• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Black & White: Rival Destinies

Rival Destinies - Like the name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    New from Serebii. New arc beginning February 18th. What do yo think of this name? And what do you expect from its episodes? (Those who don't watch the Japanese Anime). Who do you think we'll see? Any Pokemon you expect to be caught?

I think it's a good name, a but too good for what I expect will be mushy childish episodes -_-

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Hopefully Rival Destinies actually leads too more encounters of Trip, Bianca, Burgundy, and Georgia... Which watching the Subs isn't really promising thus far. As far as the captures and all that I will just leave that too speculating since I already know. And the name I love it.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Never saw that coming . Cool title nevertheless. So. ..thre won't be new episodes till 18 Feb :( ?
    Anyway, what I really want to speculate from this title is revelation of backgrounds of Ash's Rivals. Knowing more about Trip and maybe Bianca (like her game counterpart).
    I don't feel like I need more Pokemons to Ash's team so no comment on that...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Charicific did you watch the interview with John Loeffler? And yes it would appear that way.

I think expanding on Trip background is a must or should be at least more details on him. I mean we have seen flash backs with him meeting Alder, but that's pretty much it outside of the upcoming episode which doesn't show much either. Bianca though they give her a bit more progression, although for the good or bad that has yet to be seen.

I am just curious how long the run time of this will be. Since there is an 15 episode difference with where they are at now should be 17 gap by the Season Premier. My guess is this may run to the League due to the pacing of this Series. Then we get a post Unova main story arc that encompasses Season 16.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    To the name, I'm indifferent. Sounds a bit too cheesy for my taste, but can't complain.

I'm not too sure about expanding on Trip's background. There's not much you can really put more in there. He's got his inspiration to be a trainer, though I would like to know if there's something more to why he keeps taking pictures of everything. Maybe a giant scrapbook to show his kids or something.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    I wonder if the Japanese team told the dubbers how far they plan to do this so TPCI could order the amount of eps to call it a season. So maybe the league is in this season towards the end due to it being faster then Hoenn and Sinnoh

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    It's faster then every Series expect Kanto. I would assume coordination would go on between Pokemon Japan and TPCi.

And if they don't add anything to Trips back story at least they should spice the rivalry up a bit. Up till now their rivalry is pretty dull imo. If it's titled "Rival Destinies" then I want to see their journeys and actions intertwine a little more then they have up to now.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've already seen the interview Kenshin5 mentioned, so I'm not at too suprising. It is a bit of a strange title to use, as like many others have mentioned, we haven't seen a lot of the rivals in the episodes in japan that have aired so far.

I'm just glad it doesn't have to words; battle, Unova or league.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, the dub series name doesn't necessarily have much to do with what is happening: Johto League Champions (...where? This was season 4), Battle Dimension (...makes it sound like a different dimension), Sinnoh League Victors (people thinking that the name meant that Ash was going to win). Galectic Battles made it sound like, you know, the majority of episodes would focus on them, but of course they didn't. This title seems weirdly irrelevant to what is happening, though.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Yeah, the dub series name doesn't necessarily have much to do with what is happening: Johto League Champions (...where? This was season 4), Battle Dimension (...makes it sound like a different dimension), Sinnoh League Victors (people thinking that the name meant that Ash was going to win). Galectic Battles made it sound like, you know, the majority of episodes would focus on them, but of course they didn't. This title seems weirdly irrelevant to what is happening, though.

Well tbh Galactic Battles did have more of the final Galatic battles so that could be why as for SLV Its the Victors of Sinnoh who came together for the Sinnoh League. But yeah season 4 had nothing to do with the Johto League championship.

Years
    Charicific did you watch the interview with John Loeffler? And yes it would appear that way.

I think expanding on Trip background is a must or should be at least more details on him. I mean we have seen flash [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]backs[/COLOR][/COLOR] with him meeting Alder, but that's pretty much it outside of the upcoming episode which doesn't show much either. Bianca though they give her a bit more progression, although for the good or bad that has yet to be seen.

I am just curious how long the run time of this will be. Since there is an 15 episode difference with where they are at now should be 17 gap by the Season Premier. My guess is this may run to the League due to the pacing of this Series. Then we get a post Unova main story arc that encompasses Season 16.

Kenshin could u please tell me where u found the interiview?

Back on topic:
    The Titels sounds awesome it doesnt sound childish to me at all

Back