta 1
You can play longer and have more fun
Alpha is short and don't have enough features added
It's not fun play great game for short while :)
Hope this helps ;)
~Mydrago

Thanks for the input, I think that's what I'll do! :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
this looks really cool. please come back to work on it. 7 years work into this seem like a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back