• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I've found the route of the problem...

Essentials v16.1 or v16 is broken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think from viewing things in the past, the newest version of Essentials always some bugs in it.

Anyway, I decided to give things a try this morning I can confirm the errors looneyman is getting. I tried your save file and I get exactly what looneyman gets. I try starting a fresh new game and then after putting in the name (default and custom), I get the same exact error.

A side question for you Nickalooose, if Essentials itself isn't the problem, do you think the name of the save file is what is causing this error? All Pokemon games I've played through RMXP have a save file name of Game.rxdata. Did you change somewhere in the code for MOTLP to look for MOTLP.rxdata or something in order to load a save file? The reason why I ask these questions is because I tried naming your attached save file as Game.rxdata and MOTLP did not recognize the save file.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I understand all concerns, but after I got a few problems with this exact error message, I took a look at all my code and can't find this problem... So... I took to an older version of the game and compared and I found the problem in my game... But it still doesn't work... So I tried a fresh copy of Essentials to make sure it's a fault of mine... It is not, Essentials has broken something, I haven't had time to look through that yet, but I've put the error in the bugs section so maybe Maruno can figure the problem out.

As for your other concern, the reason for the save game name change is so that you can easily find the save without searching through every Essentials game you will play... You can just search through your computer.

MOTLP will not find any "Game.rxdata" files anymore.

With that said, until a fix is sorted for v16, I may have to revert back to v15 in the next update... Which I don't want to do.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Then don't, there's so many features you're adding in that backporting might create more problems.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That's the thing keeping me from doing so, I'm sure I'll find a fix for it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 23, 2018
    Is anyone else getting an error immediately after choosing the protagonists name?
    I'm getting an error message followed by the game shutting down. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Is anyone else getting an error immediately after choosing the protagonists name?
    I'm getting an error message followed by the game shutting down. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This has already been addressed, its being worked on

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Thanks for answering another query Looneyman, you're a star.

Alas, I have found the problem and I have a temporary fix, until the next version of Essentials is released and I can compare the 2 versions myself... I have tested it and you can most certainly start the game (I only tested up until the conversation with the first NPC) so the fix may cause other problems (I doubt it, but it's best to iterate, right?!)... However, it's late right now, so I'm going to go to sleep and I will upload the next version tomorrow, yippee. (I hope nothing else pops up for a while now though lol *sigh*)

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Download Pokémon Dreams: Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon v1.0

If you find any bugs, don't forget to post them... This version should introduce all of the things I've said before... But for convenience.
    Nickalooose said:
    *Update*
    New buildings - Some cities/towns, now have an added building that you can access later in the game... These buildings will be visible, but inaccessible, some cases block by trees, NPC's, locked doors, but any building that has a door, will be accessible at one point in the game.

Ups and Downs in stats - You may have met an NPC called Melanie, she may have told you about area specific stat boosts or reductions, in the previous version, they were not active, in this version, they will be fully active, keep a close eye on your team now.

Pause Menu - There has been a slight change in the Pause Menu that now sees a "controls" menu section so you can check all new button functions and button combinations more easily.

Mini Game - Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad is in full effect... Almost 80% of NPC's can be challenged to a game of Triple Triad, playing NPC's can vary in difficulty through out the region... Each NPC has a small, but varied deck they use as to acquire cards to your liking more easily... In the region there are Triad Quest Leaders; These guys have been picked to test your abilities, before you can challenge the Triad Masters; Who are very tough and hold the more rarer cards... Not all Triad Masters hold Legendary Cards, some NPC's hold rare cards too.

The way you "win" cards from opponents has been changed... If you played Triple Triad in Essentials before, winning a game of Triple Triad gave you a random card from the opponents deck, so acquiring that card you want, could potentially be difficult... Now, you can pick from the 5 cards played, if the match allows you to (if the match is not a random gains match anyway), in some cases, you may not be able to pick any, but you'll get the hang of it eventually, I hope.

As I spoke earlier in the post, there are now Legendary Cards you can acquire, these cards are called, Player Cards... These player cards have characters that appear in the game (not renamed like the you, the hero, but their name that they would be normally.), there are 8 Player Cards, 4 of which are Legendary... To gain these cards, you must complete a bunch of quests to acquire them... The remaining 4 Player Cards can be acquired from NPC's.

A guide will be released on how and where to find Triad Quest Leaders and Triad Masters as well as how to gain the special/rarest cards.

