• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Beta Gold Version

Days
  • Hi! I'm here to show to you my first hack.

Pokémon Beta Gold version is a remake of the Pokémon GS demo from 1997
    It will be like super gold 97' and 97' reforged, but on the GBA!

The story is pretty similar to GSC, You are a boy/girl who's going to start his/her Pokémon adventure with his/her rival, obtaining all GYM leader badges, completing the Pokédex, and beating the Team Rocket

Some features about this game

- New Region (Nihon)
    - Improved graphics
    - All the beta Pokémon from the demo are in the game
    - New Story
    - This alpha recreates at 100% the original Spaceworld 97' demo
    - New music

SCREENSHOTS:

titulo-png.15374
    trainer-card-png.15375
    mapa-png.15376

mira-un-kurusu-png.15377
    battle-png.15378
    dialog-png.15379

CREDITS:
    - Zeo (Tileset)
    - LunaMaddalena (ho-oh sprite)
    - THE CRYSTALDUST TEAM (Some music)
    - POKEMON SHINY GOLD SIGMA (Zel+Alex) (Protagonist minisprites)
    - Zumi Daxuya (title theme)

I hope you enjoy this game, it was made with a lot of love and dedication
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/kat7...agold+Version+by+Ianetis+(Alpha+1.0).ups/file
    This patch must be used on Pokémon firered 1.0
    Have a nice day!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna test it now, but i'm sure its a very cool rom to play! gg
    When i open the menu i get this visual glitch in the bottom side:
    glitch.png

I'm using latest version of mGBA and i patched it correctly with the online patcher (with the checksum correct)

Last edited:
    Days
  • I'm gonna test it now, but i'm sure its a very cool rom to play! gg
    When i open the menu i get this visual glitch in the bottom side:
    glitch.png

I'm using latest version of mGBA and i patched it correctly with the online patcher (with the checksum correct)
    That's a bug that I don't know how to fix, if anyone knows something you can tell me that

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm struggling to understand why remakes started appearing on progressing hacks. This forum should be for new room hacks with new story and maps not remakes, remakes should be on Sideshow Showcase

Days
  • I'm struggling to understand why remakes started appearing on progressing hacks. This forum should be for new room hacks with new story and maps not remakes, remakes should be on Sideshow Showcase

It appears here because it isn't just a remake, all maps was made by scratch, remakes aren't an easy work

For example, I was 6 hours inserting the betamons

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I really dog the concept, I really enjoyed gold 97 and the reforged variant as well! I'll most definitely give this a spin when a lengthier demo comes out,

zombifiedsquid

I like talking about all the things you’re not sup
    Years
    • He/They/Demon
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    I just watched a video on Youtube of someone playing the demo. I was curious, I understand it may not be "cannon" to the Spaceworld 97 demo, but have you thought about adding the other cut Pokémon from gens 1 and 2 since the Pokedex is so much larger, especially if you're using the newer Fire Red engine? I know there are a good handful that have yet to see the light of day even in other rom hacks (if there are any that anyone knows about please let me know) and would love to see them "come to life" especially in the GBA graphics, I'd be willing to offer all the help I can to make this a reality. Thank you for helping "modernize" all this lost content. This rom hack looks really nice thus far, can't wait to see it continue to develop and evolve, do you have a discord I can join to follow along with updates? 😄

Days
  • I just watched a video on Youtube of someone playing the demo. I was curious, I understand it may not be "cannon" to the Spaceworld 97 demo, but have you thought about adding the other cut Pokémon from gens 1 and 2 since the Pokedex is so much larger, especially if you're using the newer Fire Red engine? I know there are a good handful that have yet to see the light of day even in other rom hacks (if there are any that anyone knows about please let me know) and would love to see them "come to life" especially in the GBA graphics, I'd be willing to offer all the help I can to make this a reality. Thank you for helping "modernize" all this lost content. This rom hack looks really nice thus far, can't wait to see it continue to develop and evolve, do you have a discord I can join to follow along with updates? 😄

I don't have a discord server, but if anyone wants to help me with graphics, music or something, you can DM me

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    This is awesome
    I'm actually working on my own interpretation of the beta for Essentials in FRLG style. I'm glad to see someone else who is doing this kinda thing
    Good luck, and maybe we could even help eachother, I can give ya some help if you need it. After all, having this kinda thing is always cool. Good luck on making it!

1713055398546.png

Back