• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Z (Fakemon Hack | Complete | v1.2.0 available! Material drop system implemented!)

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I've been enjoying this hack so far. I LOVE Impawzible, and a lot of the other Fakemon too! Apparaven is my favorite starter design-wise (so I almost regret picking Cetayser bc I feel like I should use it on my final team now 😅). I love Nectair and Soarup a lot, too.
    My only complaint, which I don't find to be a big deal in the slightest, is that Soarup is the only final evolution stage Flying type Fakemon (Besides a (roaming?) legendary I found randomly 🙃), purely because I wanted a flying type that wasn't part grass on the team. The Fakemon with either Levitate or Earth Eater didn't really strike me as something I wanted to use with some of the other guys on my team either (Unless I found another Ability Patch for some with one of these for the Hidden Ability). Regardless, I'm enjoying building around that fact so it's not even something I would call a 'problem.'

Last thing I will say is that the level curves can be pretty daunting. I saw you mention before somewhere the jump from Victory Road to Champion is from 58 to 70 in Emerald Z compared to vanilla being 43 to 58, which, to be fair, makes the Jump in this hack is significantly higher than in vanilla based on experience required to level up. To be clear, I think it's fine. Just need to fight some extra trainers before taking on the next boss to get within a few levels (assuming the boss trainers don't have EVs). It does promote the issue of having to grind on wild pokemon when you want to use something new, though, since Match Call isn't very consistent. Personally, I had a full team of mostly level 41, up to a 43 iirc, for gym 6, and got to Lilycove with around level 44-45s. Rival bopped me with their lead (lmao), which had a good matchup against most of my team at the time, but i was at least 5 levels under leveled in that fight.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't think there's a need to change the level curves too drastically if at all. But grinding is boring, so I found out how to make cheats to alleviate the burden of monotony. I hope you're ok with me offering this for anyone who wants to use it. It's a CodeBreaker code, I put it together myself specifically for Emerald Z 1.0.3 (Patched on vanilla Emerald 1.0). I doubt it'll work on other ROM hacks or base Emerald, but I haven't tried.
    Spoiler: Cheat to help Grind Levels
    Works for me, thanks. Is it possible for you or someone else to create a rare candy generator cheat?

Days
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Hello, and thank you for sharing your fakemon romhack with us. I don't typically play romhacks or fangames at all but I got curious about these fakemon after I watched a streamer play this and wanted to try it out.

I'm facing the same kind of frustration with leveling up my mons as many others in this thread, however, I'm not planning to make my post about that now because there's something else that needs your attention - a massive accessibility issue. I must beg you, for the love of god, to make the documentation more accessible. The lines are a mess and it's incredibly hard to follow when the lines have broken up, and trying to make sense out of it gets me on the verge of tears with frustration and confusion. Be old-fashioned, whatever, but at least make sure the documentation can be read by everybody.

Few examples:
    Spoiler: This is not legible.

Spoiler: This is not accessible.

Spoiler: I have no bloody idea what is going on here.

Best of luck for the development. Your fakemon designs and implementations are solid and I'm looking forward to encountering more in-game (going in blind).

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    which of the two you mentioned would you recommend for a first time player of the hack?
    Awkwhal, I think. It's probably the "best" of the starters in a vacuum, with few weaknesses and good coverage.

I cleared the trickforest puzzle, but can't find the trickmaster. Where can I find him?
    There's now an NPC in Trick Forest who will provide a hint.

I've been enjoying this hack so far. I LOVE Impawzible, and a lot of the other Fakemon too! Apparaven is my favorite starter design-wise (so I almost regret picking Cetayser bc I feel like I should use it on my final team now 😅). I love Nectair and Soarup a lot, too.
    My only complaint, which I don't find to be a big deal in the slightest, is that Soarup is the only final evolution stage Flying type Fakemon (Besides a (roaming?) legendary I found randomly 🙃), purely because I wanted a flying type that wasn't part grass on the team. The Fakemon with either Levitate or Earth Eater didn't really strike me as something I wanted to use with some of the other guys on my team either (Unless I found another Ability Patch for some with one of these for the Hidden Ability). Regardless, I'm enjoying building around that fact so it's not even something I would call a 'problem.'

