• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Big fan of this hack! Wondering if there are any hints on who you talk to after completing 5 sidequests for the unlockable secret.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'm not sure how the shiny rates are on here but right after I started the game I fought a shiny Ratatta in the grass. I caught it and he's staying on my team now.

i0JbNRS.png

Years
Hello !
My rom is actually in 4.0, which is the actually last update. I wanna know something:
1)Do you know when the next update will come ? I love this hackrom :D
2)Should i restart a game or i could continue with my save ?

Thx to u ! I wish u can understand me

Years
update info/catching pokemon

Hello !
My rom is actually in 4.0, which is the actually last update. I wanna know something:
1)Do you know when the next update will come ? I love this hackrom :D
2)Should i restart a game or i could continue with my save ?

Thx to u ! I wish u can understand me

1. Miksy91 is unsure of the next release as they have studies in school, which should come first as I see it. Miksy91 has stated umongst many forums that summer may bring upon more freetime to hack, possibly july. If I estimate correctly with out under or over estimating miksy91's abilities that would put the beta out some time late spring 2015. Forgive me if I am wrong.

2. Saves between betas so far, have not been compatible. As miksy91 is switching up how things are organized in ram, chances are that again they will not be compatible between 4 and 5. Hope this answers your questions.

To answer all other questions.

The latest beta is available if you google coolrom. Yes you can evolve syther, the metal coat is in there, although at the time I can't think of where, I believe its close to super onix, miksy91 is making a pokemon jrpg kind of like final fantasy, if you've never played final fantasy, drop what you are doing, go to every pawn shop around you and get every ff version you can find, I know there is atleast 7 versions across many platforms. Yes the elemental orbs have been used before but not in the way miksy91 is using them. If you pay attention to what's going on in the sacred forest and what is said in the research tower in grenald? City, first city in east suden. They are talking about dark energy and time travel, which whether miksy91 knows it or not has to do with quantum physics and the travel of electrons around its given neutrons and protons through wrinkles that if I remember correctly is something like dead space. Instead of rotating around the center of the atom like originally believed, electrons actually go in and out of this demension. Allowing them to be anywhere through space and time.

For all other evolution questions read the first post in the forum here or on pokemon hackers online. Incase you are wondering, yes motres, zapdos, and articuno are all in the game, yes they are all catchable, as is ho-oh, not sure about lugia but I'm about 90% sure it is too. From what I've gathered in my 400:52:10 of play time, most every pokemon is available in this game either by capture, evolution, de-evolution, or breeding. Having trouble breeding? Get a ditto, they can be caught right by the baby sitters. Yes super onix is catchable too.

To miksy91: sorry if I stepped on your toes by answering questions, I saw you were tired of answering them repeatedly. So I took the chance to spill my knowledge. I'm still working on that bug report but I'm on my first play through still, I did note that not everytime, but occasionally my game develops pokerous in BBB, and when battling master sage neil. If no one has done it already, I will write a suedo code for the battle room to fix the english and allow usability/a chance to deny payment to switch up pokemon or aquire more money and such. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Good luck with your studies, and do well in class.

Lilpayn

P.S. Just thought of this, for all of you looking for a way to find a pokemon, I'm going to give you a 3 step sure fire way to catch every pokemon available in a game.

Step 1: first, go through the game, area by area during day time in-game, walking through tall grass and walking to every nook and cranny you can possibly get your character to. If you spend less than 3 hours IRL in an area then chances are you haven't seen everything in that area and you aren't looking hard enough.

Step 2: repeat step 1 during night time in-game. Some pokemon are nocturnal and only come out at night, and vise versa.

Step 3:press your start button, go to your pokedex, press your select button, organize pokemon a-z, highlight pokemon without pokeballs next to their entry, press your A button, at the bottom of your screen there is a blinking arrow on the word page, next to that is the word cry, followed by the word area; move the arrow to the word area and press your A button, make a mental note of where on the map the blinking icons are, go to those areas and search till your thumbs bleed lol. If you don't have a pokemon in your pokedex that you are looking for there are 3 possible reasons its not there.

1. You're think of the wrong gens of pokemon, this game is 1 & 2.
2. You haven't seen it yet, in which case go trainer hunting, or use the battle room upstairs in the pokemon centers.
3. That pokemon is a special event which means its a starter, or legendary, and meant to be one of a kind, so you will have to drop in more hours of game play if you want to find these pokemon.

If you have read all of what I posted, THANK YOU!!! You have just saved miksy91 a lot of Q&A time, and you have saved me a lot of scrolling time as I will not have to scroll though 35+ pages of repetition on my ancient attempt at a black berry smart phone lol. Cheers to you all and happy catching.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks for putting all that up lilpayn :)
And I'm not annoyed by "you stepping in my toes". In fact, it's nice to see someone else clearing things up even though everything they (in this case, you) say is not totally accurate. Only thing I can come up with right now is that Lugia is not catchable though but that's pretty much it.

