• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Delta Emerald (Version 1.1.5)

Years
  • Hi STikER,
    I made an account just now to say how thankful I am for this hack! After playing Gen4+ I had trouble having fun playing Gen3, as I always wished for the necessary improvements included in the later generations. And you fully remedied those concerns!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, that's one of the reasons I decided to develop this hack - some things were just too outdaded in Gen 3.
    Here are some Bugs I found:
    1. Fatal Crash: When highlighting (not even selecting) the Protector item in the bag the game crashes. (This is a big problem for me, as my save is affected and my last backup that does not have it is quite old.)

This is very strange as I cannot trigger this bug. What version of the hack and what emulator do you use? And are you sure you're using right Emerald rom?
    2. Weird text-wrapping glitch: Net Ball item has a weird glitch when viewed in the bag. The game definitely struggles and fails to display the text correctly.

Checked and will be fixed, thanks!
    3. Visual Ditto Registration Bug: When catching your first Ditto and the Ditto has transformed into another Pokemon, the Pokedex entry of the transformed Pokemon will show as registred. However, this is only a visual bug and not of high priority, since a quick check in the Pokedex confirms successful registration of Ditto.

Must be connected with expanded Pokédex, not sure I can do something with it.
    4. Bug: The guy telling you how the hidden values of your Pokemon look like just tells you that all Pokemon are average, have HP as best value, etc. Is that a bug of the Pokemon generation algorithm, with the man telling the truth or a bug with the man just telling you garbage?

It's the man, I just checked my Pokémon's IVs through PkHeX and they are fine. No matter what IVs your Pokémon have, the man will tell the same thing. Not sure how to fix it as of now.
    5. Fatal Crash: When fighting Torkoal in the Fiery Path, sometimes the game just crashes. I have tested this multiple times. It appears, Torkoal may know an attack, which causes this, as the crash always occurs when Torkoal attacks and not necessarily in the first turn, as three of its attacks still work as intended. (This bug was observed in 1.0.2, so it may not be there anymore.)

Cannot trigger this bug either, must be the same thing as with Protector bug.
    Edit: And I absolutely love your avatar! As having Quilava as favorite Pokemon and having Quilava avatars myself in most accounts, I can only rejoice at this sight.

Aw, thank you! ^-^
    Quilava is my favourite Pokémon as well, so it's really great to meet a fellow Quilava fan!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • And I absolutely love your avatar! As having Quilava as favorite Pokemon and having Quilava avatars myself in most accounts, I can only rejoice at this sight.

Aw how cute, i like lord Stiker's Quilava avatar too, it's the third cute avatar i seen here (after the Ninetales and Vulpixes and Vaporeon and Mew over 10 years ago)

Must be connected with expanded Pokédex

Wait, you can expand pokedex in R/S/E too? I thought it can be only done in R/B/FR/LG

Years
  • Wait, you can expand pokedex in R/S/E too? I thought it can be only done in R/B/FR/LG

Well, of course you can! Sylveon is actually number 700 in the National Dex in Delta Emerald, and 99 new Pokémon slots were added to make space for Megas, Gen 4+ evolutions, Deoxys Formes and Alola Forms.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    Hi, thanks for your elaborate reply!

Yes, I am absolutely sure the patching works as intended and I do have the correct ROM.
    But I know from the Mega Blue thread, that you are using a different emulator compared to me. You see, I am a big mGBA fan ever since Endrift, its programmer, resolved some very weird behaviour when running certain vanilla ROMs. I originally used VirtualBoyAdvance until a couple of years ago and was quite frustrated with it at the time. But maybe I need to have a look at an alternative, if it is too much of a hassle for you to test against mGBA.

I know Mega Blue won't even start for me...

And also there are some minor audiohitches with some music tracks in Delta Emerald when running mGBA, which I just thought were connected to the HiFiAudio Patch you applied, but maybe trying a different emulator will fix all that.

I'm sorry, could mostly point you to emulator specific problems...

Edit1: And I always download the latest full ups patch as soon as you post an update. (So 1.1.1 right now, including the minor text fixes from today.)

