• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Detergent [v1.4.1]

Years
  • Can I ask why you removed the female character, and when she's being put back in?

Well, to put it simply, I could not find the event of the Insurgence intro in the code so I just took the nearest option, said option was a Debug script so it skipped over gender selection. I tried fixing it but ultimately gave up due to said gender selection not affecting the core gameplay (other than the correct pronouns here and there) and I wanted to focus more on a challenging/puzzle-like battles than to care about cosmetics.

TLDR; laziness and not finding the right event made so girl was snapped, don't think I will add it back since its pointless, unless some outside reason happens or something I dunno.

Years
  • I'm sorry, but this is not a priority right now- I took the easy way at the start, as I said earlier, which involved removing one of the genders to skip the intro. And adding it back would take more work than I have time for now. After adding all the gameplay tweaks I want (note that the postgame areas have not been reworked yet) I could go back to this point, if I still have motivation for that (don't know if you noticed, but I barely updated Detergent in the last couple months)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How to get the Mega stone for delta charizard?
    What is the password for the Lighthouse in Selene City?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I can't find the magic carpet in the Holon Pyramid.
    Where is the magic carpet then?

Years
  • Hello! yes, this project is very much still alive, believe it or not. This update is pretty big, so I was thinking I should explain the new things more, compared to the other smaller updates.

- Regigigas quest has been added.
    So yeah, the main thing of this update, the regiquest tm, basically just adding all of the Holoen arc with a nice twist at the end for extra suffering!
    - Smoother EV inflaction.
    So, in earlier builds, Detergent was just 3 gyms so I wanted to showcase/test all of the AI features, one of them being the "no EV cap", thus the EVs went pretty crazy after the third gym, so I fixed that in this update, the AI is now less bulky/strong for the most of the game. (also took the chance and made so the AI also has a scaling moveset, so in earlier in the game instead of a random earth power you get a random mud bomb)
    - New Pokemon and new Deltas.
    I added new Pokémon for the regiquest, it's pretty obvious what some of they are but I won't spoil them for you here.
    Also please let me know if these new Pokémon are either too underpowered or too overpowered!
    - Mod support, system similar to Pokémon Empyrean.
    Modception baby!
    Since vanilla Insurgence never opened itself for mod support outside of just boring cosmetic stuff, I added it myself (Thanks, Stochastic). As for how it works, its pretty simple, just drop compatible .rb files into the Mods folder inside of the Data folder. I am not responsible for any bugs and glitches .rb mods create, as such if you have any bugs, please remove any mods from that folder before reporting it.

- An optional sidequest in the postgame.
    Just as it sounds, an nice optional sidequest for people that want broken moves and/or broken items while having some 'fun'.
    - New Flinch System.
    Something that always bothered me greatly was how flinching cheese is one of the easiest ways of breaking the game (that's the reason rock slide previously lost its flinch chance), as such I reworked it, here an example of how it works:
    [Fake out -> Flinch -> Air Slash -> Can't Flinch -> Air Slash -> Can Flinch]
    - Option to Move items between pokemon has been added.
    - Adds more music. More music is always better, Detergent's Unoriginal Sound Track grows bigger every update!
    - Bug Fixes.
    - Propper Changelogs
    - Added a NPC which tells you what hidden egg move your pokemon has.
    - Balance changes. (Buffs n' Nerfs, as per usual)
    - More Competitive-minded Items obtainable in the Main-game. (I know I will regret this, check Items.txt for their location)
    - New items.
    - Updated sprites. (Thanks Huber and Byomi!)

Years
  • Not as big of an update, but still a notable one. And don't worry, I'm always messing with Detergent, so updates are always being worked on.

v1.3.2 Detailed Changelog:
    Spoiler:

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi I think I found a bug where in middle of any battle when I use a revive on my fainted Pokémon and it did not work and when I use a full restore the same result it did not heal Pokémon so I do not know know if it a bug is just the part of the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    What he meant was that more important stuff needs to be fixed first and that this isn't a priority. Because in the end its just a cosmetic and a working game is more important than that in my opinion.
    And they are "accusations" because the female protagonist was already added back in, which you could see if you tried out the game after version 1.3.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hi I ran into a small problem my Pokémon do not evolved at their right level like my metang it level 55 should evolved to metagross at level 45 and I have the same problem with my Fraxure it level is 55 and should evolved to Haxorus level 48 and the same result at my delta Whirlipede it level at 53 and should evolved at level 30 to delta Scolipede.

Years
  • That is very intentional, pseudo legendaries evolve very late game and some deltas have their evolution postponed for balancing reasons. Next time check "PBS - pokemon.txt" in the changelog folder, everything is there

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    If it wasn't for the forced set style, hard level caps and no healing items in battle I would really love to give this a try because I really like Insurgence. I feel like those should have been optional on the Vanilla mode and forced on the harder mode. Also what happened to Eevee?

Back