• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Good... I was getting frustrated! :) Did your ROM increase in size or anything? That happens sometimes with tileset changes and makes the patch bad. Make another patch and apply it to a clean ROM to properly test it. Hope this one works!

Oh and I managed to go through the darkness to find... Getting the starters was really well done. Good job on that. May I make a suggestion? Some of your grammar's off. I'd fix it in the next beta. And "Do you want the FIRE Pokemon FLAREON?ANDER?" Seems like some text was left over from the original. Just a heads up. I'll test when a new patch is up.

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
    Ok, i'm writing this from my brother's PC. I have some good news and some bad news.

The Bad news is my laptop won't boot up and i can announce that the HD has died, so all my work *POOF*. Gone.

Buuuut... I saved the latest backup on my PSP, so i'm lucky to have transferred it on there before it died.

So it is unfortunate to annonuce that progress of this hack is at a standstill until i get my Lappy fixed. So sorry to post this.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    Do you know the X grunt, the X you know seems a bit too, strange...

I can't explain but the Red mixing in with the black wouldn't really suit, but that's just an opinion keep it.

Have fun and break a leg (or a hand and maybe a keyboard and the mouse you're using, and possibly the desk you're computer/laptop is laid on. If not a desk than your leg).

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
    I'm glad to say that my laptop is back in full working order, so i'll still be able to work on this, but the beta's may have to be streamed through bittorrent from now on. Anyway, i'm glad to be back!

This is a update because I've found that you need a specific firered ROM. The ROM you need is :-

BPRE - Pokemon FireRed (E)

So I hope you should be able to play the beta after finding the correct ROM.

EDIT by FG: Don't double post - use the "edit" button if you have anything to add to your post. I've merged these for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichigo Tamasura

Bleach Fan.
    Years
    I got to play the beta and i noticed there are a lot of bugs:

The sign on the first route says Granite Town. The first town is Ashview.

The movement position for the table in your house is messed up.

The Guy in Dusky Woods has his text cut off.

These are the ones I've found so far.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Oh hi Blade, I'm here to tell you that your hack is really nice and if you want, I can help you as a spriter or mapper /choose/

Matt

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    until were does the beta include? i coul not see anything in the first post

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    It's annoying if you lose the work to your hack ;x make a few backups dude that should sort the problem out.

A nice FR hack too. maybe you can change the tiles if you want, change the feeling of FR. All the best to you. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    looking great!! btw i pointed out a gramatical error. in one of the screenshots you said MT INDIGO or something. You forgot the period after the MT. so it should be MT. INDIGO. Good job though!! Keep up the good work. Btw, how will the wild pokemon situation work?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    i really want to play this hack but when ever i patch it 2 a clean firered rom and i go out of the house, the ground is black so i cant c anything except wat ever buildings r around me and the ppl around me. PLZ HELP ME SOME

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    i really want to play this hack but when ever i patch it 2 a clean firered rom and i go out of the house, the ground is black so i cant c anything except wat ever buildings r around me and the ppl around me. PLZ HELP ME SOME

look on the first page, he said what rom u need to download.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back