• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Detergent [v1.4.1]

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    Has anyone actually beaten Audrey (2nd battle in Abyssal base), lmao?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    Somehow beat Audrey (2nd battle) despite the balancing being absolute garbage. Unnecessary boosts.
    - Audrey has 3 megas??? 4 if you count Primal Kyogre.
    - What's with her Swampert having Glacial Lance (which is Calyrex-I's SIGNATURE move)?
    - What's with her Crawdaunt having Wicked Blow (which is Urshifu's SIGNATURE move)?
    - What's with her Swampert having SAP SIPPER as an ability?
    - What's with her M-Crawdaunt (80 base speed) outspeeding my fastest mons, INCLUDING a goddamn Hawlucha? This problem was in Harmony's battle where her Delta TREVENANT was outspeeding everything INCLUDING A DELTA DUGTRIO (120 BASE SPEED).

The game actually felt averagely balanced (not too much but it was playable) UNTIL the Harmony battle. Now there's just way too many unnecessary boosts to trainers and their mons that make absolutely NO sense. The difficulty feels artificial since most of the pokemon aren't even what they should be (ie, Audrey's Swampert and Crawdaunt). Also adding to the fact that you've literally taken away VALID strategies (ie, Counter/Mirror Coat, etc) so we literally have to rely on BSing our way through by soft resetting and hoping that the AI makes a bad play. If you really want to make a difficult game, go learn from Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvenation, Desolation and Ashen Frost. Those games are difficult, fun AND actually feel like Pokemon, they have no bs artificial nonsense to them that this game brings but they still manage to make it difficult.

Years
    • Seen today
    Somehow beat Audrey (2nd battle) despite the balancing being absolute garbage. Unnecessary boosts.
    - Audrey has 3 megas??? 4 if you count Primal Kyogre.
    - What's with her Swampert having Glacial Lance (which is Calyrex-I's SIGNATURE move)?
    - What's with her Crawdaunt having Wicked Blow (which is Urshifu's SIGNATURE move)?
    - What's with her Swampert having SAP SIPPER as an ability?
    - What's with her M-Crawdaunt (80 base speed) outspeeding my fastest mons, INCLUDING a goddamn Hawlucha? This problem was in Harmony's battle where her Delta TREVENANT was outspeeding everything INCLUDING A DELTA DUGTRIO (120 BASE SPEED).

The game actually felt averagely balanced (not too much but it was playable) UNTIL the Harmony battle. Now there's just way too many unnecessary boosts to trainers and their mons that make absolutely NO sense. The difficulty feels artificial since most of the pokemon aren't even what they should be (ie, Audrey's Swampert and Crawdaunt). Also adding to the fact that you've literally taken away VALID strategies (ie, Counter/Mirror Coat, etc) so we literally have to rely on BSing our way through by soft resetting and hoping that the AI makes a bad play. If you really want to make a difficult game, go learn from Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvenation, Desolation and Ashen Frost. Those games are difficult, fun AND actually feel like Pokemon, they have no bs artificial nonsense to them that this game brings but they still manage to make it difficult.

Out of Curiousity, how did you win that battle exactly?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Out of Curiousity, how did you win that battle exactly?

Generally, mostly grass (aside from swampert, obviously) and don't bring fire-types.
    Going onto more specific territory:
    Delta Aurorus and Delta Tentacruel are both hard carries in such fight, Reliable STAB max power Flail from sturdy Delta CakeCrustle can take out at least a single opponent, Delta Raichu with Light Ball is a powerful lad too.
    If you want to abuse the weather too go ahead with your water deltas. You can also swap the weather out for around 2 turns since you dont have weather rocks at that point.

Years
  • Understood Dhaen, when i inevitably rework the game for a better level curve, I will most likely nerf Kyogre lady, as its the hardest fight ingame (if you dont count e4, that is) and to answer your M-Crab question, it has 252 Speed evs, a Jolly nature and a 1.3x boost from its item. Quite Speedy kek.

