• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon CRYSTAL KAIZO: The Official Sequel to Blue Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Definately Kaizo

Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Fairly challenging

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Should've put level 200+ enemies

Votes: 59 19.6%
  • Unfair

Votes: 33 11.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2021
So after finishing this game I must say that the overworld difficulty, in terms of what HMs (and Rock Smash) you must have for navigation, along with navigational mazes and punishing speed-enablers, Crystal Kaizo is more forgiving than Emerald Kaizo was. There's no point in arguing over that, since other users posted about it, while SHF replied.

I tend to follow a self-imposed challenge: randomly selecting (through Google's RNG) 6 numbers from 1-251 (in Gen II's case), then checking the dex numbers and have my team for battle purposes (HM slaves were required). Then I go with that team on an itemless, set mode-only run. My squad was thus Charizard-Pidgeot-Fearow-Gyarados-Teddiursa-Wobbuffet.

I (almost almost) succeeded in Emerald Kaizo, having beat the game (Steven) with Slowpoke-Salamence-Alakazam-Porygon2-Omastar-Magikarp (before you ask, I banked on Ancient Power boosts vs Glacia, even had to change my Shell Armor Omastar to a Swift Swim one, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). The post-game superbosses were too much.

In Crystal Kaizo, I was forced to break my rules a number of times, namely:
Spoiler:

It was so so frustrating, but at the same time very gratifying to beat a difficult opponent, which makes me think that the game, with no limitations (pokemon, items, battle options), is far from being nerve-wracking. Wobbuffet was almost always the MVP, and a must for any player who seeks a comfortable run. The only pokemon it cannot technically beat are Houndoom (immune to Mirror Coat) and Umbreon (faster, has Toxic, where Shuckle is slow and can be PP stalled). I had to beat a lot of trainers, but mostly the ones above, dozens of times to figure out their moves, items, AI, even cheese opportunities. Hell, Surge, SHF and Silver took me well over 100 times each.

Really liked the #252. Fun idea.

Team's final moveset (vs Silver):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 25, 2021
I was just wondering if anyone still playing this had the file for it or knows a place to get the file the link above isn't working for me and I would love to play this anyway that's all.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2021
Would anyone happen to have a stat breakdown of whitney's miltank? I'd love to train my miltank to be as annoying and strong~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2023
Would anyone happen to have a stat breakdown of whitney's miltank? I'd love to train my miltank to be as annoying and strong~

I'm runing a grass monotype and as she hasn't sap sipper I can put her to sleep and well... Now I don't know what to do after Whitney's gym jeje.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Hi i'm retarded. I have never played a rom hack before and don't even have that much experience playing roms. I can't for the life of me find the right files to make this game work. I really want to play it though. I think it could bring a fresh challenge to a game that I have always loved. Someone please help me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Would anyone able to tell me how to get this game playable on my computer? I feel like I have been walking in circles for hours trying to get the game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I have 3 things to say (or type)
First, thank you, SinisterHoodedFigure for making this ROM hack, it's really fun. I've been playing all of your Kaizo Pokemon ROM hacks, and, gotta admit it, they are my favorite ROM hacks. One thing to say is that please lower the encounter rate on dungeons, it's really annoying.

Second, for those of you who are complaining about your Typhlosion and Houndoom not getting Flamethrower. Just like what SHF said, "How do they (Inferior mons) compete? By getting good moves earlier." You know, I've fished up a Lv.14 Remoraid in Violet City with the following moveset :

Bubblebeam
Psybeam
Aurora Beam
Flamethrower

SHF had encourage us not to rely too much on starters and overrated mons, and use other Pokemon too. So, instead of a Flamethrower Houndoom or Typhlosion, how about a Flamethrower Octillery? Anyway, if you really want your fire mons to learn Flamethrower, don't evolve them too early. Use the Everstones sold at Goldenrod Department Store and train them until around Lv. 40-50.

Third, for those of you complaining about the sheer difficulty and said that it's not hard, it's annoying. Just shut up. The reason why it's called Crystal Kaizo is because it has a kaizo rate of difficulty. So, don't expect them to be as hard as Pokemon Clover or Theta Emerald Renev. At times, it's true that it's quite annoying. Silver using a Max Potion and a Full Restore on his stolen Pokemon. So, if you are really up to the challenge, play it. And if it's too hard, don't complain about it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
What level do all trade evolution Pokemon evolve?

Onix evolve at lv 65, Scyther evolve at around lvl 65, Poliwhirl evolve at lv 37 to Politoed, Slowpoke evolve with a Water Stone to Slowking. Not sure about the rest.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Neither of them are obtainable before the Elite Four.

In fact, the King's Rock is unobtainable in this game (unless they can be obtained as held items by Slowpoke or Poliwhirl, but I doubt that).

You can find King's Rock at the basement of Slowpoke Well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
so i know your supposed to find misty on route 25 before you battle her however i never found her. The spot where she is never showed anyone and she isnt in th gym.

Back