Edit2: Ohboy, this will be difficult. Since I'm running Mac now, I do not have much choice next to mGBA. The competition on Mac is mostly ancient. And I'm sure this will not help me get rid of bugs (more likely adding more)...

Edit3: Okay, VBA-M is quite recent and Mac supported.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, thanks for your elaborate reply!

Yes, I am absolutely sure the patching works as intended and I do have the correct ROM.
    But I know from the Mega Blue thread, that you are using a different emulator compared to me. You see, I am a big mGBA fan ever since Endrift, its programmer, resolved some very weird behaviour when running certain vanilla ROMs. I originally used VirtualBoyAdvance until a couple of years ago and was quite frustrated with it at the time. But maybe I need to have a look at an alternative, if it is too much of a hassle for you to test against mGBA.

I know Mega Blue won't even start for me...

And also there are some minor audiohitches with some music tracks in Delta Emerald when running mGBA, which I just thought were connected to the HiFiAudio Patch you applied, but maybe trying a different emulator will fix all that.

I'm sorry, could mostly point you to emulator specific problems...

Edit1: And I always download the latest full ups patch as soon as you post an update. (So 1.1.1 right now, including the minor text fixes from today.)

Edit2: Ohboy, this will be difficult. Since I'm running Mac now, I do not have much choice next to mGBA. The competition on Mac is mostly ancient. And I'm sure this will not help me get rid of bugs (more likely adding more)...

Edit3: Okay, VBA-M is quite recent and Mac supported.

I'm sorry this is causing you so much trouble. When developing this hack, I never even had a thought that some things will not work on some emulators, let alone mGBA which people call the most accurate one. And no, it's totally not a problem for me to test it on mGBA, but I doubt I will be able to fix any emulator specific problems.

And yeah, VBA-M should work fine, it's the one I'm using.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    No problem at all. Hacking is difficult and a couple of years ago I could only dream of anything like this or like any patch on pokecommunity.

If it were not too problematic for you, I would very much like you to take a look at the Protector crash in mGBA. Maybe its easy to resolve. ^^ But I don't want to annoy you with it too much. I'm far too thankful for the entire project. :)
    (Also... the Mega Blue intro sequence crash... maybe...?) xD

I assume the Torkoal crash is related to the battle engine upgrade, which is also why I did not report it immediately. My guess is, you wouldn't be able to fix it even if you had a look.

But as always: I love this project! I'm onto the Battle Frontier facilities now. If I find anything new, I'll report it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Hey so I wanted to know what emulator you guys use for this. I'm used to playing everything on VBA but it doesn't seem to work with this one. I also found another Delta Emerald Hack which from what I can see works with VBA but is different from this hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    How do I make trading or link battle work? It gets a communication error whenever I try using multiplayer features. Do I need something like 1st badge/levels? Or is it not supported or still being fixed?
    I would like to battle and trade with a friend though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    Hey so I wanted to know what emulator you guys use for this. I'm used to playing everything on VBA but it doesn't seem to work with this one. I also found another Delta Emerald Hack which from what I can see works with VBA but is different from this hack.

Hey Truelink64,
    As discussed by STikER and me above, the recommended emulator is VBA-M at this point in time. It is what STikER uses.
    I myself and others try our luck with mGBA, as it is considered the more accurate emulator. However, it appears that there are some crashes currently only occurring in mGBA when doing very specific things. (Mega Blue won't start at all; Torkoal crash in Fiery Path; Protector crash in bag)

Years
  • Hey so I wanted to know what emulator you guys use for this. I'm used to playing everything on VBA but it doesn't seem to work with this one. I also found another Delta Emerald Hack which from what I can see works with VBA but is different from this hack.

I can confirm two emulators working well with the hack - VBA-M for PC and MyBoy! for Android. I use both of them and so far they work fine.
    How do I make trading or link battle work? It gets a communication error whenever I try using multiplayer features. Do I need something like 1st badge/levels? Or is it not supported or still being fixed?
    I would like to battle and trade with a friend though.

