• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Paralyze heals still don't work, it just says "Give" and "toss", no "Use" option. Also the move tutor in High End city doesn't teach anything after exploiting his token collection like in the walkthrough.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You know, I don't understand Essentials sometimes... Parlyze Heal is spelt differently everywhere... I'll need to go through PBS file and scripts and change all this, I think I might remove Paralyze Heal for the time being.

If your Pokémon did not learn the move after using the move tutor, then it's a fault with Essentials, maybe it's been fixed in 15.1, I don't know, because the game only uses the standard move tutor scripts that come with Essentials... I'll look in to it... Can you tell me your Trainer ID and in-game name so I can sort you out with replacement tokens as a gesture of good will.

That's no problem ctails, train hard and find all musical cards and your Pokémon will be of great use to you.

EDIT:
    Ignore the last update (0.5.4), a new one is available... And will be uploaded soon.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    My in-game name is Clay (named after a hero I created for some multi-crossover RPs I've made with friends), and my ID is 17700.

Also something I noticed for some time is that the starter's overworld sprite never changes as it evolves, is this intentional? I figured I'd bring it up. And I can't remember if this was intentional or not but when I cancel evolution I get caught in a loop where a pokemon continues gaining experience and attempting to evolve. I think I recall this was intentional due to the way evolution works in this game but I can't be sure.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    The follower not changing has been brought to my attention and is fixed in the next version.
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the Evolution thing, do you cancel the evolve in battle or after?

EDIT: I've tested the Evolution in battle and after battle, I cancelled both times and it works fine, so I'm going to need more specifics on that one... Are you sure you didn't gain enough EXP to go up a couple levels, in which case, it will of course ask you to evolve multiple times.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    during the battle usually that may be the thing. I hadn't cancelled evolution in a while so I let my pokemon evolve when cued to be safe. You might have fixed that issue in a previous patch from what I've seen so I wont worry about it for now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Other things to report:

- Holding up when going to the second part of Roughneck City causes you to skip it and go to the third part.
    - Sweet Scent as a field move does not work.
    - Coming out of the mayor's house in High End City causes you to come out of the house to the right of the mayor's.
    - Going to a Magnemite's Summary Screen in the battle against Muk causes the game to glitch on the screens. Doesn't crash the game...
    - In the battle with Magnemite you can't throw Poke Balls as the game thinks you have one already.
    - Battling the Magnemite causes the game to crash with a full party?
    - Leaving the Power Plant in the middle of the event prevents the game from moving forward as the event resets itself incorrectly...
    - Speaking to your starter on the overworld map in an event square causes an event to not function properly. One of the squares in the plant forces you to stay, but timing it right allows you to bypass it.
    - Going into the Power Plant after clearing out the Grimer and Muk has Kane repeating the same thing infinitely preventing the player from doing anything else.

EDIT: I realize what needs to be done now for the gym event... I forgot to continue going beyond the Muk event and left the power plant instead... However since Kane in the power plant infinitely repeats himself upon reentering the Power Plant, I cannot finish things correctly. Nickalooose, I am going to attach my save file for you if there is anything you can do on your end. I know you have been giving us a lot of fixes lately and I do appreciate it to be able to enjoy playing the game.

Attachments

• Game.zip
      24.2 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hello again Ctails, it's great to see a nice report from you again... I'm sorry to see your experiencing a break and cannot continue though... Hopefully, you haven't continued your game... Sorry I've been absence for a bit, like I said in a previous post, I've been unwell... However, with yours and others help, I'm slowly fixing everything to be perfect.