New Marts - Card shops *gasp*, you can now buy triad cards from a shop... However, if you've played Essentials Triple Triad and bought cards... Essentials allows you to purchase cards of "seen" Pokémon in your PokéDex... My way, you can now visit a Pokémon Triad Card Mart (there are 5 Card Marts in the region), and buy booster packs... There are 4 packets available:
    Booster Pack > Trainer Pack > Elite Pack > Legendary Pack.
    Each pack from the former to the latter, has a much better rate to find better cards... These packs are quite expensive and range from $5,000-$22,000, dependent on the town/city.

Following Starters Move - In the previous version the follower just slides around the map, with no animation... The follower now walks on the spot.

New Item - Meteor Rock (description: "Great power is oozing from this meteor rock.")... Can you guess what's being worked on here?!

Sorry for so much information, I just kept writing and writing... But that's some of the features, obviously, this doesn't include the new Gen VI stuff that comes with Essentials among other things... I'll try to get the next version out as quickly as possible, I'm just finalizing a few things before the release... Keep an eye on this space.
    Good Luck and sorry for any inconveniences.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    also found a bug eveytime i save and reload the game i get the save file is corrupt or incompatible with this game and it makes me restart is there a way to fix this

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Hey, I like your game. I would like to use the same sprites and scripts etc. for the Evolution of Magnetilo to Magneton. Its the best I´ve seen so far. If you could tell me how you did that with the Animation of Magnetilo evolving to Magneton, I would be happy. Thanks in advance. If you have more Evolutions like this and could probably tell me how to do, I´m a noob to this but I understand quickly, when someone explain me how to do. I'll be thankfully, I'd like to put these Evolution-Method to my game and would also credit you as well, for this. Please let me know if you want to help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    also found a bug eveytime i save and reload the game i get the save file is corrupt or incompatible with this game and it makes me restart is there a way to fix this

You are right, the problem has been fixed, a really silly thing on my part.

Hey, I like your game. I would like to use the same sprites and scripts etc. for the Evolution of Magnetilo to Magneton. Its the best I´ve seen so far. If you could tell me how you did that with the Animation of Magnetilo evolving to Magneton, I would be happy. Thanks in advance. If you have more Evolutions like this and could probably tell me how to do, I´m a noob to this but I understand quickly, when someone explain me how to do. I'll be thankfully, I'd like to put these Evolution-Method to my game and would also credit you as well, for this. Please let me know if you want to help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to help you, but Magnemite evolves the exact same way as normal (by level), but my new way is a new code which is connected through the Party screen (among other scripts)... If you'd like to PM me, I'll help you create an evolution method that can achieve the same thing, but there is a whole section on the Pokémon Essentials Wiki that explains how to do the same thing.

Download Pokémon Dreams: Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon v1.0

This version fixes the Save File Corruption.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That's not a problem, if there is a problem, I will attempt to fix it as soon as possible.

Enjoy as much as you can.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Another bug found on trying to look at pokemon it crashes the game and then breaks the saves I get this error when trying to look at pokemon http://imgur.com/y2x4QQUand when i reload the game i get this errorhttp://imgur.com/QB1hEbni hope this can be fixed and that i wont need to restart agion lol but if i do no biggy im starting to think this game dose not want me to play it lol

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm playing again, glad to see a fix was made so soon! I got past the intro without issue and I didn't know you enabled the other starters already as I got Bulbasaur.

One small thing I noticed is that after using my pokedex's EV scan feature, my bulbasaur appears to already have one special attack EV even though I hadn't battled with it yet and after battling with it isn't recording EVs at all

EDIT: I just realized my EV issues are wrong, I saw on the description that they are counted if a pokemon loses in a battle rather than wins XP but I discovered another bug all the same. I tried to battle the fisherman on route 1 and the game crashed.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    No problem, I aim to fix the problems as soon as I can.

However, I don't get a crash when talking to the Fisherman, only a bug, which is now fixed, but it should effect all trainers, not just him.

If you're looking at the PokéDex... It only --->displays the EV gained<--- when defeating that Pokémon in battle... It doesn't tell you how many EV's the Pokémon has... To see how many EV's a Pokémon has, you must:
    Pause The Game > Click The PokéBall(item 2) > Click A Pokémon > Click Summary > Go To Page 3
    Ev's are the (if applicable) green number to the left of the current Pokémons stats.

You can potentially start the game again and receive a different starter, hopefully this will create a little mystery and give the game a little more randomness, especially since you acquire the starter around 10 minutes in to the game... But that's not to be worried, since you can capture most of the starters anyway.

EDIT: Because Essentials gets upgraded and slight changes to code, sometimes errors appear that weren't there in the last version but I will hope to rectify them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
    Back