• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Looks more or less like a waiter to me LOL But I think the animes made him some sorta presenter or co-ordinator!

He's a "Sommelier" whatever the hell that means

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • He's a "Sommelier" whatever the hell that means
    it was said that means he is a waiter on pokebeach

Edit: From Pokebeach: The TV Tokyo website also posted biographies of the characters. For Iris, they say, "Her specialty is tree climbing, she makes good use of berries for herself, and she is a girl with very wild behavior. For some reason, she is traveling with the Dragon-type Pokemon, Kibago." For Dento, the new male, they say he is "A Pokemon Sommelier (waiter) who is a source of abundant knowledge and experience, diagnoses the compatibility between Trainer and Pokemon, and gives advice on how to befriend. Is this really, in fact, true?!" My theory based on the biographies: Iris replaces Dawn (obvious to anyone) and Dento replaces Brock or is just a rival in Pokemon Contests.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yeah, Wiki says a Sommelier is a "Wine Steward." lol. Uhmmm. Yeah. He cant be a waiter and travel ... ... Hmmmm

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I've seen some very interesting previews for the new series. I am really looking forward to see what the show will be like without Brock. I do agree that the writers seem to want to take the show in a different direction, and that's good. Can't wait for the new series!

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    This is so stupid, when will they stop shoving crappy characters in our faces and just bring back Misty?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've seen some very interesting previews for the new series. I am really looking forward to see what the show will be like without Brock. I do agree that the writers seem to want to take the show in a different direction, and that's good. Can't wait for the new series!

It was about time for Brock to leave. This direction I feel will not be regretted.

"A Pokemon Sommelier (waiter)

I know what Waiter is, but what the hell would be a Pokemon Waiter? Or is Sommelier really Wine steward? I'm lost. Don't worry though, my caring will decrease D:

This is so stupid, when will they stop shoving crappy characters in our faces and just bring back Misty?

Side effects of Mistyrama include trolling, wandering out of fanclubs, and the desire to be shot by an AK-47 (See signature), and persist until victim is 40 years old~.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I know what Waiter is, but what the hell would be a Pokemon Waiter? Or is Sommelier really Wine steward? I'm lost. Don't worry though, my caring will decrease D:

Its just a poor treanslation. either way he has something to do with food. How they can make that work without looking incredibly stupid, well, I'll never know.

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • Its just a poor treanslation. either way he has something to do with food. How they can make that work without looking incredibly stupid, well, I'll never know.
    Translation.

I really hope they revist that aspect in the character. It doesn't really seem necessary. What is he going to do? Travel the region serving people.

I hope it's not a definite thing. Other than that, I like him.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Translation.

I really hope they revist that aspect in the character. It doesn't really seem necessary. What is he going to do? Travel the region serving people.

I hope it's not a definite thing. Other than that, I like him.

Yes, translation. My spell Check is broke.

Maybe.

Look at his costume, I doubt it.

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • Yes, translation. My spell Check is broke.

Maybe.

Look at his costume, I doubt it.

Miracles can happen. :D
    I'm hoping he's a coordinator since we haven't had a male lead coordinator. Would be a nice change.

Is there definite confirmation as to his role in the upcoming season?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A Sommelier is a waiter who specializes in the knowledge of the many different aspects of wine. Taking that into perspective, a Pokémon Sommelier is probably a waiter (based on his clothes) who specializes in the knowledge of the many different Pokémon. However, this does not mean it'll be Dento's long term goal. Brock started off as a region's gym leader, but later changed his goal to becoming a Pokémon Breeder. As did May, who started her journey off to becoming a Pokémon Trainer like Ash, but changed goals when she learned about Pokémon Contests. Dento could easily start off as a Pokémon Sommelier, but later change his goals to something else (i.e. a Pokémon Coordinator or a Pokémon Musician). He looks very much like the type of trainer who would take part in such events regardless.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    A Sommelier is a waiter who specializes in the knowledge of the many different aspects of wine. Taking that into perspective, a Pokémon Sommelier is probably a waiter (based on his clothes) who specializes in the knowledge of the many different Pokémon. However, this does not mean it'll be Dento's long term goal. Brock started off as a region's gym leader, but later changed his goal to becoming a Pokémon Breeder. As did May, who started her journey off to becoming a Pokémon Trainer like Ash, but changed goals when she learned about Pokémon Contests. Dento could easily start off as a Pokémon Sommelier, but later change his goals to something else (i.e. a Pokémon Coordinator or a Pokémon Musician). He looks very much like the type of trainer who would take part in such events regardless.

Well, everyone since Hoenn's done at least 1 contest, not counting Max, becuase he hasn't any Pokemon. I wonder if they'll cut contests, it'll be hard for them to do nand not look like idiots (the writers I mean).

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016

Its sad how you won't give new characters a chance. Misty wasn't even any thing special to begin with no offense. I look forward to these guys and I am a Dawn fan, see me not bashing characters just cuz there replacing one of my favorites >>

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Misty wasn't even any thing special to begin with no offense.
    She was. She was one of the reasons why original trio had the best dynamic, interactions, relations. And the anime never was boring with her. We could see real emotions between characters and lot of funny situations. But that all is just my opinion.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    She was. She was one of the reasons why original trio had the best dynamic, interactions, relations. And the anime never was boring with her. We could see real emotions between characters and lot of funny situations. But that all is just my opinion.

Hey that's great, I respect your opinion on that. I feel differently on the subject though, I loved all the series beyond series 1-4 and am still looking forward to this up coming one. Maybe its cuz I'm an Ash fan so, no matter who goes I'll be fine as long as he staysXD

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    are contests staying? I have a feeling that they are taking it out of the anime...

It is expected, that no, no they wont as they arent as Isshu. However, it is harder to get rid of an element, then it is to add one.

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Its sad how you won't give new characters a chance. Misty wasn't even any thing special to begin with no offense. I look forward to these guys and I am a Dawn fan, see me not bashing characters just cuz there replacing one of my favorites >>
    Misty had a lot more interactivity with the group. She made the anime funny and she had the most emotion out of all the girls. I swear dawn was a robot. No one wants contest those were stupid no one even likes them. They are just a waste of data.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back