Not sure how you managed to get pokerus easily on your pokemon in BBB or by battling against Neal. Those battles shouldn't do anything "extraordinary" because they function just like any other battles do (although Neal's script involves calling some asm routines I've written myself but those don't do anything pokerus related either).

And well... I haven't worked on the hack at all lately but now I do have free time for it. I do like soccer too so watching the WC is going to take some time along with seeing people who I want to be with and doing sports. But I might just well make use of the time that is left :)
Even though I may get a lot of stuff before the fall, it's hard to say anything about what happens after that. I may be kinda busy afterwards as well and hard to say if I have a new beta ready to be released next Spring (or so) or not.

Years
Lol makes sense. I think the fact that I get pokerous may be because I'm using a meboy 2.2 version of pokemon dark energy. For the longest time I was gonna make a pokemon game using rpg maker vx. Went as far as getting every sprite and tile set I could find, taught myself ruby script along with C++ and torque incase I wanted to switch engines but they keep making new gens of pokemon so I have to keep pushing everything back. In the mean time I've been playing your hack and I'm totally amped for the release of future betas along with final release. Like I said on pho. I'm working on a fully compiled bug report to help with quest pointers, english, menu comp, and a few other things I've noticed. I'm only 413 hours into my first play through though. I'm currently working on hunting down a shiny magikarp to add to my team for a while, riachu is almost lvl 100 and needs a break lol.

But yeah, the pokerous is seemingly random during battles, the game will freeze for about 5 minutes, and when it unfreezes if I go to switch pokemon I only have an elekid. With pokerous, and if I switch to it I get a random lvl 5 pokemon, or if I finish the fight with the pokemon I have and faint the enemy like 15 or 16 random pokemon that neither I nor the enemy have will go up to lvl 75 and then I get random alpha numeric characters all over the screen. Personally I blame black berry for making crapy devices, but I'm about to upgrade to an android, port over and convert my game saves and continue on there. Currently I have 12 people playing this game on different devices from a galaxy S3 to my black berry 9310, to pc, to an actual gameboy color, and all reporting to me about any bugs found. So far its just been a lot of english and sentence composur that I've gotten reports for. They all love the game though, and have all gotten inspired to play more hacks due to dark energy, and once we all obtain gameboy colors and usb cartridges we're all gonna go ham on some battles (brothers are a little distraught about my riachu, shiny pidgeot, super onix, and shiny blastois), especially since some of them never played pokemon before dark energy. My brother said we can't battle because the 2nd floor of pokemon center is now a battle sim, I told him to be patient and keep an eye out for new releases cause it may be added back in, because like you said you are also kinda showcasing what could have been done with G/S/C. If not then ill port the pokemon to another game and I will stomp them on there lol. Well enough rambling for now, I'm too talkitive some times when I talk about pokemon ya know? :/ hmu. For anything pokemon, or game programming/3D modeling (although I'm sure you have that covered). Later

Years
I caught Super Onyx and Artikuno. Now i could travel to the est, but the gate is locked, the watcher says it's impossible actually to move on anymore.

Does super onix can evole into steelix by wearing the metal coat and get some lvls ?

If i'm not wrong, i have 2 orbs. I've beat 2 guardians(one in the ice cave, one in the dark cave, which one you need an escape rope)

I have more than 60hours of playing, which is huuuge and the game isn't finished yet.

Keep going guys, it's a good job ;)

miksy91

Years
Lol makes sense. I think the fact that I get pokerous may be because I'm using a meboy 2.2 version of pokemon dark energy. For the longest time I was gonna make a pokemon game using rpg maker vx. Went as far as getting every sprite and tile set I could find, taught myself ruby script along with C++ and torque incase I wanted to switch engines but they keep making new gens of pokemon so I have to keep pushing everything back. In the mean time I've been playing your hack and I'm totally amped for the release of future betas along with final release. Like I said on pho. I'm working on a fully compiled bug report to help with quest pointers, english, menu comp, and a few other things I've noticed. I'm only 413 hours into my first play through though. I'm currently working on hunting down a shiny magikarp to add to my team for a while, riachu is almost lvl 100 and needs a break lol.

