• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestial Version (Debug Release|30.11.21)

Years
  • The first release of Pokémon Celestial Version (Debug Release) is set to release at 5:00 PM (UTC) on 30th November, 2021!

Years
  • Pokémon Celestial Version - Debug Release

Pokémon Celestial Version Debug Release is out! The main purpose of this debug release is to open game suggestions from players. At a point in the development of Celestial Beta 0.0, I just decided to diverge this branch and save it for a release like this. Please note that even though I released it, I would personally like all of you to wait for the release of Beta 0.1, or at the very least Beta 0.0. The main thread can be viewed here. Fun fact is that this game is a developer copy, making it a literal "debug release"!

Progress

Spoiler:

Download

• Celestial Version Debug Release
      Release date: 30th November, 2021
      Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to Gym 01 in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokémon Celestial Version - Debug Release

Pokémon Celestial Version Debug Release is out! The main purpose of this debug release is to open game suggestions from players. At a point in the development of Celestial Beta 0.0, I just decided to diverge this branch and save it for a release like this. Please note that even though I released it, I would personally like all of you to wait for the release of Beta 0.1, or at the very least Beta 0.0. The main thread can be viewed here. Fun fact is that this game is a developer copy, making it a literal "debug release"! The progress update and download can be viewed below.

Progress

Spoiler:

Download

• Celestial Version Debug Release
      Release date: 30th November, 2021
      Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to Gym 01 in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like!

Noiceeee

Years
  • Quite impressive beginning town!

I have one suggestion.

After getting a parcel from Prof. Almond,

he said you should go to your mom and talk about leaving the town.

However when going back home and talking to her,

she only said; "have you met Prof. Almond yet?"

Although when leaving a town, an event happens (talking with mom), it is somewhat artificial.

How about a little change like,

instead of giving running shoes at the beginning,

Mom will give it when a player talks to her after receiving the parcel.

And if a player tries to leave without meeting mom (without getting running shoes),

make an event happen, something like,

I forget to talk with my mom or I need good running shoes to pass through the forest or something.

Anyway, it looks really good. I will keep playing this and let you know if I find any glitches.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Beta 0.0 is almost complete! Again, I want everyone of you to wait for Beta 0.1. It's a much cleaner and fresher look on the game, and it's development has already started alongside Beta 0.0. Both are separate releases just to show what I originally planned (Beta 0.0), and what I later planned (Beta 0.1). Stay tuned!

Years
  • So I've got good news and bad news. I've decided to merge Celestial Version Beta 0.0 and Celestial Version Beta 0.1, which means Beta 0.0 will support features of Beta 0.1, like the fully functional DNS, new font etc. Good news is that the first impression will be much cleaner and better than what I originally intended; but the bad news is, the release will not happen in December. I don't know when I'll release it, but it'll take a little time. Stay tuned!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2022
    So I've got good news and bad news. I've decided to merge Celestial Version Beta 0.0 and Celestial Version Beta 0.1, which means Beta 0.0 will support features of Beta 0.1, like the fully functional DNS, new font etc. Good news is that the first impression will be much cleaner and better than what I originally intended; but the bad news is, the release will not happen in December. I don't know when I'll release it, but it'll take a little time. Stay tuned!

Sure!!

Years
  • Pokémon Celestial Version - Beta 0.0 announcement

Wow, it's been like over a year since any news. Pokémon Celestial Version started as a pretty normal insider ROM hack, but quickly evolved into what it is today. I started ROM hacking seriously in 2021, and since then I have been on and off so much that it's uncanny. But nevertheless, I still worked on the game. Now I'm proud to announce the first Beta release, Beta 0.0, is close. Details are below.

Why did it take so long?

ROM hacking is really just a hobby and I enjoy the world building aspect of it, and see it come to fruition. I sometimes just left this hobby entirely and then jump on it again. It's been like this for the past year and since real life was hectic, I never really sat down and made a "plan" that I would follow for development. But then I did, and restarted the game multiple times as my ROM hacking knowledge grew. Finally, I have something to show and have an actual release/development plan with an awesome team I have garnered (which I am hoping to grow).

Pokémon Celestial Version Beta 0.0

Pokémon Celestial Version Beta 0.0 is the first Beta release and it goes up till Stonepeak City (2 Gyms). Since it's not a complete release, many features in the game's code are not actually in it (for example, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Quest System, Collectibles, Regional Variants etc.). You can check the development plan in the discord server. Below are the things you can expect in Beta 0.0 (I have purposefully excluded many, many new things you will see in Beta 0.0 for this post like a graphical overhaul, custom tiles/maps, new songs etc. to make the game enjoyable and spoiler free. Few screenshots have been included, so note that you can expect more in the actual release).

Game progression
    This release contains the story/world/event progression till the Second Gym.​
    test-03.png
    test-05.png
    test-08.png

Upgraded Engine
    The newer version of the engine (same as that of Pokémon Unbound, that is, the CFRU).​
    test-02.png
    Pokemon-Celestial-Version.gifg

Fully functional Day/Night system
    In this system of the DNS (Day Night System), there will be light-up windows and time of day based wild encounters.​
    test-01.png
    test-02.png
    test-04.png
    test-06.png

Visuals Update vα (version Alpha)
    A graphical overhaul for the entire game for example, new fonts, sprites, tiles, UI (screenshots not up to date/many new graphics will be in the actual release).​
    Screen.png
    z-FOR-PALLETE-01.png
    test-01.png

Custom Music Track
    Many new custom songs and remixes are promised in this release. Stay tuned!​

Quality Of Life
    Many new QOL features. Stay tuned!​

Download?

Please join the Discord server to be notified as soon as the download comes!

Last edited:
    Back