And at last, I know all the games you mentioned have a very good AI coded in (aside from the last one, never heard of it) and such thing is quite unnobitanable in Detergent, last time i tried to integrate such AI, the script broke and simply became a RNGfest, with all moves being picked at random, so don't think i will try to do that again for a long time.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    The game may be a walking BH meta, but that's what makes it so fun, or at least for me. I didn't do a delta-mono for the game, I utilized everything else that was provided and I was still able to beat all the major in-game fights (minus e4 gave up on them for now). If you're using every pokemon I recommend users of the ability sturdy. Sawk and Magnezone were hard carries for some major fights.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there any plans to add a version with all the normal changes with the "normal" version of insurgance? I'd like to do a hardcore nuzlocke but even normal mode of this game seems way too hard. I'd like to try with the battles from normal insurgance if that is all possible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    Understood Dhaen, when i inevitably rework the game for a better level curve, I will most likely nerf Kyogre lady, as its the hardest fight ingame (if you dont count e4, that is) and to answer your M-Crab question, it has 252 Speed evs, a Jolly nature and a 1.3x boost from its item. Quite Speedy kek.

And at last, I know all the games you mentioned have a very good AI coded in (aside from the last one, never heard of it) and such thing is quite unnobitanable in Detergent, last time i tried to integrate such AI, the script broke and simply became a RNGfest, with all moves being picked at random, so don't think i will try to do that again for a long time.

Spoiler:

Tbf, Field effects can be abused by both battlers and it's generally a very good idea that they thought of. My main problem is how they somehow get M-Ray's ability to mega evolve spontaneously, ie multiple megas and megas able to hold items.

Years
  • Is there any chance a list for the Trainers will be available without having to convert the data file? (which I haven't been able to do) Just feel like it'd make it easier for planning and strategizing and such.

Years
  • I prefer to keep them as "secrets", so the player needs to find out what the opponent has in a few reckless runs, but in the discord server there is a unnofficial changelog for the trainers, @/Ionized

Years
  • Not as big of an update, but still a notable one. And don't worry, I'm always messing with Detergent, so updates are basically always being worked on.

- Taen Final Quest and Damien Quest have been added.
    - Fixes some Deltas not being able to learn their hidden egg move.
    - Pressing "U" heals your Party.
    - Pressing "I" opens the PC.
    - You can Skip Legend Animations, the on and off switch is on Options.
    - You can turn off Bike/Surf special BGM, the on and off switch is on Options.
    - Repels where buffed.
    - EXP. All has been pseudo added. Keep your EXP Share in the bag and it will act like it.
    - Surf is used by simply walking into a water tile. (You also don't dismount your bike when you stop surfing)
    - Added an option to make Mono-Type runs easier to start.
    - Healing Items can be used inbattle once again, in Vanilla mode. (PS; Limit of 4 items per trainer battle!)
    - Player can choose Switch style once again, in Vanilla mode.
    - Freeze reworked to be a Special-type Burn.
    - Sylvan checks for your Delta Pokedex rather than your NatDex.
    - "Wild Pokemon" battles where changed to be more special.
    - Added Statues to Torren's Pokemon League.
    - You get Premier Balls for every 10 balls purchase (example: if you buy 90 Great Balls, you get 9 Premier Balls)
    - 99 items limit per purchase is increased to 999
    - Moves:
    Spoiler:

- Abilities:
    Spoiler:

- Items:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Err..
    I think the "Healing Items can be used inbattle once again, in Vanilla mode" isn't working properly.
    It says "four items have already been used" even when I haven't used any items....
    Other than that, really enjoying the game!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hello guys. I really need help and i don't know where else to turn to.

I got a game error right when i quick saved and now my save file got corrupted. If anybody can send me a save file through mediafire i would really apreciate it. It was around the point where you beat the Groudon guy right before the 8th badge.

Thanks again. I really don't want to start another playtrhough. it will just suck out the fun of it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    Hi

I think I'm running into a bug, I just beat Taen at HQ Perfection, Nora offered me a ride back to Mount Rose Base, but when I get there she's not there, she's still at HQ Perfection. It's supposed to unlock the moment when Damian opens the way to Mount Rose. I am totally stuck.
    Do you know what the problem is?
    (This mode is really cool, good work!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    I managed to use version 1.3.2 just to unlock myself and came back on the 1.4.1 later. Thanks for your quick response and keep up the great work!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2022
    Does this game have a Mega Weavile? I hope so because so few romhacks/fangames add a mega to it and I'm disappointed

Back