• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Daybreak

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Let's all take a step back from this discussion, because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Bida2, the Daybreak team has decided to create a difficult game, which they have, in your opinion, overdone. You left useful criticism, and I'm sure the team appreciates that. That said, their difficulty choices are entirely their own, and they do not need to follow your feedback, however frustrating that may be.

Mizzy, you may not agree with the feedback people give you, but you should be receptive to it nevertheless. Your players are trying to entertain themselves with your game, and as such their opinion does have a certain worth. Calling them out on not putting in effort or time to do so, is not a great way to come across.

rwbonesy, your attitude of calling Mizzy out as being "above the player" or "uppity" is uncalled for. Mizzy explained the reasons behind their choices and clarified on some of their difficulty choices. That may come across as trying to make an excuse to you, but when they clearly intend to create a difficult game, your callouts are unfounded. Like bida2, you may completely disagree with their decisions, but that is subjective. You can communicate your thoughts and opinions in a constructive manner - not the way you did in your latest post.

Arceus394Zelda, I don't know your role in this game or its development, but I assume you're a developer. You're being very defense and rude, and only pouring fuel on the fire with your comments.

To all of you, I implore you to use the Report button when you believe a comment to be inappropriate, rude or uncalled for, that way a staff member can intervene.

All said and done, move on from this discussion. There's no need to keep arguing about this topic.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
    i guess like my complaint is essentially:

the difficulty curve is just kinda wonky movepool-wise from what i played and "oh it's a gym leader/champion" isn't a great reason early-game imo
    i should've just said it that way instead of being frustrated

on another note, I'm genuinely curious as to what was going on that speedup was taken out from a technical perspective, i totally missed that boat b/c late player

CANIS CANEM EDIT: When I get some of my backlog down I'll probably come back and give it another shot tbh, I probably just need to even out levels on my team and not be screwed by choice in eevee lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    i guess like my complaint is essentially:

the difficulty curve is just kinda wonky movepool-wise from what i played and "oh it's a gym leader/champion" isn't a great reason early-game imo
    i should've just said it that way instead of being frustrated

on another note, I'm genuinely curious as to what was going on that speedup was taken out from a technical perspective, i totally missed that boat b/c late player

CANIS CANEM EDIT: When I get some of my backlog down I'll probably come back and give it another shot tbh, I probably just need to even out levels on my team and not be screwed by choice in eevee lol

First of all I would like to apologise for my reaction (about taking an opinion lightly), I perhaps came across as rude but that was not how I intended to express my emotions so for that I apologise.
    The other user is NOT a developer and I have no idea who that is, I do not take responsibility for their actions and what they have said so just ignore them.

Back to topic, that character was supposed to be challenging, as it feels a ton more rewarding in the rematch when you stand a real chance. That is the design philosophy for that battle, and in my opinion makes sense considering that character is a champion, so has access to the best moves, etc

And speedup? It caused a lot of issues, not particularly sure why these issues occured in Daybreak but basically a ton of crashes.

Finally, I'm very glad you are willing to give the game another shot as I personally believe it is a very challenging and engaging game that I would love the community to experience :)

BONUS EDIT: The only developers for Daybreak are raZ and Mizzy. Solartile is helping us program some battles so I guess he technically applies for that position also

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    So I've been playing for a bit and I've reached the city with the first gym(just started btw) and I'm wondering why all trainer Pokemon have near-perfect moves so early in the game like Abra with Psyshock, Charmander with Thunder Punch and even Treeko with Energy Ball? Some aren't even legal, I think at least. This is making the game really difficult to play lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because I suck or anything but I've played other difficulty hacks like Reborn/Rejuvenation, etc and there's a slight line here that is crossing over to "unfair" I think in this game. Is there like a strategy here that I'm not grasping or is it just a quality of this game?

Also I've been reading through these comments, and I would like to update on this. We are currently working on a hard mode (yes, even harder) so therefore the early game will be a bit easier and not so unsettling on normal difficulty. In addition, we are going to be supporting Daybreak with consistent patches and updates so there is more replayability

abegraham

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Pretty slick. I recognize that Garchomp from a sprite artist I'm following, too.
    Quick question before I check this out. Are the PBS files included?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Pretty slick. I recognize that Garchomp from a sprite artist I'm following, too.
    Quick question before I check this out. Are the PBS files included?

1. I made the sprite myself, the garchomp is based off a concept however the sprite was made entirely by me.
    2. No way

Bulky Ledian

Banned
    Years
    Let's all take a step back from this discussion, because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. [...] All said and done, move on from this discussion. There's no need to keep arguing about this topic.
    For a long time I wonder why fan game developers used Twitter or Discord as their main hub, even with all the well-known issues with the platforms. Now I realize that it's because of how overzealous the moderators are when it comes to shutting down legitimate discussion.

1. I made the sprite myself, the garchomp is based off a concept however the sprite was made entirely by me.
    Can you post a link to the concept artist? The design looks real familiar but I can't place it.

New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more

'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon
    I've seen a lot of water growlithe & arcanine regional formes, is there some reason that a lot of people use those?

Would the Dualeons have BST changes? Or would the primary eeveelution be used as a base?

EDIT: Forgot to ask a couple of questions

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    hi bud i love your game alot and i have one question
    pls can you make walkthrough for zeph labyrinth

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    hi bud i love your game alot and i have one question
    pls can you make walkthrough for zeph labyrinth

Thanks for the support! I can definitely consider it but I haven't got the most time on my hands right now. If someone makes one in the meantime I'll keep you updated!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    That's a shame. Can I ask for the PBS files for my own personal use?
    Hell no

Can you post a link to the concept artist? The design looks real familiar but I can't place it.
    Should be pretty easy to find with a quick search on google

I've seen a lot of water growlithe & arcanine regional formes, is there some reason that a lot of people use those?
    No, I just like arcanine + water kinda suits it

Would the Dualeons have BST changes? Or would the primary eeveelution be used as a base?
    Nope, they have the same BST as eeveelutions

Last edited by a moderator:

LordLolicon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Hm. Looks interesting, but I'm a little weary about the comments about difficulty. The only particulary 'hard' fan games I bothered with were Empyrean and Clover.

Back