• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So, Dento tells people how to be better partners to their Pokemon. He ... doesnt sound like a battler then. Think he'll actually get any development?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    So, Dento tells people how to be better partners to their Pokemon. He ... doesnt sound like a battler then. Think he'll actually get any development?

It's definitely possible. Seems to me like they are trying to change a lot this generation. With the absence of Brock they are free to change how the anime "works" and that could be a good thing or bad. Since they are adding at least one character not in the games that could mean they are wanting to go in-depth a little more into Ash's new friends.

It may just be a preview, but what I saw in the video was clearly different than what they have been doing before, to me at least. I can't really explain it but it feels different when I watch it.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It's definitely possible. Seems to me like they are trying to change a lot this generation. With the absence of Brock they are free to change how the anime "works" and that could be a good thing or bad. Since they are adding at least one character not in the games that could mean they are wanting to go in-depth a little more into Ash's new friends.

It may just be a preview, but what I saw in the video was clearly different than what they have been doing before, to me at least. I can't really explain it but it feels different when I watch it.

Yeah. It seems different so far, which sounds like a step in the right direction to me.

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • Wow, just by watching that Pokemon Sunday anime preview, it's excited more than I'd hoped. I really do believe this upcoming series will revitalise the series.

The girl seems really different from the previous females that have accompanied Ash before. I'm liking her. I don't have many comments on Dento but he seems nice.

Any idea if there's confirmation on the girls ethnicity? Not that it's really that important.

Years
  • Any idea if there's confirmation on the girls ethnicity? Not that it's really that important.
    I would say either African-Isshuian, Indian, maybe Latin. They're never going to confirm it, like you said, it doesn't even matter.

I'm not excited about anything here, In the end, I think it will just be the same as always, just a little bit better.

I absolutely hate Iris's hair, and Dento looks a bit... Fruity...

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • I would say either African-Isshuian, Indian, maybe Latin. They're never going to confirm it, like you said, it doesn't even matter.

I'm not excited about anything here, In the end, I think it will just be the same as always, just a little bit better.

I absolutely hate Iris's hair, and Dento looks a bit... Fruity...

I guess it's one of things that people can just assume. I'd assume mexican or indian but she does seem rather interesting.

lol Dento fruity. That made me chuckle. He rather reminds me of what James would've been like in his teens. XD.

I hope Team Rocket get some new attire. Although I doubt it'll happen but their clothing is getting tiresome.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    So... The leaked scan was true. Too bad for me. I hate Iris's design. I hate her eyes, her hairstyle and color are terrible. Dento looks like sleek fop. His eyes are weird either. Ehh, this series is gonna be bad for me.
    Maybe its time for you to do what I did a long time ago, quit watching the series. Don't focus on nor care about any new or upcoming episodes after the start of this one. I focus on the series as it existed before 2003 in Japan or 2004 in the US and don't regret it in the least.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe its time for you to do what I did a long time ago, quit watching the series. Don't focus on nor care about any new or upcoming episodes after the start of this one. I focus on the series as it existed before 2003 in Japan or 2004 in the US and don't regret it in the least.

So you're in this discussion because...?

Any idea if there's confirmation on the girls ethnicity? Not that it's really that important.

She has to be Mexican now. African Americans/Isshu/whatev aren't usually depicted as "Jungly" or anything like that in media. And Mexicans definitely have outdoor ability. She's Mexican, just like Ash.

Bay

Years
  • I'm actually pretty excited for the series. Looks like Iris will be a trainer and Dento will go for contests. Nice to see a female main character going the trainer route for a change. I like the designs of the two, although Dento's face seems a bit weird to me. XD Eh, don't care too much about designs, though. I care a bit more of their personality, so can't wait to see how they'll develop and such. I was excited about Professor Araragi when she was first introduced, so can't wait to see how she'll be like in the show.

I too noticed Ash hasn't been shown yet, however most likely he'll still be the main character in Best Wishes seeing there is beta art of him. Would be interesting though if him, Iris, and Dento traveled together. What I would like to see from that is perhaps both Ash and Iris getting badges and they'll probably get them at the same time, or maybe fight over who will go against the gym leader first. :P

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Iris huh? this is the 3rd time today ive seen an animal go into a ball of hair...like that one dude with the chocobo in his afro. lol

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    So you're in this discussion because...?

