• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Beyond DX

Celestial Mine

Pokémon Beyond DX developer
    Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials v. 17.2 (incorporates some bug fixes from later Essentials versions)
    Developer: Celestial Mine
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bvDMbtvsYk
    Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p1cz7x3dqkjxrf6/Pok%C3%A9mon_Beyond_DX_v.1.5.zip/file

On a planet far, far away, lies the galaxy's greatest mystery... a collection of hermetic tombs that seemingly defy all logic.
    10 Standard Years ago, the tombs began to open... Unbeknowst to the people of the Pangalactic Empire, the fate of the galaxy was about to change forever.

Trailer (with in-game footage): https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonRMX...on_beyond_dx_full_game_releasing_august_31st/
    Screenshots:
    Spoiler:
    ​​​
    Story
    Inspired by and originally an adaptation of the two first novels of the Hyperion Cantos series, though the final plot deviates quite a lot from the novels. Expect, however, many references to the Hyperion Cantos.

2856 AD. On Zelene, a recently colonized agricultural planet that is part of the powerful Pangalactic Empire, two 18-year-olds are set to begin their journey as Pokémon Trainers. However, tragedy strikes when a Senator is mysteriously murdered in the capital Alpha Centre, triggering a state of emergency.

Meanwhile, cracks are starting to appear within the Pangalactic Empire. Not all colonies are happy with their political status and the dominance of the Empire. Organized crime is starting to flourish, and Team Rocket is taking advantage of the situation to step up their operations, seemingly in pursuit an unclear end goal.

But that's not the Empire's only concern. On Archaeon, a far-flung underdeveloped planet, the mysterious Eternal Tombs have opened. The Eternal Tombs are famous for their reality-bending properties, and the scientific might of the Empire is trying their best to understand who built them and why. But this effort is proving increasingly dangerous, as the strange effects the Tombs have on their surroundings intensify...

A galactic crisis is looming on the horizon. Nothing is what it seems...

𐡌𐡍𐡀 𐡌𐡍𐡀 𐡕𐡒𐡋 𐡅𐡐𐡇𐡓𐡎𐡉𐡍

​Features!
    • 14 different planets to explore, varying in size from a single city to a small region, each with its own culture and history!
    • 13 different Pokédex to complete and over 400 Pokémon to catch!
    • A complex story with two main routes and multiple character arcs, with a morality system based on the player's decisions
    • A relationship system with your rival, based on player decisions
    • Custom EBS animations (more are added every update!)
    • A level cap system with three difficulty settings that the player can change at any time!
    • The best of every generation's mechanics! (see below)

Mechanics
    • Core mechanics are based on gen VI, the most balanced out of the "modern" generations. However, efforts have been made to reduce power creep and iron out some of the balance issues in the official games.
    • Only Pokémon, moves, abilities and items up to gen V are available. Exceptions are the moves Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Draining Kiss, Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes and Flower Shield, which are implemented to provide moves for the Fairy-type.
    • Related to the above, the Fairy-type is fully implemented and works as in the official games.
    • Base stat changes made in gen VI and onward are not implemented.
    • Hidden Abilities do not exist. Some Pokémon have had their Hidden Ability reassigned as a regular one. There are no Mega Evolutions, Z-moves, Dynamax or Terastallization.
    • A number of moves have had base power, accuracy and/or PP changes (often in line with past or future generations), in order to rebalance the game.
    • A Pokémon's critical hit chance depends on their base Speed, ranging from 3.91% for Shuckle to 8.3% for Deoxys-S (for reference, the chances are 6.25% in gens II-VI and 4.17% since). After two critical hit ratio boosts, the chance becomes 50% for all Pokémon, and after three boosts is 100%.
    • Paralysis halves a Pokémon's Speed. Burn damage is 6.25% of maximum health. A frozen Pokémon has a 25% chance of thawing each turn (up from 20%).
    • Turn order is recalculated every time a Pokémon makes a move, as in gen VIII and onwards.
    • Sunny weather thaws all Pokémon in the field at the end of the turn.
    • Hail works as in gen VI, but also boosts Ice-types' Defense by 50%.
    • Outrage / Thrash always confuse the user upon ending, even if they were interrupted by a protection move or a type immunity.
    • Gems give a one-time 40% power boost (up from 30% in gen VI+ but down from 50% in gen V).
    • Leppa Berry can only restore the PP of a given move once per battle, even if Recycled.
    • The gen VIII effects of Abilities in the overworld are implemented.

​IMPORTANT: Credits
    Please notify Celestial Mine immediately of any potential mistakes with the crediting. NOTE: The use of this resources does not imply an endorsement of this game by the resources' authors in any way.

Spoiler:

FAQ
    How many people are involved in this project? How long did it take to develop?
    This is a solo project, with Celestial Mine as the only developer. Some of my real-life friends provided input and even playtesting in some earlier versions, though their identites are protected for privacy reasons.

