• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 3

Years
    Pokémon Electrum 3

Background Information:
    Spoiler:

Plot:
    It's time to set off on a new adventure from the Kanto Region as you receive your very first Pokémon from the world-renowned Professor Oak and head out to conquer the Indigo League for a chance at claiming that champion title!

But as always, something's going on in the world. Tensions between the Kanto Region and neighboring Johto have escalated due to a separatist leadership taking over and shutting down the border between the two regions. Adding to the problems that is causing, Team Rocket has been emboldened and is on the move in places they once couldn't be found.

Embark on a journey from Pallet Town to conquer the eight gyms of Kanto and take on the Pokémon League, venturing through a familiar story with many new twists!

Project Status Report:
    Game is finished!

Features:
    Spoiler:

***You will be able to do this as many times as you want for each species. All of these encounters are set to Level 10.

Changes from Electrum 2:
    -Gym puzzles aren't present for now, I think everyone had enough of my puzzles in Shinto.
    -Only a handful of Shinto Pokémon are available. Kanto's Pokédex will focus on the original 150, adding on some later-gen evolutions like Crobat and Mime Jr.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    -All Pokémon use their Gen V movesets and are unchanged from Electrum 2.
    -Are Shinto/Beta Pokémon in this game? Yes, but limited. The following are available; Rinring/Bellboyant, Madame, Slyssor, Plux, Flibbit/Frawg, Chiks, Tangel/Gelanla, Animon, Porygon-B, Trifox, Puddi, Minicorn, Grimey, Belmitt, Golppy, Kurstraw/Pangshi.

Download Information:
    Pokemon Electrum 3 Beta 3.0 (Full 3/8/22)

Notes:
    This isn't meant to be a Kanto-generation remake, there will be differences here and there just like in the first game.
    Please report bugs/glitches and I will fix them when I have time.

Bugs/Glitches:
    *The notorious error screen at launch for the previous two games has been wiped out in all titles.*
    -Trainer battles, wild encounters, surf and cycle themes may not play. I am working to replace these with the Gen1 themes but the game is not recognizing the tracks as being for these moments right now. Resolved!
    -Event with Elaine in Cyan City will repeat if you step on her event tiles.
    -Mt. Moon Rocket's will reappear after you leave the cave, just ignore them for now.
    -Event on Route 4: Guard stands one square from cave entrance, do NOT enter cave.
    -Escape Rope/Dig will not work. This will take some learning to fix, but it IS fixable. (Caves are generally shorter, anyway.)
    -Paralyze Heal not showing up in PokeMart.
    -Going east from Celadon to Lavender will accidentally land you in Saffron. To escape, go south and turn west immediately onto Route 16 which will land you near Vermilion.

Credits:
    -Beta Pokémon sprites: Pokets, MimeSenior, leparagon, multidiegodani, Mariuso17, AtecainCorp.
    -Sylveon sprite: Kyle-Dove
    -Gravestone decoration: Pablus94
    -Nurse Joy sprite: X-5-4-5-2
    -Credits to Marin for the speed-up function.
    -Paint & Irfanview were used for anything graphic-related on my end, especially the Sinnoh-style badge case.
    -Original Pokémon & trainer sprites as well as overworlds courtesy of The Pokémon Company, GameFreak and Nintendo, though I did have to resize all graphics to fit.
    -Trainer graphics: JimyNawtron, Duncapham, iTheRealPikachuV2, SakuraMota, Drawnamu, Lostimpact, Madame Frog, Hatune, CloudyDayJoy, Fabotaku31245, Malice936
    -Egg Hatcher: Kyu (Script),ClaraDragon (Idea, graphics and testing), Turner (Updated hatcher icon)
    -Secret Base graphics and items: Klein
    -Pokémon Essentials: Maruno, Flameguru and Peter O.
    -RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain.
    -Special thanks to Thundaga for his Youtube tutorials on using Essentials!

Controls:
    C-key: Interacts/Selects
    F-key: Brings up menu if you have moves like Dig, Teleport or Sweet Scent.
    S-key: Toggles speed-up mode
    X-key: Opens your menu.
    Z-key: Hold to use Running Shoes (when obtained)

Last edited:
    Years
    How the does the Exp. Share work in this game?
    And is the Lucky Egg available yet?

Once you receive the Exp. Share in Viridian City you can turn it off in the Key Items menu. Otherwise it will function just like in X/Y and all games since.

There is one Lucky Egg currently available as a hidden item, nestled on an unattended dinner plate.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey I have a question if you do not mind I am stuck in Cerulean City I defeat all the trainer on the bridge and talk to the guy who twisted his ankle on the stairs then what I talk to everyone in the town what did I missed sorry for the long question.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Is Sylveon available in this? You mentioned later-gen evolutions being added to the Pokedex.

Years
    Hey I have a question if you do not mind I am stuck in Cerulean City I defeat all the trainer on the bridge and talk to the guy who twisted his ankle on the stairs then what I talk to everyone in the town what did I missed sorry for the long question.
    Have you cleared out the homeless shelter? It's the tall building close to the bridge in Cerulean, you have to enter through the side door which is marked with a little 1-tile piece of path. Not to worry, I prefer longer questions with more detail so I can rule out possible conflicts.