So we come to your list.
    1) You're right about this one and I found this myself too... You'll be surprised to know, I can't fix this one, there is actually nothing I can do about it lol... I am looking though.
    2) Sweet Scent works as well as it can now... The problem is that it conflicted with the Pause Menus functions, so will a few other moves, if you find them, let me know.
    3) Silly little eventing problem... this has been pointed out to ---- before, but it appears he didn't fix it... I have done though.
    4) I'm not entirely sure what the problem is you've found.
    5) You will never capture these Magnemite I'm afraid.
    6) What's the error for this one? (Battling the Magnemite causes the game to crash with a full party?)
    7) Hopefully this has been fixed, although you've passed the situation, maybe someone else will shed some light.
    8) You mean an event that turns you face to face with your Pokémon?
    9) Fixed, you can now re-enter the Power Plant.

Are you having trouble with this gym? You've worked out how to bypass the "glitch" which is excellent... do you need help otherwise?

So there are a few problems that need attention and I've deemed it fit enough for another public release.
    Pokémon Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon Version 0.5.6 Download
    Please Download And Enjoy.

Edit:
    For those of you with evolved starters... You will notice the game might freeze for a couple seconds during first game play... This is the game checking for some errors, it will be fine, once it's finished and your starters follower should update too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I haven't continued on past High End City. I'm not one to skip something unless it's really well hidden.

As for my report on the errors, let me address them:
    1) I'm not sure why you can skip that one part of the city. Maybe it has to do with the map connections?
    2) I'll be on the look out for those as well. I was seeing if a Pokémon was actually in Golden Valley and thought I would try to draw it out with Sweet Scent. I noticed that the game did absolutely nothing.
    3) Graphically it just didn't make sense for that to happen. I know normal humans don't have the ability to come out of someone else's door. xD
    4) I didn't capture a screenshot of it, but the game did not display Magnemite's summary. When I exited the screen, the entire background disappeared and used my Pokémon screen as the new background. I forgot how I eventually fixed this on my own.
    5) Fair enough. I don't have any plans to use Magnezone at this time, so it's fine for me.
    6) When I chose to fight Magnemite and defeated it in battle, the game crashed. I had thought that upon defeating it that it would join your party. Then I believed the game crashed because you did not have room in the party for it and there was no way to put in Bill's PC. Unless something else is wrong with the Magnemite (perhaps looneyman can try it out if he hasn't reached that point yet), I'm not sure what was causing the game to crash.
    7) I was fortunate to have saved between the Muk and where the game forces you to turn around. What I found using 8 is that if you talk to your starter on the overworld just as you enter that square, the game won't force you back a step and you will be able to bypass it entirely. When I exited and reentered the Power Plant, the three engineers and Muk where at their default positions which was unable to trigger the Magnemite and Magneton coming.
    Going on my fair knowledge of RPG Maker, I believe our starter has the same priority level as player characters for events. If that is true and the event that forces your player to move back 1 square is at a lower priority than player characters, then the game will display how your starter is doing over that of forcing you back one square. RPG Maker is finnicky with multiple events taking place on the same square so it will always go with the event that is of higher priority.
    8) This is what I explained in my last paragraph. My 7 and 8 go hand-in-hand, so just to reiterate for others, the level of priority for your starter is higher than some other events. Thus the status of your starter will take precedence over any event with a lesser priority.
    9) I just tested that and Kane does not repeat himself. That was what was preventing me from moving on. I thank you greatly for that. I understand that you're not feeling well, so I can patiently wait.

I'm good with the gym, I just missed a step which is in the Power Plant. Before when we entered the Power Plant, Kane would just spout the same thing over and over again and I could not progress. And I've noticed that our starter's overworld sprite has changed if it has evolved. I like that.

That said, I will continue on and see what other bugs, graphical fixes, and other oddities I come across. Till then, thank you for everything Nickalooose.

UPDATE:

I hate to be a nuisance about things preventing me from moving on in the game, but I found something that prevents us from moving deeper into the Power Plant. There are several squares that our character cannot pass through. I'm not sure what is "occupying" those squares as I can't walk in them at all. I've highlighted these squares in red for your convenience. I'll post the pictures in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

There are probably other squares like this, but because I can not pass the two squares in the second picture, I cannot properly test that. Also, the Antidote in the 3rd picture crashes the game and gives the error code: "Script: 'Game_Character_1' line 206:NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass"

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    We've fixed the building now, all steps should be walkable, all items retrievable, all events workable... So hopefully we've nailed it this time.