Last thing I will say is that the level curves can be pretty daunting. I saw you mention before somewhere the jump from Victory Road to Champion is from 58 to 70 in Emerald Z compared to vanilla being 43 to 58, which, to be fair, makes the Jump in this hack is significantly higher than in vanilla based on experience required to level up. To be clear, I think it's fine. Just need to fight some extra trainers before taking on the next boss to get within a few levels (assuming the boss trainers don't have EVs). It does promote the issue of having to grind on wild pokemon when you want to use something new, though, since Match Call isn't very consistent. Personally, I had a full team of mostly level 41, up to a 43 iirc, for gym 6, and got to Lilycove with around level 44-45s. Rival bopped me with their lead (lmao), which had a good matchup against most of my team at the time, but i was at least 5 levels under leveled in that fight.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't think there's a need to change the level curves too drastically if at all. But grinding is boring, so I found out how to make cheats to alleviate the burden of monotony. I hope you're ok with me offering this for anyone who wants to use it. It's a CodeBreaker code, I put it together myself specifically for Emerald Z 1.0.3 (Patched on vanilla Emerald 1.0). I doubt it'll work on other ROM hacks or base Emerald, but I haven't tried.
    Spoiler: Cheat to help Grind Levels
    Thank you! The Lilycove rival fight was intentionally a bit of a jump to discourage getting into the Department Store prior to fighting Phoebe, but probably too much so. It's been lowered in this patch. If you're going to the effort of making cheats, I can respect that, although unfortunately they're prooobably going to become unusable with new patches.

Hello, and thank you for sharing your fakemon romhack with us. I don't typically play romhacks or fangames at all but I got curious about these fakemon after I watched a streamer play this and wanted to try it out.

I'm facing the same kind of frustration with leveling up my mons as many others in this thread, however, I'm not planning to make my post about that now because there's something else that needs your attention - a massive accessibility issue. I must beg you, for the love of god, to make the documentation more accessible. The lines are a mess and it's incredibly hard to follow when the lines have broken up, and trying to make sense out of it gets me on the verge of tears with frustration and confusion. Be old-fashioned, whatever, but at least make sure the documentation can be read by everybody.

Few examples:
    Spoiler: This is not legible.

Spoiler: This is not accessible.

Spoiler: I have no bloody idea what is going on here.

Best of luck for the development. Your fakemon designs and implementations are solid and I'm looking forward to encountering more in-game (going in blind).
    Oh I fully agree that's unreadable, but that's also not how it's supposed to appear - if you use Notepad++ and not old Notepad, the lines are clean and even. It's a problem of how the tabs are interpreted, I believe.
    Spoiler: This is what it should look like

I'll see if I can find a way to make the docs look right on old Notepad, but until then use Notepad++.

Edit: Made reformatted versions, which are now on Pastebin. Will add them to the first post, too.
    Pokédex
    Detailed Dex
    Wild Locations
    Major Battles
    Item Locations

lkJ45J9.gif
    LYl17f6.png
    LVo26Gi.gif

Emerald Z v1.1.0 is now available! This is the first 1.1.x patch because it contains some relatively big changes vis a vis the lategame level curve and a bunch of smaller adjustments. This should also be the last patch for a while unless a huge game-breaking bug is discovered.
    Spoiler: Changelog

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Thank you for the Pastebin links, Z-nogyroP! Good work on the update too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Thank you! The Lilycove rival fight was intentionally a bit of a jump to discourage getting into the Department Store prior to fighting Phoebe, but probably too much so. It's been lowered in this patch. If you're going to the effort of making cheats, I can respect that, although unfortunately they're prooobably going to become unusable with new patches.
    YO, my timing is impeccable 😅 Thankfully, code still works from what I can tell!
    I also find it funny that the first Ratten I caught had its Hidden Ability, and I didn't even realize it before I started using it, so now it's almost like an inadvertent buff to my Possessum. Which is weird to say since Perish Body was what won me the battle against Phoebe😂

Days
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    The nature change with mints have an error. I have changed my Karroot's and Draborate's natures to Adamant but the info page says Modest on both. The stats are correct, just the nature name is off. I tested a Modest mint and it stated the name correctly (instead of Adamant as I half-expected). Other mints I've not tried.
    Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)-8.pngPokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)-9.png

Edit: I take that back, I don't know why the Modest mint I used on my Impawzible now displays the nature incorrectly. Her nature was Sassy before I changed it and it still says Sassy after the Modest mint, but stats changed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The nature change with mints have an error. I have changed my Karroot's and Draborate's natures to Adamant but the info page says Modest on both. The stats are correct, just the nature name is off. I tested a Modest mint and it stated the name correctly (instead of Adamant as I half-expected). Other mints I've not tried.
    View attachment 155222View attachment 155223

Edit: I take that back, I don't know why the Modest mint I used on my Impawzible now displays the nature incorrectly. Her nature was Sassy before I changed it and it still says Sassy after the Modest mint, but stats changed.
    This is intentional behaviour! The Pokémon's original nature doesn't change, but the stats are affected appropriately. This is how it is in the gen 9 games.

