• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Elite Redux v1.6.1 [complete] — Unique Multi-Ability Difficulty Hack

Days
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Very nice idea with the multiple abilitys.
    Before I played this hack I was a little bit concerned about the balances which goes with the multiple abilities. Then I played throug the league and it was a lot of fun. So refreshing and actually most mons deserve the additional abilities(like flygon, it's levitate ability had always crippled him a little bit).
    So all in all a very nice designed rom hack.
    PS: can someone tell me where to get dragapult ? :D I guess it's one of the reward NPCs at every map but I don't find him.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    I got my first Mega Stone (Ampharosite) from Wattson. Where do I get the Mega Ring? Is it available before Norman?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Tiny request. In Radical Red, I'm able to hold down the R button ("E" key on my keyboard) to quickly go through dialogue. Would be a great feature to not have to keep spamming the A button, especially on subsequent playthroughs.

I'm just going to keep a list here and edit over time:
    - Chilling Neigh doesn't work (Grim Neigh with As One works)
    - On OpenEmu, there are a lot of performance drops. The game basically freezes when entering a double battle. In most menus, you're unable to spam A because as if the game needs to load. It basically feels like the game is running at a low FPS
    - A little overwhelming/chaotic that every single Pokemon in randomizer mode has unique abilities / moves (even if it's the exact same Pokemon)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I notice a bug where body press in the Liza and Tate fight is hitting my Trevenant.

Edit: I have also noticed that focus blast is hitting my Trevanet in the same gym fight. It comes up as natural after the damage has been delt.

Mystical Fire is been detected as super effective against my Kanto Golem

Also, steel is resistant to dark and ghost, don't know it that was intentional.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Just trying to report a bug, I think I have found a bug with mega stones disappearing from your inventory when you load a proper save over a save state.

I loaded up my save from the in game menu and when I went to equip my mega stones almost all of them had disappeared, when I went and retrieved items again from nurse joy I noticed all the extra stones that I had collected from battles and the ground hadn't been given to me again.
    The 2 stones you can find on the ground were both back in their original places as well so I think it only effects stones given by NPCs.

Days
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I have a question. How can I evolve Magmar? I have a Magmarizer, but I can't use it and it doesn't evolve by level up having it equipped.

Days
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Is there any bug with the Magmarizer and the Electirizer in the version 1.6? I can't use them.

Days
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Hello, I know not many people would care. But Dustox pokedex information is incorrect. It does not get access to foul play, night daze and dark pulse. Shuckles base hp is still 20.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Bug report

Chloroplast doesn't make weather ball fire type
    That's working as intended, Chloroplast's description is a little unclear. The actual effects are:
    • Solar Beam and Solar Blade do not need to charge, and are not weakened in other weathers
    • Growth always boosts Attack and Special Attack by two stages each instead of one
    • Synthesis, Moonlight and Morning Sun always restore up to 2/3 of the users maximum HP
    It does not:
    • change the type of weather ball
    • boost the power of Fire-type moves
    • lower the power of the user's Water-type moves
    • lower the accuracy of the user's Hurricane or Thunder

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hey first off I wanna thank you for the work on this rom hack, I played through most of 1.5.2 and had a blast, the anti grind features combined with the changes to every pokémon and the nice challenge that represent most trainers made for an amazing teambuilding and battling experience.

That said I came back to the game with v1.6 a1 and I wanna report some glitches:
    - Most non stone evolution items aren't working, making a lot of pokémon inaccessible (Scizor, Rhyperior, Gliscor, etc)
    - Sweeping Edge isn't working, with Gallade when the ability is active and I use a Keen Edge move in doubles, when selecting the move the interface would show me the move is targeting both opponent, however when Gallade actually uses it, it would only hit the rightmost opposing pokémon
    - The mega stone pocket in the bag would partially erase itself sometimes (maybe when picking up a new mega stone?), notably making the new 1.6 mega stones disappear from the bag, talking to the nurse in pokémon centers would make all mega stone obtained from Norman reappear but not any one that's been collected afterward :'(

That's it off the top of my head, hope this helps!

Days
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    While I don't know if this was intentional, I noticed that Winstrate Victor's Rattata isn't level one, but uses a F.E.A.R. set. If this was already mentioned and addressed somewhere else, you can ignore this, I just didn't see anything so I thought I should mention it. Also, great game. Well done.

Days
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Hello I would like to report a problem on the 1.6 a1 version. Trying to evolve both Sneasle or Gligar with their corresponding items isn't working, not the normal way nor directly using the item.
    I would love to be able to use these mons without having to depend on the randomizer for their evo forms.
    Besides that extremely enjoyable game with great difficulty keep up the good work.

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
  • v1.6 - The Mega Update

Summarized changelog

• Biggest update so far
    • Over 45 brand new custom Pokémon (thanks @amarkov and @JamesLyons for commissioning almost all of those)
    • Over 60 completely new custom abilities
    • 9 new moves, most are completely new
    • Lots of new (mini) boss fights, more challenges
    • Almost all important fights have been reworked
    • Reworked wild encounters >> better for Monotype runs
    • Enormous rebalancing
    • Reworked Infatuation: now halves damage when infatuated
    • Elite Mode: the AI now has all innates from the start
    • Reworked lots of "weak/unused" moves
    • Improved QoL (fishing etc.)
    • Many move balance changes
    • All -ate abilities (Pixilate, Galvanize, Fighting Spirit etc.): nerfed power boost from 20% to 10%
    • Neutralizing Gas, Mold Breaker (and clones, including Gastro Acid) now ignore(s) all innates too
    • Shell Bell: restores 1/4 instead of 1/3 HP, fixed it healing overkill damage
    • Easier item evolutions and many level-up evolutions are much earlier now
    • Gift & trade changes
    • Randomizers: no more banned abilities, Pure Power etc. is back!
    • Twisted Dimension now removes Trick Room when it's already active
    • Removed many puzzles (Sky Pillar etc.) and made the game more enjoyable
    • Fixed Double Battle Lag
    • Hopefully fixed all Bad Egg bugs (and you can release them now)
    • Reworked Mega & Primal Icons
    • More polishing
    • Many bugfixes

----------------------

Check out the full changelog (23 pages:
    http://changelog.elite-redux.com/

Patch directly here:
    https://elite-redux.com/

Instructions on how to update:
    http://download.elite-redux.com/
    Remember to patch on a CLEAN Emerald ROM.
    Saves are compatible (except v1.6 Alpha), you can keep your progress.
    But it is still heavily recommended that you start a new save.

Alternatively, you can grab the patch manually here:
    http://download.elite-redux.com/

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    A bit of a weird thing here; Mega Magnezone, according to ER Dex, has two instances of Magnet Pull. Was one of its Magnet Pulls supposed to be a different ability?

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
  • A bit of a weird thing here; Mega Magnezone, according to ER Dex, has two instances of Magnet Pull. Was one of its Magnet Pulls supposed to be a different ability?

Update the dex by pressing the UPDATE button at the bottom (type something random in the search bar).

Back