• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon Dark Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
  • The name of the hack: Pokémon Dark Future
    ROM base: Pokémon Gold (U)
    Creator: Miksy91

Storyline
    Part 1
    Spoiler:

Part 2
    Spoiler:

Part 3
    Spoiler:

Part 4
    Spoiler:

Features

Epic storyline
    New scripts, maps, and such
    Running Shoes from Prism
    New battle sprites (maybe, I'm not an artist myself)

Screenshots
    I'll get more screenshots up as soon as I start (and finish) some nice scripts I've planned.
    Also, it's not of my habit to leave caves unaccessable (referring to the 6th screenie)

Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future
    Pokémon Dark Future

Progress
    A demo containing two towns & a mini-boss battle won't take that long

Special thanks
    Koolboyman - The Running Shoes ASM hack
    Skeetendo Inc. - For helping me out with hacking in general

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Wasnt this once a Crystal hack?

But either way i like your hacks
    They all have that uniqueness
    so this one will be good too :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This is just damn great.
    No matter how much better I become, no one seems to care but that's just what this forum is about. I should probably move to hacking Fire Red instead.
    You shouldn't let the amount of posts you're getting stop you. If you prefer G/S/C hacking, you shouldn't switch to FR. Just my advice though.

This looks great, anyways, and although Gold hacks aren't my favorite, I love the storyline!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • This actually looks great (I don't think I could ever hack G/S/C!) but I just have one problem. My stupid VisualBoyAdvance is stupid, it won't let me play GBC games, so I won't get to experience your awesomeness at full power.

From what I see, it looks like it had the potential to go far! Plus, I like the Pokemon OW in the 3rd Screen. Looks great!

miksy91

Years
  • You shouldn't let the amount of posts you're getting stop you. If you prefer G/S/C hacking, you shouldn't switch to FR. Just my advice though.

This looks great, anyways, and although Gold hacks aren't my favorite, I love the storyline!
    Thank you :)

Besides, I didn't think people would take that seriously (you're not the only one who posted about this) :D
    It was just a joke, I'd never begin hacking Fire Red.
    If I did though, without tools like XSE ;)

This actually looks great (I don't think I could ever hack G/S/C!) but I just have one problem. My stupid VisualBoyAdvance is stupid, it won't let me play GBC games, so I won't get to experience your awesomeness at full power.

From what I see, it looks like it had the potential to go far! Plus, I like the Pokemon OW in the 3rd Screen. Looks great!
    Nice that you like it but I don't really understand why VBA doesn't let you run GB/C roms. But you could also try another Game Boy emulator.

I feel like I acted in a stupid way by putting that kind of words in a forum where the average age is under 15 - I'm just going to delete it. Now, in the meantime (before demo release) expecting a few more comments...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I feel like I acted in a stupid way by putting that kind of words in a forum where the average age is under 15 - I'm just going to delete it. Now, in the meantime (before demo release) expecting more posts...
    damn is "that kind of word"?

Anyway, forgot to say before, I love the 3rd screen OW, looks great!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    From what I've heard, everything you do while hacking G/S/C is basically Hex. It's pretty damn impressive to be able to do that much; half the people here haven't even tried exploring a hex editor, or even know what certain values mean.

Anyway, I think that the storyline is pretty mystifying, the fact that it takes place in a whole different planet and the Orbs.

I think you aren't getting much posts is because people often hack the third generation games. We, I at least, haven't even tried hacking G/S/C (not to mention I haven't played any G/S/C games) so I don't really know how great what you're doing really is.
    I'll play this when it comes out ;D

miksy91

Years
  • From what I've heard, everything you do while hacking G/S/C is basically Hex. It's pretty damn impressive to be able to do that much; half the people here haven't even tried exploring a hex editor, or even know what certain values mean.

I think you aren't getting much posts is because people often hack the third generation games. We, I at least, haven't even tried hacking G/S/C (not to mention I haven't played any G/S/C games) so I don't really know how great what you're doing really is.
    I'll play this when it comes out ;D
    You should definitely try out original Pokemon Crystal (instead of G/S), test this later when I have a release up ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    The name of the hack: Pokémon Dark Future
    ROM base: Pokémon Gold (U)

Features

Epic storyline
    New scripts, maps, and such
    Running Shoes from Prism
    New battle sprites (maybe, I'm not an artist myself)

You are my hero!!!!!!!!!
    Pokémon Dark Future

I'm gonna try this!

miksy91

Years
  • Pokémon Dark Future

Is this supoose to show the numbers
    No, the bottom is probably filled with empy space although you can pick "Pk", "Mn" and other marks but they can now be taken from the "Upper" case among with "yen" and other marks (I didn't forgot one empty block either in case you want to split your name in two parts) :D

Thanks, Max :)

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • Storyline and setting look interesting and different. Plus, the fact that it's a Gold hack is awesome! I love them, because to be perfectly honest I'm kind of sick of Fire Red and Ruby, and G/S/C are kind of beautiful in an ultra-simple way. When a playable version is released, I will most definitely be investigating further.

miksy91

Years
  • Storyline and setting look interesting and different. Plus, the fact that it's a Gold hack is awesome! I love them, because to be perfectly honest I'm kind of sick of Fire Red and Ruby, and G/S/C are kind of beautiful in an ultra-simple way. When a playable version is released, I will most definitely be investigating further.
    Thanks, and well I also prefer G/S/C to FR and others :D

Anyways, might also want to tell ya what I've been doing all this time...
    Well, there hasn't been much progress but in the meantime, I've become a better hacker and learned stuff that will also help me with this project when I come back to it. It will be a short break because I've begun another hack: It's of Pokemon Yellow !

But Dark Future will continue soon though and when I return to this, I'll get the demo up quickly :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    I've been searching everywhere to find out how to make the running shoes work in gold version by modifying the bike the way koolboyman did. Could you show me how you did it please?

miksy91

Years
  • I've been searching everywhere to find out how to make the running shoes work in gold version by modifying the bike the way koolboyman did. Could you show me how you did it please?
    Koolboyman has posted a thread about it in "Research" section I think.
    Anyways, I started Dark Future on Gold and moved on to Silver later so mods, you can close this thread for good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back