• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Darn.. I dont want to do it all over , i have put alot of time in this game and dont want to lose that.. If there is an option let me know asap!
You won't even get to play beta 5 in a long time.
If I started right now and worked like 5 hours a day with it, it wouldn't be done yet in this summer. And I hardly spend that much time hacking anyway.

I haven't quit working on the hack, it's more like on a pause right now. But I could say almost for certainly that beta 5 won't come out in this year.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Shoot.. Haha its a pretty good game tho!! I will tell alot of friends about it! But do you recommend another pokemon game?!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 16, 2014
Hello, i have a question. Can you evolve scyther in this hack? If you can where do you get the metal coat and evolve it? Great game by the way. Havent been able to stop playing since i got it.

Jojirius

Jacuzzi Ant
Years
The plot and screenshots look kind of generic. While what little I've seen shows a lot of work has been done, the grammar errors show lack of polish, and overall there's no one thing that grabs my attention yet.

Overall I'm curious what your vision was: anything particularly novel, or just a hacking experiment? The elemental orbs are new to Pokemon but not new to the RPG genre, so they kind of turned me off, tbh.

miksy91

Years
Shoot.. Haha its a pretty good game tho!! I will tell alot of friends about it! But do you recommend another pokemon game?!
Just take a look at the other hacks around here. There are a few other good gbc hacks out there as well.

nice :) the story is amazing keep up the greay job

Hello, i have a question. Can you evolve scyther in this hack? If you can where do you get the metal coat and evolve it? Great game by the way. Havent been able to stop playing since i got it.
Thanks! Scyther evolves simply by leveling it up, it should evolve at lv37 or so.

This hack is really cool! I loved the opening sequence and I'm waiting for you to finish it so I can play it. Also, if you want I can help you with a site for this and other hacks you make.
Thanks! And thanks for the offer as well :)

I'm used to web application programming these days, so I could just make a site for this hack on my own, but not planning to do that right now though. But well... if you want to make a site for it, it's of course okay! :)
But not that I would personlly feel I would "need" a site for hosting this hack.

The plot and screenshots look kind of generic. While what little I've seen shows a lot of work has been done, the grammar errors show lack of polish, and overall there's no one thing that grabs my attention yet.
If you take a look at the videos, you can notice that I know how to code events efficiently, and I have paid attention to pretty much everything I have implemented during the process. And like you can probably already tell by reading me typing this, my native language isn't english although I can write it in an understandable way. So you're right, there are grammar errors out there, but "no can do".

Overall I'm curious what your vision was: anything particularly novel, or just a hacking experiment? The elemental orbs are new to Pokemon but not new to the RPG genre, so they kind of turned me off, tbh.
The hack started as an experiment and when I learned more and more, it started to turn out more professional in every way. But the storyline was really generic at first and along the way, I tried to figure out how to make it work out better and better. Even now, it's a bit generic, but makes sense.

So storyline planning is definitely not one of my strengths in hacking, but in overall, the hack is really well-made and you should give it a shot. You'll be surprised how much different it is from the other hacks out there with only simple scripts here and there.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Couldn't find in the search option... Is there physical/special split in this hack? How about pokemon nature?

Years
It's official... The game is in love with me.... Found a shiny Sentret(2 times in the same route XD), a shiny Fearow and a shiny Magneton... Never, and I mean ever have I been so lucky like this XD. But just curious though, I saw what you did with Ashyln and Roland, about her what's the perfect way to say this, while hiding it, oh yeah, "true intentions", and I can't help but ask, do u have any intentions of escalating this even further, to the point of revelation because that would be an interesting subplot, when you decide to carry on with the hack... Anyways, I'll be there when u decide to carry on with the hack. As of now, all I gotta say is, deal with your life now, and when you have that will and free time, carry on with the pace at which you please. We'll all be waiting patiently.. Good luck my man :)

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Couldn't find in the search option... Is there physical/special split in this hack? How about pokemon nature?
P/S split is not in this hack. I may include it, but I believe I won't. This is because the same pokemon don't learn the same moves in GSC as they do in the further generation games, and dividing those moves that they learn in GSC (and are present at the moment) might make the game unbalanced for no good reason. I'm not saying it would make it unbalanced, but it might and I wouldn't like having to do lots of additional testing to see if some pokemon get ridiculously worse, or better, in the process of adding the P/S split.