But yeah, the pokerous is seemingly random during battles, the game will freeze for about 5 minutes, and when it unfreezes if I go to switch pokemon I only have an elekid. With pokerous, and if I switch to it I get a random lvl 5 pokemon, or if I finish the fight with the pokemon I have and faint the enemy like 15 or 16 random pokemon that neither I nor the enemy have will go up to lvl 75 and then I get random alpha numeric characters all over the screen. Personally I blame black berry for making crapy devices, but I'm about to upgrade to an android, port over and convert my game saves and continue on there. Currently I have 12 people playing this game on different devices from a galaxy S3 to my black berry 9310, to pc, to an actual gameboy color, and all reporting to me about any bugs found. So far its just been a lot of english and sentence composur that I've gotten reports for. They all love the game though, and have all gotten inspired to play more hacks due to dark energy, and once we all obtain gameboy colors and usb cartridges we're all gonna go ham on some battles (brothers are a little distraught about my riachu, shiny pidgeot, super onix, and shiny blastois), especially since some of them never played pokemon before dark energy. My brother said we can't battle because the 2nd floor of pokemon center is now a battle sim, I told him to be patient and keep an eye out for new releases cause it may be added back in, because like you said you are also kinda showcasing what could have been done with G/S/C. If not then ill port the pokemon to another game and I will stomp them on there lol. Well enough rambling for now, I'm too talkitive some times when I talk about pokemon ya know? :/ hmu. For anything pokemon, or game programming/3D modeling (although I'm sure you have that covered). Later
Wow... you sure have a lot to say about this hack :D

That pokerus bug may actually have something to do with the emulating system you're using. No idea how that's even possible though but as far as I know, there shouldn't be bugs like that in the game itself that would cause that kind of effects.

So far, I have had no plans for restoring the trading or battling possibilities, but I think I could build another place for that which could be in some town rather than in a pokemon center (unless I created yet another floor in each pc). Not sure how I could test it out since I don't personally trade or battle with friends who I have shown this hack to, but others (like you) could surely test it out for possible bugs in my place. So yeah... I think it's possible to put it back in but it's not gonna be on a high position in my "next things to do" list.

ImaCookie said:
I caught Super Onyx and Artikuno. Now i could travel to the est, but the gate is locked, the watcher says it's impossible actually to move on anymore.

Does super onix can evole into steelix by wearing the metal coat and get some lvls ?

If i'm not wrong, i have 2 orbs. I've beat 2 guardians(one in the ice cave, one in the dark cave, which one you need an escape rope)

I have more than 60hours of playing, which is huuuge and the game isn't finished yet.

Keep going guys, it's a good job
11.%20wink.gif
I believe you're talking about the gate in Centralgate City. You can actually move to East-Suden and it's pretty simple; just visit Etta in that city and you'll be able to move on. You're actually told to do so very clearly but I assume english isn't your native language either or you may have somehow just missed that.

But great to hear you have liked it so far!

And you know what guys... the post made by lilpayn yesterday gave me the "push" I needed to go on and I have continued working on the hack. Feels like I have gotten a bit rusty in terms of editing in general but my programming and hacking skills have gone nowhere. Might take a little while to get "back in shape" once again but in the meantime, more progress is still done.

P.S
I'll probably release that beta 4.1 soon that I wanted to have downloadable in fall 2013. Took longer than expected but by the looks of it, I'll only have to redo a thing or two and test out the hack that I haven't "succeeded" in broking anything since release of 4.0. For those who have already played 4.0 though, this new release won't give anything that fancy or new expect for a script change or two (like the pc in Argent Warehouse working a bit differently and the gentleman in Trading Center acting in a different way which is a kinda nice add-on actually).

Edit:
----
By the way lilpayn, what comes to all those errors with english, I'm not sure I feel like fixing them. Fixing errors with english just so time-consuming and extremely boring. I do hacking for fun after all and don't want to push myself into doing something that I don't want to do.

It would be great if the english in this hack would feel good to native speakers too but I'm personally fine with how it's now. Also I can't just re-write dialogues by copy pasting fixed versions in the place of the originally written ones - especially if they take more space. When this is the case, I'll need to do some repointing and because I want to keep everything inside the rom organized, usually repointing the text data that I'm going to insert won't do and it needs even more adjusting than that.

Last edited:
Years
Gotchya, well keep up the good work, I'm glad to see I gave you that little push. I'm gonna keep playing till my thumbs bleed or till they break off (which ever comes last) and keep plugging away for these shiny pokemon, because right now my pokedex is only at 99 because I'm too particular about my pokemon lol. Also, I looked into meboy last night and the errors with pokerous definitely are from the emulation system. The problem is its java based and calls for a midset.class and midiinst.class which my phone supports neither so the sound doesn't work and sometimes it freezes out and glitches because j2me is garbage lol. Thank you blackberry, thankyou very much.

