• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Delta Emerald (Version 1.1.5)

Years
  • I know and I understand that this project may have been a Work in Progress for a long time, but man! You missed a really big opportunity by not using the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade V2. The project is amazing though, even without V2 Battle Engine ngl.

Thank you for your feedback! ^_^
    Yeah, I know, Battle Engine Upgrade V2 is really great and I even had considered switching to it from V1. But, unfortunately, moving to decompilation hacking would mean to start everything from scratch, and I didn't want everything I worked on till then go to waste. And also I do not understand a thing in decomp hacking :')

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    I know that this is a little thing,
    This report is for Decapitalization fixing only.

In Prof. Birch intro.
    "Yeah -->THAT<-- Brendan"
    (Brendan is my trainer's name as usual protagonists in the game)

In wally scene capturing Ralts it says
    "Ralts TRacEd <--"

Sorry I have no image to show. If you have free time, please check it. I hope you will understand what I'm trying to saying. English is not my native language. Thank you, nice hack again. I like this hack.

Years
  • I know that this is a little thing,
    This report is for Decapitalization fixing only.

In Prof. Birch intro.
    "Yeah -->THAT<-- Brendan"
    (Brendan is my trainer's name as usual protagonists in the game)

In wally scene capturing Ralts it says
    "Ralts TRacEd <--"

Sorry I have no image to show. If you have free time, please check it. I hope you will understand what I'm trying to saying. English is not my native language. Thank you, nice hack again. I like this hack.

Ah, another one of those small issues. I tried to fix each one of those I could find, but looks like I missed some of them.
    Thank you for reporting, "TRacEd" will be fixed in the next update!
    Regarding "THAT", it was left capitalized by me because that's how it is in ORAS.
    Thanks again for spotting an error!

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    Yo! I just necro'd my 6 year old account to come to this specific thread and ask you a question: what do you mean with "Zinnia is included into the main plot, along with her theme songs"? No Delta Episode, I assume?

Years
  • Yo! I just necro'd my 6 year old account to come to this specific thread and ask you a question: what do you mean with "Zinnia is included into the main plot, along with her theme songs"? No Delta Episode, I assume?

Yes, there is no Delta Episode, as Rayquaza is included in the main story, while Deoxys still can be caught on Birth Island (you can obtain Aurora Ticket in the game)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    there is a bug with the ??? item once picked up, game freezes when scrolling down through bag

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Also something I wanted to ask. Does this just use emerald's original 50 tm's and hm's or does it add in some of the gen 6 TM's?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Do starters have their hidden abilities? Because I'm resetting in order to obtain a Torchic with Speed Boost, but it seems it has just Blaze

Years
  • Also something I wanted to ask. Does this just use emerald's original 50 tm's and hm's or does it add in some of the gen 6 TM's?

Only original Gen 3 50 TMs are there.

Do starters have their hidden abilities? Because I'm resetting in order to obtain a Torchic with Speed Boost, but it seems it has just Blaze

No, hidden abilities are not included.

Also an another quick update: in version 1.0.2 a previously mentioned bug with "TRAceD" was fixed as well as a bug that occurred in your rival's encounter at Route 110 (rival wasn't moving at all when it was supposed to)

Years
  • Hi, im really enjoying the hack so far and its really fun to play through. I had a few questions regarding the hack though:

You said theres no delta episode but ive heard theres a post game, what exactly is that post game?

I wanted to know about the Mega Stone locations, I found one on my own and one given to me from Steven but thats about it so far and im already on the 7th badge.

Are gift pokemon able to be found in the wild?
    (Steven's Beldum he gives you after you become Champion for example)

Edit: One last thing, Wally's Uncle doesnt seem to be giving out HM04, and im at the part where i have to infiltrate the Magma base, and the only way to do that is to use strength to move boulders.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If I'm not mistaken, you can catch 254 Pokémon in the game, 211 of them are from the Hoenn Dex. You upgrade Dex to National Mode the same way as in the original Emerald.