We also fixed the Magnemite/Magneton problem, it only stopped recently due to a change in the Pokémon characteristics so some will be effected, some won't... I think from version2.8 previously... I've granted you a little cameo because of this problem... To access, step onto an open tile so the game refreshes.

Also, there are many graphical fixes in the new version, in particular, the one you pointed out has finally been fixed.

I think once you've downloaded the new version you will continue the game and be able to challenge the leader... There has recently been a problem with the event, hope all goes well with you.

Pokémon Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon Version 0.5.9 Download

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    We've fixed the building now, all steps should be walkable, all items retrievable, all events workable... So hopefully we've nailed it this time.

We also fixed the Magnemite/Magneton problem, it only stopped recently due to a change in the Pokémon characteristics so some will be effected, some won't... I think from version2.8 previously... I've granted you a little cameo because of this problem... To access, step onto an open tile so the game refreshes.

Also, there are many graphical fixes in the new version, in particular, the one you pointed out has finally been fixed.

I think once you've downloaded the new version you will continue the game and be able to challenge the leader... There has recently been a problem with the event, hope all goes well with you.

I am able to progress with the game now and I have completed the second gym. Also, thanks for the cameo, I really appreciate it!

A few things I wanted to point out:

First, the Super Potion and Great Ball inside the Power Plant crash the game just like the Antidote did.

Second, I like the randomizing item in the Power Plant. Reminds me of those Super Mario World item boxes that would change powerups every few seconds. I like that touch.

Last has to do with using an item in battle. If one attempts to use an item, such as a Lemonade for example, but you back out of the menu before using the item, then the game skips your entire turn as if you used the item. I had that situation come up in the gym battle trying to heal one of my Pokemon, but I wanted to use a different healing item and lost my turn trying to do so.

Anyway, now that I'm done with High End City, time to make tracks and move on. I'll update this post if I find anything else.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Wow you're really breezing through these gyms, congratulations!

I thought we fixed the items in the Power Plant... I even tested them myself... Maybe I compiled before I tested lol, that sounds like something I'd do... I'll take a look again, but it will more than likely be fixed in the next version regardless... The random items in the Power Plant is also the one and only time you see it, you are right though, I was playing Mario on the Wii when I did that, but the random items started and died with that exact item you see there.

The items in battle thing, I'm not sure I even touched that part, unless it's only gym specific then I might've, or I tried making the game harder by doing that (I doubt it), you never know... However, if it was a gym thing, it might be a problem... I know NuzMode restricts the use of items in battle, maybe this script is causing the normal mode to function weird... Can you clarify that it's all battles and not just gyms?

*Update*
    Here's a sneaky peaky at what I've been working on in and out of all these updates:
    15 New never before seen items.
    item748_zpsocyu2wzt.png
    item747_zps3i4i47av.png
    item749_zpstgf5fmfh.png

5 New Pokémon 'give' additions.
    1 Purpose.

Each of these shards hold a type, here; Water, Fire and Grass respectively... You can give to 1 Pokémon, 5 of these shards, 5 of the same, 5 different ones, it doesn't matter, but only the 5 similar shards will do anything... Once you've added your 5 shards to a Pokémon they will be combined and result in to 1 piece... Each shard has a 1/5th type of power and you need to make the power equal to 1... Once the power equals 1... Your Pokémons Hidden Power will become that of the shards, simple.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Wow you're really breezing through these gyms, congratulations!

I thought we fixed the items in the Power Plant... I even tested them myself... Maybe I compiled before I tested lol, that sounds like something I'd do... I'll take a look again, but it will more than likely be fixed in the next version regardless... The random items in the Power Plant is also the one and only time you see it, you are right though, I was playing Mario on the Wii when I did that, but the random items started and died with that exact item you see there.