I could say the same to you, especially after being a hypocrite in relation to bashing the people who want Misty back even briefly yet obsessing on a new girl that no one knows anything about.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I already did. But I really had a hope that this time next saga will be enjoyable for me. Sadly I got disappointed. Maybe you're right. Maybe I should end with this.

Still hope for Misty cameo/return, still.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    After seeing these new Characters, I have to say I'm not that impressed, considering Nintendo said they wanted Pokemon to "mature" I thought they would have made Iris look older, but instead she's just Dawn with a tan and new hair, and Dento I dunno is he supposed to be Brock's replacement or something, either way i'm not too sure on him.

Seeing these makes me think one thing, thank god that Jessie, James and Meowth are still in the show, the TRio may have gone way down hill since Johto, but them and Brock where the only characters in the anime I have cared about at all since Hoenn started (I never liked Ash myself, Brock, Misty and the TRio where the reason I stuck with the show to begin with, after the Pokemon themselves of course, and May and Dawn where just dull), and it's nice to know that they are still there even if they are just shadows of there former selfs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    After seeing these new Characters, I have to say I'm not that impressed, considering Nintendo said they wanted Pokemon to "mature" I thought they would have made Iris look older, but instead she's just Dawn with a tan and new hair, and Dento I dunno is he supposed to be Brock's replacement or something, either way i'm not too sure on him.

But remember even if they said they wanted to "mature" the show it is still a kid's show. Anything they might have thought about changing wouldn't have been major.

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • Everyone has alot of opinions on the new series but I think we should all wait until it actually airs before we pass judgement on whether or not it would be good.

Judging by face value isn't exactly a sure thing since these characters could be totally different to how you would be reading them or even looking.

I honestly thought Dawn was going to be a horrible character but she wasn't that bad. My imagination went overtime.

I just hope you guys give the new series a try before you write it off as crap. imo.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018

Except, she isnt. She wont do Contests (unless Im mistaken). She's more like Sapphire from Special then anything. She has a freaking Dragon type afterall, how lame can she be?

EDIT: It alos appears as if we were wrong. Iris may be original, but Dento is in the games.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Am I the only one who likes Dento's design? Green. <3 I don't think he looks "gay" either. His role, I'm still not too sure about. I really hope he actually does something and doesn't end up like Brock, Tracey or Max. A Sommelier (?) doesn't seem like a major job. I will cry if he doesn't have any Pokémon or if he only has a few terrible ones.

I love the basic idea of Iris. She seems really unique which is great. Her hair really bugs me though. It's way too big, especially at the back. Other than that, I'm looking forward to this. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy Brock's gone. No matter how many times I watch it, his new voice makes me cringe.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • EDIT: It alos appears as if we were wrong. Iris may be original, but Dento is in the games.
    Iris was told to be an anime-based character, so I'm sure that confirms she won't be in the games like said. However, Dento was never mentionen, but was just thought to be anime-based since he wasn't currently apparent in the B&W games ... until now. :o

I'm curious to what his role would be in the games, big or small seeing as he's in the anime, and if the anime is going to make him have the same team as he will in the games or make it differ like what they did to Barry later on.

One thing for sure though, his artwork for the games is slightly different than that of the anime, with the apron and all. n_n;

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Am I the only one who likes Dento's design? Green. <3 I don't think he looks "gay" either. His role, I'm still not too sure about. I really hope he actually does something and doesn't end up like Brock, Tracey or Max. A Sommelier (?) doesn't seem like a major job. I will cry if he doesn't have any Pokémon or if he only has a few terrible ones.

I love the basic idea of Iris. She seems really unique which is great. Her hair really bugs me though. It's way too big, especially at the back. Other than that, I'm looking forward to this. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy Brock's gone. No matter how many times I watch it, his new voice makes me cringe.

None of the main characters have weak Pokemon. NONE. Jessie and James' Pokemon are probably in the 90's but Pikachu is like levl 500. lol.

I never cared for the voiceacting one way or the other.

I'm curious to what his role would be in the games, big or small seeing as he's in the anime, and if the anime is going to make him have the same team as he will in the games or make it differ like what they did to Barry later on.

One thing for sure though, his artwork for the games is slightly different than that of the anime, with the apron and all. n_n;

He looks like a waiter, and Aloe looks like a cook ... May be they have something to do with eachother?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back