Most of the new items are at the same locations they are in ORAS, with few exceptions here and there. Some TMs that were previously only buyable are now scattered across the region as you cannot buy them anymore. HM04 Strength is the only HM that had its location changed, you can get it from Wally's Uncle in Verdanturf Town.
    Wild Encounters are mostly the same, though some Pokémon were made more common (for example Seedot, Mawile, Duskull) and Pokémon available only in Ruby and Sapphire and not in Emerald where also added to the routes where they can be encountered in RS (for example Zangoose, Lunatone, Roselia).

Also a quick update on the hack: today I realized there is no way to get a Meowth in Delta Emerald, so in version 1.0.1 I changed an in-game trade at the Battle Frontier to what it was in the original.

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    If the item locations are exactly what they are in oras, does that mean that any existing info on item locations in oras found on the internet, for example the location of evolution stones, is applicable to this hack?
    In addition, how does mega evolution work in this hack? And where can I get the required item to evolve Kadabra, Machoke and Haunter?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Most of the other questions I've had have been asked/answered already, so I was just wondering where exactly the magnetic field is to evolve Magneton and Nosepass? I'm willing to bet it's New Mauville like in ORAS but I'd like confirmation if possible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    There is an npc in slateport that freezes the game when you talk to him, I'm playing on myboy emu. In one of the houses on the east of the stalls.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Hey for both this and mega blue could you post the mega stone and trade evo item locations?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2020
    I've been really enjoying the hack so far, it fixes a lot of issues I have with both RSE and ORAS, but one thing that feels unintentional is that there's a trainer in Flannery's gym with a level 58 Masquerain as their first Pokemon. Obviously by that point in the game you're way underleveled for that, so I hope this was just an error and gets fixed in the future!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    Hey! Great hack thus far - I'm really enjoying it.

That said, here are a few bugs I've noticed in my playthrough thus far:

1) There's a bug catcher in Lavaridge Gym who opens up with a level 58 Masquerain. Doubt this is intentional given it vastly outlevels even Flannery. Will edit with screenshot of this shortly.
    2) The barricades in the Fortree Gym become glitched until the player enters and exits a battle. If the player leaves the gym and reenters, the glitched graphics will reappear.
    3) There's a "????????????????" item in the Magma Hideout that when selected in the bag causes the game to crash.

Will post more as I come across them. None of these bugs have really tarnished the experience and are avoidable for the most part.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • Hey there, I've wanted to say that I'd enjoyed playing the hack so far. However... there is something that you REALLY need to look into as soon as possible. You see, it all revolves around this one Beauty near the Safari Zone, right before the Mt. Pyre event trigger. That Trainer, if you fight her, bugs out your game so badly that once the battle has concluded, you're essentially soft locked because trying to move away from her will set off the event trigger for Team Aqua heading to Mt. Pyre. Then the camera moves itself and then you're unable to move anymore. I've attempted to save a row away from her so that if I do get caught in her battle, then I can just reset and try to avoid her again, however this attempt proved futile as upon reloading into the overworld, I'm stuck in this same bug that would've hard locked my entire save file right then and there if I didn't have a Pokemon that knew Fly. I cannot express enough how crucial it is to fix this bug, because apparently if you get into any sort of battle while she's on screen then the game will severely break.

Years
  • Hi, im really enjoying the hack so far and its really fun to play through. I had a few questions regarding the hack though:

You said theres no delta episode but ive heard theres a post game, what exactly is that post game?

The post-game is the same as in the original Emerald, catching Legendaries and challenging the Battle Frontier. The difference is you can now catch event-only Pokémon.

I wanted to know about the Mega Stone locations, I found one on my own and one given to me from Steven but thats about it so far and im already on the 7th badge.

Are gift pokemon able to be found in the wild?
    (Steven's Beldum he gives you after you become Champion for example)

Looks like I need to make a list with all new item locations and wild encounters. Will start working on those as soon as I can!

As for the Beldum, it's still received from Steven after becoming the Champion. I wanted to stay faithful to original games as close as possible.