<-------this guy is getting a galaxy note 3. :)

Years
I believe you're talking about the gate in Centralgate City. You can actually move to East-Suden and it's pretty simple; just visit Etta in that city and you'll be able to move on. You're actually told to do so very clearly but I assume english isn't your native language either or you may have somehow just missed that.

But great to hear you have liked it so far!

Nah, i'm in the East part, on the Area 123. The watcher said i have some things to do in Granaldo City but i dunno what, i haven't finished all the sidequests and so i have to complete them.
I have no idea to what to do in the Mystery woods also.

miksy91

Years
Ok so i have a growlith at lvl 30 and i want to evovle it should i or not?
Yeah, Arcanine will learn all the moves that Growlithe would after lv30 (and probably more).

Nah, i'm in the East part, on the Area 123. The watcher said i have some things to do in Granaldo City but i dunno what, i haven't finished all the sidequests and so i have to complete them.
I have no idea to what to do in the Mystery woods also.
Okay. In that case, it's impossible to get further from that point apart from doing stuff in Granaldo City and finishing all kinds of sidequests. After you have completed everything (for now) in Granaldo City and return to talk to that guard at the gate, he will tell you that you have finished the normal gameplay part of the beta is over or something like that.

But there are actually only a couple of things that you should do there.
1. Go to the gym
2. Explore the cavern (and visit the research center after doing so <-- you're told to do this).

What comes to Mystery Woods, you can't do anything there in beta 4 yet. The place will have a bigger meaning in beta 5 (later in the game).

xavire

RetroSage
Years
What about eevee? Mine evolved into espeon before i got to the town with the stones. Also are u supposed to use the de stone on eevee for the story?

xavire

RetroSage
Years
I also have some other problems:
1. On my team i have espeon lvl 32, venusaur lvl 33, arcanine lvl 30, and a electabuzz lvl 32. I having trouble picking my fifth pokemon. I wanted to choose between hoothoot or the shiny squirdle.
2. Im in milky village(i think thats what its called), i just finished the team darkness scene So do i go to thegr and tower or do i go to the gym again?

Thinks for the help. Really nice hack by the way! I wish u the best of luck on it!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Years
Okay. In that case, it's impossible to get further from that point apart from doing stuff in Granaldo City and finishing all kinds of sidequests. After you have completed everything (for now) in Granaldo City and return to talk to that guard at the gate, he will tell you that you have finished the normal gameplay part of the beta is over or something like that. => i've finished 2 sidequests if i'm right, but how i can find them ?

1. Go to the gym => done
2. Explore the cavern (and visit the research center after doing so <-- you're told to do this). => done, i caught the thief who stole my money, bring back to the scientist the thing he needed in the argent warehouse's rechierchs center by using the code with the computer.

Did i lost a few things yet ?

What comes to Mystery Woods, you can't do anything there in beta 4 yet. The place will have a bigger meaning in beta 5 (later in the game).

miksy91

Years
What about eevee? Mine evolved into espeon before i got to the town with the stones. Also are u supposed to use the de stone on eevee for the story?

You can de-evolve Eevee's upper forms with De-Stones. You had probably found out that already but if not, that's how it works.

I also have some other problems:
1. On my team i have espeon lvl 32, venusaur lvl 33, arcanine lvl 30, and a electabuzz lvl 32. I having trouble picking my fifth pokemon. I wanted to choose between hoothoot or the shiny squirdle.
2. Im in milky village(i think thats what its called), i just finished the team darkness scene So do i go to thegr and tower or do i go to the gym again?

Thinks for the help. Really nice hack by the way! I wish u the best of luck on it!
������������������������������������������������������������������������
1. Noctowl isn't very tough so training Squirtle might be a better idea. Espeon can learn Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam later on though if you make it to learn those!
2. Neither actually. Grand Tower is a totally optional place although fighting there may help with finishing all the sidequests. But what you really would have to do is to find a way to access next area (Area 109). The gate is locked so investigate and talk to people and you'll probably find an easy way to open it.

Pretty much every time you get stuck in the game, open town map and see where you may need to go and talk to people if needed. That should solve things.

i've finished 2 sidequests if i'm right, but how i can find them ?
There are seven of them in total for now like shown in the trainer card. You can take a look at the posts here in the thread (in last pages) and you'll probably find some more info. But exploring and doing things that you so far haven't done is the way.

1. Go to the gym => done
2. Explore the cavern (and visit the research center after doing so <-- you're told to do this). => done, i caught the thief who stole my money, bring back to the scientist the thing he needed in the argent warehouse's rechierchs center by using the code with the computer.
That's another guy who is looking for you bringing back the briefcase. The ones you saw in the cavern are in the highest floor researching the Elemental Orb and they told you to visit them after resting in the inn.

Last edited:
Back