(Besides, I don't like the idea of the P/S split in the first place, so that's another reason why I don't want to add it at the moment either.)

Adding natures for pokemon would require a large asm hack since nothing such as that exists in GSC at the moment and simply I won't do that. I could probably figure out how to make it work out, but I don't really think it's any way needed. After all, it wouldn't make the gameplay actually any different.

It's official... The game is in love with me.... Found a shiny Sentret(2 times in the same route XD), a shiny Fearow and a shiny Magneton... Never, and I mean ever have I been so lucky like this XD. But just curious though, I saw what you did with Ashyln and Roland, about her what's the perfect way to say this, while hiding it, oh yeah, "true intentions", and I can't help but ask, do u have any intentions of escalating this even further, to the point of revelation because that would be an interesting subplot, when you decide to carry on with the hack... Anyways, I'll be there when u decide to carry on with the hack. As of now, all I gotta say is, deal with your life now, and when you have that will and free time, carry on with the pace at which you please. We'll all be waiting patiently.. Good luck my man :)
The shiny ratio is raised up to ~1% of the pokemon being shiny so it's no wonder you have found so many :P

As of how I have planned the plot to go on, there will be no relationship, but there will be a few cutscenes that will also involve content that is not related to the storyline itself. I think that's all I want to say about that at the moment, hahha :D
But yeah... there will be character development and scenes related to that and things will play out further from here. :)

And thanks for the support by the way!

Years
P/S split is not in this hack. I may include it, but I believe I won't. This is because the same pokemon don't learn the same moves in GSC as they do in the further generation games, and dividing those moves that they learn in GSC (and are present at the moment) might make the game unbalanced for no good reason. I'm not saying it would make it unbalanced, but it might and I wouldn't like having to do lots of additional testing to see if some pokemon get ridiculously worse, or better, in the process of adding the P/S split.

(Besides, I don't like the idea of the P/S split in the first place, so that's another reason why I don't want to add it at the moment either.)

Adding natures for pokemon would require a large asm hack since nothing such as that exists in GSC at the moment and simply I won't do that. I could probably figure out how to make it work out, but I don't really think it's any way needed. After all, it wouldn't make the gameplay actually any different.

The shiny ratio is raised up to ~1% of the pokemon being shiny so it's no wonder you have found so many :P

As of how I have planned the plot to go on, there will be no relationship, but there will be a few cutscenes that will also involve content that is not related to the storyline itself. I think that's all I want to say about that at the moment, hahha :D
But yeah... there will be character development and scenes related to that and things will play out further from here. :)

And thanks for the support by the way!
Well thanks for crushing my hopes :'(.. Nah just kidding :P. And no problem.. I believe that it's hard to find such a well built hack these days, let alone a G/S/C hack, and this along with Ice Silver has such a great concept and build to it, that you can't help but like it. And the sad thing is that many of these great hacks with great concepts have died before they reached their full potential, and it's just heart breaking to be honest. So, don't mention it ;)

Years
Where is the cave that you fall down into a hole and you need flash and escape rope to get out at?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
This is really awesome! By the way what does the de-stone do? I it revealed later in the game?

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
This is really awesome! By the way what does the de-stone do? I it revealed later in the game?
Thanks!
I could tell you right away, but I'll give you a hint instead; you should find out once you have obtained the first Page (and inserted that to the book).

Years
This game is so hard, I cannot beat Skarmory unless I get a Charmander, which I cannot get Cut from, which I need to beat the Flying type Leader. Did this game get more difficult?

miksy91

Years
This game is so hard, I cannot beat Skarmory unless I get a Charmander, which I cannot get Cut from, which I need to beat the Flying type Leader. Did this game get more difficult?
You can for example catch Ponyta in Area 104 or use the Battle Simulator to get yourself a Magby or whatever. Battle Simulators are located in upper floor or each PC.

And the hack was originally harder and I made it less difficult for beta 4 (because grinding is not fun).

Years
You can for example catch Ponyta in Area 104 or use the Battle Simulator to get yourself a Magby or whatever. Battle Simulators are located in upper floor or each PC.

And the hack was originally harder and I made it less difficult for beta 4 (because grinding is not fun).

Ok, I'll go do that. Thanks for the help ^^

Back