Edit: One last thing, Wally's Uncle doesnt seem to be giving out HM04, and im at the part where i have to infiltrate the Magma base, and the only way to do that is to use strength to move boulders.

Hmm, there shouldn't have been any problems with that...
    Thank you, I'll look into that!

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    If the item locations are exactly what they are in oras, does that mean that any existing info on item locations in oras found on the internet, for example the location of evolution stones, is applicable to this hack?
    In addition, how does mega evolution work in this hack? And where can I get the required item to evolve Kadabra, Machoke and Haunter?

Items locations are MOSTLY the same as ORAS, but things like a chance of obtaining some items from trainers like in ORAS weren't implemented. I'm gonna work on a list with all new item locations soon.

Mega Evolutions work exactly as they work in the official games - you have a Key Stone, your Pokémon holds its respective Mega Stone, and Mega Evolution happens if you press Start before choosing a move in a battle.
    Link Cable is available at Lilycove's Department Store.

Most of the other questions I've had have been asked/answered already, so I was just wondering where exactly the magnetic field is to evolve Magneton and Nosepass? I'm willing to bet it's New Mauville like in ORAS but I'd like confirmation if possible.

Yes, special magnetic field is indeed New Mauville. Moss and Ice Rock's locations are also the same, being Petalburg Woods and Shoal Cave respectively.

There is an npc in slateport that freezes the game when you talk to him, I'm playing on myboy emu. In one of the houses on the east of the stalls.

Thank you, I'll look into that!

Hey for both this and mega blue could you post the mega stone and trade evo item locations?

Will work on it as soon as possible.

I've been really enjoying the hack so far, it fixes a lot of issues I have with both RSE and ORAS, but one thing that feels unintentional is that there's a trainer in Flannery's gym with a level 58 Masquerain as their first Pokemon. Obviously by that point in the game you're way underleveled for that, so I hope this was just an error and gets fixed in the future!

1) There's a bug catcher in Lavaridge Gym who opens up with a level 58 Masquerain. Doubt this is intentional given it vastly outlevels even Flannery. Will edit with screenshot of this shortly.

Ha-ha, big, scary Masquerain!
    I'll change this error in the next update, thanks!

2) The barricades in the Fortree Gym become glitched until the player enters and exits a battle. If the player leaves the gym and reenters, the glitched graphics will reappear.

I discovered this glitch shortly after posting a last update, and right now I have no idea how to fix it permanently. But you just should enter any of the menus (Pokédex, Pokémon, Bag, etc.) Inside the gym and barricades will be back to normal.

3) There's a "????????????????" item in the Magma Hideout that when selected in the bag causes the game to crash.

Will post more as I come across them. None of these bugs have really tarnished the experience and are avoidable for the most part.

Looks like I forgot to put an item there...
    Thank you, it will be fixed in the next update!

Hey there, I've wanted to say that I'd enjoyed playing the hack so far. However... there is something that you REALLY need to look into as soon as possible. You see, it all revolves around this one Beauty near the Safari Zone, right before the Mt. Pyre event trigger. That Trainer, if you fight her, bugs out your game so badly that once the battle has concluded, you're essentially soft locked because trying to move away from her will set off the event trigger for Team Aqua heading to Mt. Pyre. Then the camera moves itself and then you're unable to move anymore. I've attempted to save a row away from her so that if I do get caught in her battle, then I can just reset and try to avoid her again, however this attempt proved futile as upon reloading into the overworld, I'm stuck in this same bug that would've hard locked my entire save file right then and there if I didn't have a Pokemon that knew Fly. I cannot express enough how crucial it is to fix this bug, because apparently if you get into any sort of battle while she's on screen then the game will severely break.

Man, that's a really major bug right here!
    I'll try to fix it with everything I can, but if not, I'll just remove this cursed Beauty away from the game!
    Thanks a million for spotting!

And thank you everyone who's been enjoying the hack so far and reporting bugs!
    Wait for a next update for bug fixes!

Last edited:
    Back