• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cosmic Version (Beta 0.0 HOTFIX|26.05.2024)

Years

The game is being ported over to the decompilation and disassembly of Pokémon Emerald Version, namely the pokeemerald-expansion! Check the Discord server for details and updates.
    Pokémon Cosmic Version (Beta 0.0 HOTFIX|26.05.2024)

Hack of (base ROM): 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) CRC32:dd88761c
    Discord server: https://discord.gg/5wUeGef6q3
    Latest download: click_me_to_download

Introduction

I've been in the ROM hacking scene for a while now, and I thought of actually giving it a go on a full scale project. Thus, a dead game was born, from which Cosmic emerged. I have big plans for Cosmic, and I really look forward to people suggesting me what they want to see in the game as it grows. Moreover, I have taken interest in the decompilation and disassembly of Pokémon games, so the project is being ported over.

Story

You are finally fifteen years old! Ready to start your journey in the Astronia region, the acclaimed Pokémon Professor and astronomer, Professor Almond, who just moved in your town, makes you run an errand. But soon you strangely become the target of an organization known as "The Rosé Order" and are dangerously involved in their activities of unknown motives. What can their goal be, and why are you so mysteriously involved?

Travel through the multi-terrain Astronia region, meet long lasting companions, battle with Pokémon from many different regions, stop The Rosé Orders' ultimate plan, and save the entire world from unknown threat in Pokémon Cosmic Version!

Features (red features are for future releases)

• A New World:
      Travel through the beautiful region of Astronia and explore it's many secrets! Connect with people and Pokémon alike and make friends and foes along the way! A new interactive world with a new feel!
    • A Powerful Engine:
      Utilizing the Complete FireRed Upgrade (same engine as that of Pokémon Unbound), the core of the game has been extensively upgraded! Battle with mechanics now on par with Generation VIII (all the attacks and abilities, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves), use many new items up till Generation VIII (standard items, berries, TM's, HM's), and enjoy many new significant features (vastly improved AI system, DexNav, etc.)!
    • Catch 'Em All With Regional Variants:
      While catching all your favorite Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar and Paldea, don't miss out on the new regional variants of the Astronia region, dubbed Astronian Pokémon!
    • Fresh Graphics:
      A fresher and more appealing look to the entire game while incorporating the look of vanilla FireRed! Travel through serene locations and routes in either day or night, battle with Trainers and Pokémon with both having an updated look, and utilize the cleaner UI! Small changes include a new font, new overworld sprites, updated animations and much more!
    • Dynamic Quest System:
      A brand new quest system that rewards you for all your different endeavors and adventures! Complete each and every quest to earn the Hero Badge on your Trainer Card!
    • Collectibles:
      Travel through Astronia and locate all of the many different collectibles for unique rewards! Collect every collectible to earn the Seeker Badge on your Trainer Card!
    • Brand New OST:
      Have fun listening to updated songs and enjoy new music with some familiar and some entirely different OST's!
    • Quality Of Life:
      Expanded Pokémon Storage System Boxes (up to twenty-five!), updated pickup mechanics and an updated day-care system, the re-use repel prompt, battle terrain, inverse/sky battles, Totem Pokémon, auto-run and others!

Gallery

FAQ

Spoiler:

Connect

• Discord server
      Join the Pokémon Cosmic Version Discord server to see unreleased updates, exclusive screenshots, and much more!

• YouTube channel
      The YouTube channel will showcase minor or major implementations, events, or features to come later in the game.

Download

• Cosmic Version Beta 0.0 HOTFIX
      Release: 26th May, 2024
      Notes: Goes up till after the first Gym (and a little ways beyond that). Read the README.txt thoroughly!

• Cosmic Version Beta 0.0 (pulled)
      Release:
      25th May, 2024
      Notes: Removed due to a game breaking bug.

Credits

Spoiler:

Special Thanks

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Currently there is a bug that doesn't allow the normal usage of Treecko and Torchic. Please choose Mudkip for the time being!

EDIT: Download has been pulled for the time being to a game breaking bug!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    After a long time Finally i see another Pokémon game romhack that not a difficulty hack. Thank you for this amazing thing hope this not get abandoned and stay strong. Stay healthy and stay safe and don't forget to post recruitment on pokémon community both here and discord and rpgmakakerxp Pokémon sub reddit and Pokémon romhack sub reddit

Last edited:

lweege

Lweegiel
    Years
    My full support on this project. Is there anyway for me to help? Not that I'm an expert in rom hacking hehethe. The catch em all part got me going, and a fresh new story.

Years

Pokémon Cosmic Version - Beta 0.0 HOTFIX release + announcement

The game breaking bug that occurred in Beta 0.0 has been fixed. There have been several changes, but the story/game progression is the same. The announcement is that the game is being ported over to the decompilation and disassembly of Pokémon Emerald Version, namely the pokeemerald-expansion! Check the Discord server for details and updates, development timeline, suggestions, etc.

Changelog

Spoiler:

Download

• Cosmic Version Beta 0.0 HOTFIX
      Release: 26th May, 2024
      Notes: Goes up till after the first Gym (and a little ways beyond that). Read the README.txt thoroughly!

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I remember coming across this on reddit. I play the beta and had a phenomenal time despite it being really short. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table when you switch over to the emerald decomp!

Back