Trading should be working as how it was in the original game. I personally use MyBoy! emulator for Android for trading, as it seems like it's one of the most stable in this regard. I haven't tested whether it's working on other emulators or not, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
    And always make backups of your save files before using link features. Just in case if something goes wrong.

Also a quick update: Net Ball text error is fixed! Download a quick patch for your Delta Emerald below or redownload the full patch from the main post.
    And I installed mGBA to see Protector and Torkoal bugs myself. And I did. And I have no idea what's causing it. I'll try to fix it, but it's highly unlikely that I will. The same goes for Mega Blue's titlescreen freeze.

Attachments

• Delta Emerald v1.1.1 Quickfix 2.ips
      26 bytes · Views: 1
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2020
    So I downloaded and played the latest patch posted here. I used _myboy_ as emulator and the latest patch. I tested to see the bug that was reported here.

The bug I encountered only is the Rhyperior sprite. The protector is working.
    https://imgur.com/5j0XMJo

And I caught torkoal in Fiery path to test in battle. The game seems okay, no problem was encountered. https://imgur.com/6cn4P4I

About mystery gift in Pokemart, it is fine.
    https://imgur.com/0PVMxZp

It seems some reported issues is caused by emulator that people using.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    Also a quick update: Net Ball text error is fixed! Download a quick patch for your Delta Emerald below or redownload the full patch from the main post.
    And I installed mGBA to see Protector and Torkoal bugs myself. And I did. And I have no idea what's causing it. I'll try to fix it, but it's highly unlikely that I will. The same goes for Mega Blue's titlescreen freeze.

Thanks for the update!
    And nice of you to try and fix it. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    So I downloaded and played the latest patch posted here. I used _myboy_ as emulator and the latest patch. I tested to see the bug that was reported here.

The bug I encountered only is the Rhyperior sprite. The protector is working.
    https://imgur.com/5j0XMJo

And I caught torkoal in Fiery path to test in battle. The game seems okay, no problem was encountered. https://imgur.com/6cn4P4I

Yeah, they appear to be exclusive to mGBA. But great that they work for you. I haven't been in the position to have a rhyperior yet, so I can't check for the sprite issue. But I might just go and get VBA-M, although maybe only to use the protector so I can have my bag functionality back. ^^

About mystery gift in Pokemart, it is fine.
    https://imgur.com/0PVMxZp

This bug was fixed in one of the updates and was not emulator specific. Btw, thank you STikER, for fixing that, I already caught all the starters (I can't believe I just used "caught" and "starters" in the same sentence (although I just did that in Sword a couple of weeks ago too)). :D

It seems some reported issues is caused by emulator that people using.

Yup, maybe that is why some people went on to decompilation hacking. Emulators are interpreters and are not exact. And by decompiling, modifying and recompiling maybe some of the unintended side-effects can be avoided.

Edit: It would be interesting to see whether these bugs also occur on actual hardware. If not, they are actually bugs of the emulator, which normally are just not invoked by vanilla ROMs.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Well, of course you can! Sylveon is actually number 700 in the National Dex in Delta Emerald, and 99 new Pokémon slots were added to make space for Megas, Gen 4+ evolutions, Deoxys Formes and Alola Forms.

😍 Wow that's amazing sir

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2020
    Hey STikER, thanks for this amazing hack. You got me to play Pokémon again!

I'd like to report a bug with salamence. Upon mega evolving it's stats are reduced significantly. It would be great if you can fix this.

Thanks!

Years
  • Version 1.1.2 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • Features
      • Slot machine's colors are changed to the ones from Ruby (I just think red suits them better than green)
    • Bugfixes
      • Some missing Mega Stones locations are fixed (for example, Ampharosite)
      • Rhyperior's backsprite is fixed
      • Mega Salamence's stats are fixed
      • Even more text error fixes

For more details and download link - check the main post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2020
    So I restart again (yeah to play it again).
    But before that, may I know what level or any requirement to learn mega sceptile the move dragon pulse?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Just start playing your hack 😁

1. can i catch starter in route 101 after activating mystery gift?

2. How to get breloom with technician ability?

Last edited:
    Back