The original Pokémon Beyond began development in January 2021. This is a heavily remastered version updated for public release.

How long is this game?
    In a test run, I completed the Pokémon League in about 18h, plus 3-4 h of extra post-game content.

How "complete" is this game? What features are missing?
    This game is complete in the sense that all of its major features and all locations / story events are done. However, it's not listed as completed because it is essentially a beta, with potential unsolved technical issues and some minor aspects (e.g. battle animations) still needing some work. However, a full game run can already be finished.

Is this game hard?
    Compared to the official games, yes. Compared to many "hardcore" Pokémon fan games, Pokémon Beyond DX might seem a breeze.

Will this game be expanded further?
    No promises, but maybe. There are no plans for DLC-style updates, but the potential for expansion is there.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Some planned features for future updates:
    • A level cap system
    • Phasing out many of pokémon Reborn's animations for new, hand-coded custom EBS animations
    • Possibly a better battle UI, if I can implement it
    Currently in the works:
    • New attack animations for some moves
    • An official walkthrough guide

I see why a questlog is necessary - so far is merged with the Achievements which is not that good of an idea. I'm not super sure of how to implement this but I definitely should try to, because this is a flaw with the game right now.
    As for an in-game encounter chart, I don't really think it's too necessary, but I'll look into it if it becomes a commonly requested feature (side note: the official walkthrough will contain encounter charts for all locations).

i like the game so far would be nice to get more experience points to help level up abit quicker takes ages to level up thanks

v. 1.1 is out! The biggest change is the implementation of a level cap feature. This can be turned on or off at any point through the Options screen, with three settings:
    • Basic (default): essentially the only option available until now. Pokémon grow as usual but start disobeying when reaching a certain level. The cap is extremely generous, especially as the game progresses. Once you get the last Badge, there is no level cap.
    • Hard clip: Pokémon grow as usual but once they reach the level of the next Gym / Champion battle, they will stop gaining any experience at all. After beating the Champion for the first time, there will be no level cap anymore. Pokémon will never reach disobedience levels under this setting.
    • Soft clip: This is actually the hardest setting. Pokémon will slowly gain less and less experience as they approach the level of the next Gym / Champion battle, and on top of that they will stop gaining any experience at all once they reach the cap. This setting makes it hard to even be on par with the next boss battle.

i don't see how a psychic fly Pokémon can use gust to affect a dark Pokémon at all

Your idea of a scifi Pokemon game is amazing, but a misopportunity for me personally is not including any future paradox forms in a game that takes place in 2856 but I won't force you or anything though

Paradox Pokemon don't actually come from the future, though

they both do and dont, at least in the main series......... in the main series the term "paradox form" is used for both the past mons and the future ones, tho as for this game in particular? im not sure

Paradox Pokémon weren't even a thing until very, very late in this game's development. Keep in mind when I started working on this, PLA wasn't even announced yet, let alone any of the gen IX games.

the paradox pokemon as the name implies dont really make sense for the most part. Why would a animal or plant from the future become a robot? And given circumstances Walking Wake and Raging Bolt both make the least sense for any of the paradox forms because they were originally created by HO-OH as Suicune and Raikou. They logically can't have a prehistoric form that existed long ago.

v. 1.2 is out! The main new feature is the Pokédex's Habitat List, which provides the player with a list of Pokémon found in every area - a frequently requested QoL feature. Make sure you haven't saved your game in Longarden Town (house interiors) or Jiwe Cave (bottom floor) before updating.

v. 1.3 is out! This update features a number of very important bug fixes and new, highly requested QoL improvements, including a speed up button and faster experience gain.

This is gonna explode soon I can feel it! Glad I can say I am here before Voltsy or Sacred. This passion project really has great potential, I will post my review of this after. I love it when the story is the main focus ('cause I'm a nerd). Imo it's better to have the story laid out first rather than the other way around. Seems like a well-crafted world! Really looking forward to its 'final' form and DLCs.

Last edited:
    v. 1.4 is out! The biggest change is the implementation of rustling grass, dust clouds and rippling water (script by Boonzeet). Pokémon found in these phenomena have a quadruple chance of being shiny, a 10% chance of knowing a random egg move, and a x1.3 experience boost for knocking them out!

In addition, all wild encounters, terrain and environment properties, and roaming Pokémon were completely overhauled!

This is gonna explode soon I can feel it! Glad I can say I am here before Voltsy or Sacred. This passion project really has great potential, I will post my review of this after. I love it when the story is the main focus ('cause I'm a nerd). Imo it's better to have the story laid out first rather than the other way around. Seems like a well-crafted world! Really looking forward to its 'final' form and DLCs.
    Glad you enjoyed the game!

v. 1.5 is out! This update includes Vendily's mass outbreak script, with mass outbreaks ocurring on every route after completing the Pokémon League. This now leaves very few Pokémon as Wonder Trade-exclusive.

In addition, the Battle Tower has been overhauled and the AI improved further.

Back