• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Whats the level of champion last pokemon? I predict at least 68

Judging by the way the beta has been, I'd say more like mid 70's. Lt. Surge's Raichu is lvl 32 and he's just the 3rd gym leader, plus all the extra trainers that are added on routes etc. Also, the wild pokemon give decent amounts of experience and are levelled a lot better than the normal games, so it wouldn't surprise me if Blue's pokemon are very high level.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Whats the level of champion last pokemon? I predict at least 68
    Even I can't answer that question; levels is something I decide as I go. You can't plan your level curve, cause you just won't know how things turn out. I'm aiming to keep it under 70 but we'll see.

Years
  • There's a map bug in Route 10, where you appear out of place (2 squares to the right of Rock Tunnel), and in Route 3 where you appear 1 square to the right of Route 4

Years
  • Cchaos rush!!! one interesting question!!!

will you make pokemon league like B/w2 ?(hope you know how it goes).

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Is Mew an in-game obtainable legendary pokemon or rather is it in the game at all?
    Please make it so you catch Mew along with the other kanto legendaries because we might even forget he exists in the kanto pokedex anyday now. And also can the gym leaders be re-battled anytime in the aftergame for exp?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Is Mew an in-game obtainable legendary pokemon or rather is it in the game at all?
    Please make it so you catch Mew along with the other kanto legendaries because we might even forget he exists in the kanto pokedex anyday now. And also can the gym leaders be re-battled anytime in the aftergame for exp?
    I don't want to reveal much postgame information, but it says in the first post that DarkViolet's Kanto Dex contains all 151 Generation I Pokémon.

EDIT: @HeatedMo, I was looking at one of the comments on your Let's Play of this hack, and I noticed something that YouTube user "Aussie Helioptile" said:
    HeatedMo, you may be disappointed.
    With this hack, you can go to Sevii Islands and I don't think you can go to Johto.

P.S: The hacker plans on using the Gen 3 engine to also remake GSC/HGSS, RSE and DPPt! But no plans for BW1/2 and XY. Obviously since THOSE games would be extremely hard work to remake in Gen 3. =P
    I never said any of that. The Sevii Islands will not be in this game, you can't go to Johto, and I am NOT going to remake RSE and DPPt.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    This is a very good hack.
    I started playing it for a few hours,the graphics is just pure awesome.
    And what really made my day was that when the effects of a repel went out,It actually asks you whether to use another one or not. Very good addition in the Gen 3 games.

This hack deserves more attention :p

Years
  • Well see Chaos rush!!! Lots of people here tellling your hack is very good!!! Actually it is good!

Chaos rush will you add Challenge mode for DV?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks like this hack keeps on getting better and better. But going back to the OW sprites for the legendaries, you told me that you will edit the FR/LG ow sprites for the legendaries right? Well if I have one request for that it would be, please don't make the OW sprites for gigantic legendaries like Lugia, Ho-oh, Moltres, Zapdos etc complete midgets. I really don't know why, but that always bothered me... And good choice in changing Mewtwo's overworld sprite completely. It looks so pathetic and weak... I'm guessing the ow sprite you have for Mewtwo will display it's toughness and will be bigger and badder than the abomination that Gamefreak created for Mewtwo's ow sprite right? Any ways you're doing just fine, so keep going hard and strong!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Looks like this hack keeps on getting better and better. But going back to the OW sprites for the legendaries, you told me that you will edit the FR/LG ow sprites for the legendaries right? Well if I have one request for that it would be, please don't make the OW sprites for gigantic legendaries like Lugia, Ho-oh, Moltres, Zapdos etc complete midgets. I really don't know why, but that always bothered me... And good choice in changing Mewtwo's overworld sprite completely. It looks so pathetic and weak... I'm guessing the ow sprite you have for Mewtwo will display it's toughness and will be bigger and badder than the abomination that Gamefreak created for Mewtwo's ow sprite right? Any ways you're doing just fine, so keep going hard and strong!!!
    Just to clarify, with the Legendary Birds, what I meant by modify is simply that their coloring will be adjusted to the RSE palettes I'm using. They'll look mostly the same.
    Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

This is an accurate size for Zapdos, as Zapdos is only 5'03. In DarkViolet, I'm setting the protagonists at age 16, and when I was 16, I was already 5'9. The Legendary Birds aren't "gigantic legendaries", I'm taller than Zapdos and Articuno.

The reason why I'm making a new sprite for Mewtwo, however, is because:
    1) the FR/LG sprite for Mewtwo looks terrible and looks sad for some reason
    2) Mewtwo is supposed to be 6'07

Years
  • it's amazing sooo far
    improved music
    and its the first time to see at the main screen the changed music and pokemon cry in a rom hack
    sprites are amazing really really really good job
    if you can make the character in the game to travel to multiple regions it would be awesome
    but yeah the music is different the battle music as well and the looks of everything
    just there is something about the main character is weird is the running animation if you look at his eyes
    it goes down to the place of his mouth or something if you can fix that in the upcoming updates!
    thanks for making this hack!

but if u watch the anime you will see that zapdos is really large when that ditto trainer saw him and made her ditto transform to it

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just to clarify, with the Legendary Birds, what I meant by modify is simply that their coloring will be adjusted to the RSE palettes I'm using. They'll look mostly the same.
    Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

This is an accurate size for Zapdos, as Zapdos is only 5'03. In DarkViolet, I'm setting the protagonists at age 16, and when I was 16, I was already 5'9. The Legendary Birds aren't "gigantic legendaries", I'm taller than Zapdos and Articuno.

The reason why I'm making a new sprite for Mewtwo, however, is because:
    1) the FR/LG sprite for Mewtwo looks terrible and looks sad for some reason
    2) Mewtwo is supposed to be 6'07
    Really, I'm 16 and I'm already 6 foot. Just felt like pointing it out :P. Anyways as for the level curve, Idk why, but I think it's best to keep the final bosses's Pokemon's levels in the 70s you know? It just feels right for some reason and you feel like you're in the challenge of your life. It was like that when I fought Cynthia and Blue in the rematch. Almost makes you feel that is the epic final showdown. Then again, it is all up to you!

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    This by far the best hack I've played can't wait to play the Beta 2 & full game keep up the good work Chaos Rush!!!

Years
  • Most exciting adventrous awesome powerful supreme hack!!!(Actually I didnt beta 2 played yet)

I played this hack when it was first release only(upto viridian forest)

Back