Is Sylveon available in this? You mentioned later-gen evolutions being added to the Pokedex.
    It is not in Beta 1, I actually had forgotten it exists until I saw your post just now. 😅 Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I will add it into the next Beta, making a note to do so now. Its evolution method will have to change, probably will just use a Shiny Stone for simplicity.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    thanks you answering my question and I just finished the beta pretty fun game and I really enjoy it keep up the good work I hope the next update will more fun also take your time.

Years
    thanks you answering my question and I just finished the beta pretty fun game and I really enjoy it keep up the good work I hope the next update will more fun also take your time.

Thank you for your review, I am glad you are enjoying it!

I had a few minutes today to work with it, Beta 2 will cover three more towns plus Celadon City events.

Years
    Stopping in for a brief moment for an update.

I've had very little time to work on the game this month as was expected, though I have managed to map Routes 7 and 8 along with Mint Town. I want the next Beta to cover all the way to Celadon City so there's quite a bit of work to do. Cyan City, a new location just outside of Rock Tunnel, will have the new Blissey Barn feature. No glitches or errors have been reported since release, wow!

Thanks to all who have played so far!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Stopping in for a brief moment for an update.

I've had very little time to work on the game this month as was expected, though I have managed to map Routes 7 and 8 along with Mint Town. I want the next Beta to cover all the way to Celadon City so there's quite a bit of work to do. Cyan City, a new location just outside of Rock Tunnel, will have the new Blissey Barn feature. No glitches or errors have been reported since release, wow!

Thanks to all who have played so far!

What's the Blissey Barn? Is that this game's version of Blissey Trainers???

Years
    What's the Blissey Barn? Is that this game's version of Blissey Trainers???

At this facility you pay to face a Blissey trainer, the fee varies depending on how many Blissey and what level.

Post-game, you can opt to do the membership fee instead and have free unlimited access from then on. I'm working on some other features to this as well but need to see how they turn out before I'm sold on including them to this particular site.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    At this facility you pay to face a Blissey trainer, the fee varies depending on how many Blissey and what level.

Post-game, you can opt to do the membership fee instead and have free unlimited access from then on. I'm working on some other features to this as well but need to see how they turn out before I'm sold on including them to this particular site.

That's similar to how Soulstones does it. Pay either $200 to face 1 or $1200 to face an entire team.

I hope there's a way to easily grind for money then. The Soulstones devs DID write a guide on how to grind for money in that game.

Years
    That's similar to how Soulstones does it. Pay either $200 to face 1 or $1200 to face an entire team.

I hope there's a way to easily grind for money then. The Soulstones devs DID write a guide on how to grind for money in that game.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with the Soulstones version but I may look into it.

The easiest way to get money in Electrum 3 is to win at the elusive trainer bases and sell the comet shard in Pewter City. I think that nets you 60k each time in addition to the winnings and bonus cash from the initial battle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Okay, so....

There's no music when fighting Trainers...

Dunno why. But yeah.
    I'd add my own if I knew how to set music in these types of games......

Years
    Okay, so....

There's no music when fighting Trainers...

Dunno why. But yeah.
    I'd add my own if I knew how to set music in these types of games......

I've been trying to add in the old Gen1 music for trainers, wild encounters and surf/cycle but something appears to not be working for any of those. It's not like the others where you just drag and drop, sadly.

Glad you pointed this out to me, I didn't think to check that. I keep my game muted for the most part due to my sleeping toddler hearing literally any noise and springing wide awake at 11pm.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I've been trying to add in the old Gen1 music for trainers, wild encounters and surf/cycle but something appears to not be working for any of those. It's not like the others where you just drag and drop, sadly.

Glad you pointed this out to me, I didn't think to check that. I keep my game muted for the most part due to my sleeping toddler hearing literally any noise and springing wide awake at 11pm.

Oof. Maybe try gen 4/Let's GO versions of those tracks?

I also couldn't trade Spearow for Farfetch'd in Vermillion I believe......

Years
    Oof. Maybe try gen 4/Let's GO versions of those tracks?

I also couldn't trade Spearow for Farfetch'd in Vermillion I believe......

It's something to do with the coding, I'll be looking into it before the next release. Shouldn't be too hard, hopefully.

Did a quick search and found the issue, it's fixed here and will be on the next update. I had it searching for Farfetch'd in your party by mistake.

Years
    Visual update. This is the section between Cerulean City and the northern entrance of Rock Tunnel, which I've changed quite a bit to include the two new towns. It takes me longer to map than to create events, so I'm hoping to finish all events on this section by the end of the week.
    Pokémon Electrum 3

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Visual update. This is the section between Cerulean City and the northern entrance of Rock Tunnel, which I've changed quite a bit to include the two new towns. It takes me longer to map than to create events, so I'm hoping to finish all events on this section by the end of the week.
    Pokémon Electrum 3

It is looking soooo good!!

Back