The items in battle thing, I'm not sure I even touched that part, unless it's only gym specific then I might've, or I tried making the game harder by doing that (I doubt it), you never know... However, if it was a gym thing, it might be a problem... I know NuzMode restricts the use of items in battle, maybe this script is causing the normal mode to function weird... Can you clarify that it's all battles and not just gyms?

Thanks, but I know there's still more to go in the game. I like my progress so far. In recent days, I actually caught a Starly which is now a Staravia. Since I prefer Staraptor over Pidgeot, Staraptor will now take that spot. If there is a situation where I feel Pidgeot will be better, I will swap the two.

As for the items in the Power Plant, it's good to see everything working. I still like the idea of a randomized slot item in there. More power to you if you can use ideas from other games in different settings.

For using the items in battle, I know that you lose your turn IF you do indeed cancel using an item. Whether it would be a trainer battle, normal battle, or gym battle, it is as I described before. If you do intend to make it harder that way, then that's a good punishment for misclicking on an item then.

The idea of the shards determining Hidden Power type is interesting to say the least. It would give us more flexibility in customizing our movesets for our Pokemon. I still have awhile to go, but currently heading towards Route 06 at this point.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    oooh I like that concept of hidden power, well done

Thank you, I do try to make everything as much user friendly as possible and to make your Pokémon what you want them to be, not what Essentials wants them to be.

Thanks, but I know there's still more to go in the game. I like my progress so far. In recent days, I actually caught a Starly which is now a Staravia. Since I prefer Staraptor over Pidgeot, Staraptor will now take that spot. If there is a situation where I feel Pidgeot will be better, I will swap the two.

As for the items in the Power Plant, it's good to see everything working. I still like the idea of a randomized slot item in there. More power to you if you can use ideas from other games in different settings.

For using the items in battle, I know that you lose your turn IF you do indeed cancel using an item. Whether it would be a trainer battle, normal battle, or gym battle, it is as I described before. If you do intend to make it harder that way, then that's a good punishment for misclicking on an item then.

The idea of the shards determining Hidden Power type is interesting to say the least. It would give us more flexibility in customizing our movesets for our Pokemon. I still have awhile to go, but currently heading towards Route 06 at this point.

I very much doubt you've done everything the game holds thus far, because there are NPC's who require multiple interactions and revisits with... There are times you have to go back on yourself to reveal all parts of the story... Sometimes the main characters appear if you have specific Pokémon, spoken to specific NPC's... Some NPC's can be battled after certain criterias are made... Some NPC's give you items if you've certain Pokémon or badges... So the game has a lot to do, it depends if you can figure them out, generally you can tell who requires more interactions in what they say.

Personally, I'm not too sure which I'd choose out of Pidgeot and Staravia... I'd probably float towards Pidgeot not because of stats or movesets, but because I like Gen 1 Pokémon better than all other Gens, so if I'm at a dilemma, I pick what I like, which again, brings me back to being able to customize your Pokémon yourself, it allows you to use whatever Pokémon you want.

I try to make variety in the game, but some ideas I think are good or fun or whatever, I add them (like the random item ball), but I feel that after I've added them, they are not Pokémon enough... People like to plan their journey and if I remove that by adding too many random items, the players may become distressed... That's not fun.

I haven't looked in to the items in battle problem yet... But it's on my list, I'll get on it as soon as I can.

The hidden power addition I feel brings a new line of abilities to your Pokémon, Essentials only makes Hidden Power Dark or Fighting, my way makes it any other type but Normal or my new types, Fairy etc.