Where do you find Wyrmonger?
    Check the hints section of the original post.

Days
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    This is intentional behaviour! The Pokémon's original nature doesn't change, but the stats are affected appropriately. This is how it is in the gen 9 games.
    Ah, I should have guessed it from it being so consistent. Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's another stupid question though; how do I use the Explorer's Guide?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Is arkwhal ending up being fast when fully evolved?
    Not especially. If you value Speed, go for Charcrow.

Ah, I should have guessed it from it being so consistent. Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's another stupid question though; how do I use the Explorer's Guide?
    It's a held item, so you give it to your Pokémon and they'll receive the benefits.

WMCrZ48.gif

A little preview of what's to come... (yes I know I said the last update would be the last big one for a while shhhh)

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hi there,

First off I really like this fakemon hack. Have collected over 220 of the pokedex without evolving much more than my team of 6. However, I just beat the elite four and got on the ship at Lilycove. The first trainer I ran into in the first room has two Luvdiscs, but they both appear as Bulbasaur. Is there much more post game or will more be added? Thinking about completing the entire pokedex.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 4.39.02 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 4.39.02 PM.png
      737 KB · Views: 6
    Days
    • Seen today
    I wish there was an option to make IVs perfect and disable EVs for players and trainers to cut out the boring grind and just focus on the fun of battles.

nice hack bro! thanks for tha hard work!

Days
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    It's a held item, so you give it to your Pokémon and they'll receive the benefits.
    I tried that but it doesn't work on my Soarup. Either it's a bug or the guide doesn't work if the Pokemon already knows a HM move (in this case Flash).
    Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)-13.png

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hi there,

First off I really like this fakemon hack. Have collected over 220 of the pokedex without evolving much more than my team of 6. However, I just beat the elite four and got on the ship at Lilycove. The first trainer I ran into in the first room has two Luvdiscs, but they both appear as Bulbasaur. Is there much more post game or will more be added? Thinking about completing the entire pokedex.

Thank you!!
    Are you on the latest patch? I could have sworn I got rid of that damn ferry at this point. The Battle Frontier (as you can probably guess lol) is not available yet and you're not supposed to be able to get on that boat. Sorry!

I tried that but it doesn't work on my Soarup. Either it's a bug or the guide doesn't work if the Pokemon already knows a HM move (in this case Flash).
    View attachment 155278
    Oh, the Explorer's Guide is a battle item. It makes Dig / Dive / Fly happen in one turn in battle, no out of battle effect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Hey, is there any chance a way to play the game at perfect IV can be done? I really want to have the best Pokémon for myself as well as fight against the best Pokémon in game.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hello there, i've been trying out this rom, i'm up to the Trick Forest and while i really like this rom so far (good fakemon designs really does it for me), i can't for the life of me figure out how to get that one item in the forest... I've found the Trick Master and i know the golden trees trick but i'm stomped on this one.
    Would anyone please give me the solution? I've been at this for hours and its genuinely driving me nuts ^^'
    1708121252886.png

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Are you on the latest patch? I could have sworn I got rid of that damn ferry at this point. The Battle Frontier (as you can probably guess lol) is not available yet and you're not supposed to be able to get on that boat. Sorry!

Oh, the Explorer's Guide is a battle item. It makes Dig / Dive / Fly happen in one turn in battle, no out of battle effect.
    No I believe I was on 1.0.1. which is why I was able to go to battle frontier. Anything else notable to be done besides completing pokedex? No worries, I started on a different version and did not realize until it was much later.

Update: I found 1.1.0 on the vba website!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hello there, i've been trying out this rom, i'm up to the Trick Forest and while i really like this rom so far (good fakemon designs really does it for me), i can't for the life of me figure out how to get that one item in the forest... I've found the Trick Master and i know the golden trees trick but i'm stomped on this one.
    Would anyone please give me the solution? I've been at this for hours and its genuinely driving me nuts ^^'
    View attachment 155291
    Jump on one of the white flowers (the second one out of frame)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello I have been having a blast with this hack. Have beaten gym 5 and while playing I now realized that it seems tangling hair or maybe all contact abilities prevent items like rocky helmet from working. Example I fought a swellow with dual wingbeat in route 111 and while tangling was dropping its speed, it never got hurt from rocky helmets chip dmg.
    Outside of that the game has been incredible and the fakemon are really well done.
    Congrats on the hack

Back