To add to the Hidden Power feature, you can buy shards from a seller, but only if you own that type of Pokémon already... So if you have 10 Pokémon, Caterpie, Machop, Weedle, Pikachu, Charmander, Pidgey, Poochyena, Vulpix, Bulbasaur and Ponyta... These shards will be available to buy:

Bug Shard >->-> Caterpie - Weedle
    Fire Shard >->-> Charmander - Vulpix - Ponyta
    Electric Shard >->-> Pikachu
    Flying Shard >->-> Pidgey
    Fighting Shard >->-> Machop
    Dark Shard >->-> Poochyena
    Grass Shard >->-> Bulbasaur
    Poison Shard >->-> Weedle

So it's not entirely difficult to make them available, but you still are required to capture as many Pokémon as you can to have them available to buy... The prices are yet to be decided but they are available still... The seller at the moment is available later in the game... But I will add sellers that sell specific shards around the region, but the guy in the game at the moment, sells all shards.

Sorry I've not been here very much, I've had errors and visual problems to fix in the game... But it's coming along very nicely... Players are still finding different problems which is good, so they can all be fixed for the future, and once you start the game properly, all bonuses that are given to you will be removed and the game will become much harder, believe me lol.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I understand, there's been a lot of things to go over. We can wait however long it takes for the next version. I'm taking abreak for now, especially since I may have to start a new file with a future release. Hopefully we'll have access to all possible starters soon, even if the next major update doesn't bring them in.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I have been taking things a little more slowly as of late. That's mostly due to other priorities that need to come first. Anyway...

I understand there is a lot to do in this game. I feel that PD:MotLP focuses more on the RPG aspect rather than just breeze your way through gyms, defeat the evil team and become champion of the region. I feel that this is one of the few times I've played a Pokemon game where "Gotta Catch'em All" actually means something. Bill is just one example as I believe he will have multiple interactions based on the number of Pokemon we've caught.

People have their preferences on which Pokemon they prefer. I have to give it to Staraptor among the two there. Having the ability to learn Close Combat greatly improves which Pokemon I can keep Staraptor in against and those I would not normally be able to.

As for some bugs and oddities: One thing I found lately is that if you enter the furthest building in the Ski Resort, it transports you to the house with the Team Rocket member in Robins Wood. Another thing I found is that my character has become omnipotent in the way that he can start surfing when I don't have the Surf Card yet. Whether this is just a bug or not, I know I didn't have the ability to surf at the Lake of Forgiveness/The Reservoir. I had accidentally pressed the enter button against the water at Lake Selwyn.

I'm fine with waiting for the next version to come out. I'm just about to take on the Robins Wood gym, just currently readying the Pokemon I am going to use there. I enjoy the FFX music around the area, so that is a nice touch. I also noticed at this point in the game, Melanie's bio has appeared for me. Perhaps I will be able to view her story at some point down the line.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I understand, there's been a lot of things to go over. We can wait however long it takes for the next version. I'm taking abreak for now, especially since I may have to start a new file with a future release. Hopefully we'll have access to all possible starters soon, even if the next major update doesn't bring them in.

I'm trying my hardest to allow players to continue using their save file, but with some problems I cannot fix without players starting a new game, which is unfortunate to say the least and apologies go out for that.

I don't expect or want you to play this game all day every day, it's a hobby, if you don't play it for 1 day or 1 month, it's okay, I don't mind... I know real life comes first regardless and if you have other games or things to do, go do them, don't feel obligated to play this game all the time.

All starters will be available in the end, some are available now, some not... But you will be able to obtain all Pokémon one way or another.

The next update will fix plenty and will take much longer to release... As far as I am aware, there are only minor bugs remaining in the game during each story line, grammar, graphical, visual and events... None of which are game breaking, but may cause an error or two... As long as you save frequently you shouldn't lose progress if you come across one of these.

I have been taking things a little more slowly as of late. That's mostly due to other priorities that need to come first. Anyway...

I understand there is a lot to do in this game. I feel that PD:MotLP focuses more on the RPG aspect rather than just breeze your way through gyms, defeat the evil team and become champion of the region. I feel that this is one of the few times I've played a Pokemon game where "Gotta Catch'em All" actually means something. Bill is just one example as I believe he will have multiple interactions based on the number of Pokemon we've caught.

People have their preferences on which Pokemon they prefer. I have to give it to Staraptor among the two there. Having the ability to learn Close Combat greatly improves which Pokemon I can keep Staraptor in against and those I would not normally be able to.

As for some bugs and oddities: One thing I found lately is that if you enter the furthest building in the Ski Resort, it transports you to the house with the Team Rocket member in Robins Wood. Another thing I found is that my character has become omnipotent in the way that he can start surfing when I don't have the Surf Card yet. Whether this is just a bug or not, I know I didn't have the ability to surf at the Lake of Forgiveness/The Reservoir. I had accidentally pressed the enter button against the water at Lake Selwyn.

I'm fine with waiting for the next version to come out. I'm just about to take on the Robins Wood gym, just currently readying the Pokemon I am going to use there. I enjoy the FFX music around the area, so that is a nice touch. I also noticed at this point in the game, Melanie's bio has appeared for me. Perhaps I will be able to view her story at some point down the line.

As I just said to Looneyman, you can take as much time away from the game as you need, I don't want you to feel trapped... Enjoy life.

Yes, I'm trying in this game to pull Pokémon to more of an RPG than a standard Pokémon game but trying to keep a Pokémon feel to it... I feel like I'm succeeding... Yes Bill has more interactions and more items to give away, maybe even other goodies, but like you said, catch, catch, catch 'em all... He's not the only NPC that requires multiple Pokémon to have been caught... In fact, the newest version will ban Pokémon during some battles, including gym battles... So if you heavily depend on a certain Pokémon, this Pokémon may now be banned to use in a future battle, including your starter... In fact, I'm currently in the process of allowing certain Pokémon to "want" to battle, which will force you to use that Pokémon during a battle, regardless if you want to or not, like how Ash's Chikorita or Charizard wanted to battle instead of any other... I'm hoping for this to be in the next release, but with current changes I doubt it will be.

Thanks for the bug report, these will indeed be fixed in the next version among many other bugs I pointed out earlier in this post.

I like the Final Fantasy franchise and the music that goes with it, especially that light melody that plays through Robins Wood, it's almost like a lullaby and it makes the town seem cosy... I'm hoping to use more music like it in future, but oddly, I don't have the audio folder so I literally hear no music or sound when playing/testing the game, so when the game team adds a new sound or town/city track, I don't hear it.

You will indeed play through a story with Melanie, in fact, to catch all Pokémon, you must play through her story... You will also unlock many other characters along the way which you can also play through their story lines too... When you unlock them, you will have received their BIO to view, any BIO you unlock, these will be playable characters, excluding the Male and Female protagonists since you have to be one or the other at the beginning of the game.

Keep bringing us those bugs/errors and we'll keep fixing them, there are so many of you guys helping our team make this game in to what we've imagined, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Time to revitalize this thread again. I've ran into a slight problem where I'm not able to continue the game once again. I'm at the part with the Rocket event in Frosty Caves. After you select your choice to answer a question, the game doesn't proceed with the event. I don't know what's supposed to happen after the choice selection, but the event stops cold and nothing else happens. I'm afraid I won't be able to progress at this time.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Well, you can always keep on training your Pokémon or various Pokémon... I will release a new version within the next 48 hours. Keep an eye on this space.

Thank you for your patience and continuous play... As for all the PM's, if you sent me one... I apologize for making it seem like I'm ignoring you, I am not, the game is having a massive overhaul.

Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    While I could keep training my Pokemon, I'd be very limited in what I could fight against as I can't leave Frosty Caves at the current moment. I realized that you can't backtrack out of the entrance you came in...

Hopefully I can resume when everything is good to go for the next version/update.

Back