• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald++

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Sorry for double posting but how do I evolve Shelmet? The linking cord doesn't work and neither leveling up with a Karrablast in my party.
    Edit: there seems to be a bug with mega evolutions. I mega evolved my Pinsir and then its Pinsirite turned into a "?????" during battle and then into a dire hit afterwards.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry for double posting but how do I evolve Shelmet? The linking cord doesn't work and neither leveling up with a Karrablast in my party.
    Edit: there seems to be a bug with mega evolutions. I mega evolved my Pinsir and then its Pinsirite turned into a "?????" during battle and then into a dire hit afterwards.
    Hi! I'm so sorry for the bug. I am working on v6 to push out as we speak as the mega evolution bug definitely sucks. I looked through how to evolve Shelmet and for some reason that is the only Pokemon (along with Karrablast) in the entire expansion to require trading - kind of impossible with a ROM Hack. In v6 I will change this to the linking cord item! Hoping to have this pushed out within the next hour.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    v6 is now live on the main post! Changes include updated linking cord evolutions, fixed mega evolutions, and I think I also fixed a bug with the super effective/not effective moves being highlighted on the battle screen.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A few possible bugs and questions.

The level scaling still seems to be broken.

The rain on route 119 causes the battlefield to get weird rather than a rain effect.

Was I supposed to get a flying item from May as well as the Fly HM? It rather scuppers my dream of an all mustelid team if it's the one HM I still have to use.

Is there any documentation of Pokemon locations? I'd like to add a Buizel to my team but have no idea when I'll come by one.

Really enjoying this mod overall!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    A few possible bugs and questions.

The level scaling still seems to be broken.

The rain on route 119 causes the battlefield to get weird rather than a rain effect.

Was I supposed to get a flying item from May as well as the Fly HM? It rather scuppers my dream of an all mustelid team if it's the one HM I still have to use.

Is there any documentation of Pokemon locations? I'd like to add a Buizel to my team but have no idea when I'll come by one.

Really enjoying this mod overall!
    Hi Fisher,

What patch are you on? What were the levels of your team members and what scaling did you see that was broken?

I'm about to get to Route 119 in my own playthrough, I'll take a look and see if this is an issue.

NGL I had to look up mustelid! Unfortunately there is no FLY HM replacement, so that is still a requirement like in the base game. I couldn't really think of an alternative that wasn't like "Teleport Item". It could be possible to add a start menu option for "Fast Travel", but I'm not sure about the amount of work required for that. If I make any more major changes to this project, I'll definitely consider doing this.

I realized that I've been updating the Reddit thread but not this one! There is a spreadsheet here that shows you all of the encounters in an area. All Pokemon can be obtained either by wild catches, in-game trades, or level up/breeding. Spreadsheet does not include legendaries - those can be found in the Pokepedia in your room ;)

Thanks for playing! Please let me know about the scaling bug and I might be able to determine what the issue is.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Beat the hack. Loved it, I think the fact that the TM list is the same as vanilla keeps the gen 3 flavor. There's a certain Greninja in a boss battle that strangely used Focus Energy, tho.
    Outside of that, I had lots of fun with it! I suggest people to try swapping out a team member or two after each gym so you don't get too overleveled and get to give some other Pokémon a try!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Beat the hack. Loved it, I think the fact that the TM list is the same as vanilla keeps the gen 3 flavor. There's a certain Greninja in a boss battle that strangely used Focus Energy, tho.
    Outside of that, I had lots of fun with it! I suggest people to try swapping out a team member or two after each gym so you don't get too overleveled and get to give some other Pokémon a try!
    So glad you enjoyed!!!!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Fisher,

What patch are you on? What were the levels of your team members and what scaling did you see that was broken?

I'm about to get to Route 119 in my own playthrough, I'll take a look and see if this is an issue.

NGL I had to look up mustelid! Unfortunately there is no FLY HM replacement, so that is still a requirement like in the base game. I couldn't really think of an alternative that wasn't like "Teleport Item". It could be possible to add a start menu option for "Fast Travel", but I'm not sure about the amount of work required for that. If I make any more major changes to this project, I'll definitely consider doing this.

I realized that I've been updating the Reddit thread but not this one! There is a spreadsheet here that shows you all of the encounters in an area. All Pokemon can be obtained either by wild catches, in-game trades, or level up/breeding. Spreadsheet does not include legendaries - those can be found in the Pokepedia in your room ;)

Thanks for playing! Please let me know about the scaling bug and I might be able to determine what the issue is.
    Playing it again on the latest patch and it seems okay so far. Previously my pokemon were in their early level 40s and the gym leader had a level 51 pokemon for example. Not sure if that's in the range of acceptable deviance. My recollection is that the errors seemed to get worse over a route, it would start out fine and then the levels would creep up.

Thanks for the documentation, that helps a lot!

One other thing, I'm wondering what the design decision was involving putting in evolved forms in Petalburg woods? Usually romhacks seem to avoid having wild pokemon underleveled for their evolution status.

I really do think it's a great romhack overall.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Playing it again on the latest patch and it seems okay so far. Previously my pokemon were in their early level 40s and the gym leader had a level 51 pokemon for example. Not sure if that's in the range of acceptable deviance. My recollection is that the errors seemed to get worse over a route, it would start out fine and then the levels would creep up.

Thanks for the documentation, that helps a lot!

One other thing, I'm wondering what the design decision was involving putting in evolved forms in Petalburg woods? Usually romhacks seem to avoid having wild pokemon underleveled for their evolution status.

I really do think it's a great romhack overall.
    Each version had some minor corrective changes to the level cap, so I'm glad it seems better now. If I'm not mistaken, the main post should always have the most updated version. I've been personally playing on v6 and other than being an insanely high level (50 after 5 gym badges), the scaling should generally be +-2 levels around your party's average. That being said, there is some built in weight calculation so that having a really low level Pokemon (or a few really high level Pokemon) don't pull the average too much.

As for evolved forms of Pokemon being made available somewhat earlier, it really came down to the amount of Pokemon families that needed to be available with limited vanilla encounter areas. I could have only put baby Pokemon around, but then you wouldn't get an evolved form in the wild until late game, which might not be of much use at that point. I figured that with levels being relative because of trainer scaling, it was more about the Pokemon variety than the level/power level. And while I haven't played some of the newer games, I think I saw a clip of someone catching a Totodile in Scarlet and Violet in the wild that was like level 62, so I thought that maybe levels = evolution was kind of going out of style.

Thanks so much for playing. I'm glad you're having fun.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, this sounds awesome!
    A couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to change a Pokémon's IVs and/or Nature? Primarily interested in IVs, but Nature Mints would be awesome too.
    2. I love that Mega Evolution is in this! Are Mega Evolutions worked into the story at all, or...?
    3. Can you swap the player's outfit for the R/S ones? I know some other hacks allow for this.
    4. Any chance you can provide documentation on Important Trainers teams?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, this sounds awesome!
    A couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to change a Pokémon's IVs and/or Nature? Primarily interested in IVs, but Nature Mints would be awesome too.
    2. I love that Mega Evolution is in this! Are Mega Evolutions worked into the story at all, or...?
    3. Can you swap the player's outfit for the R/S ones? I know some other hacks allow for this.
    4. Any chance you can provide documentation on Important Trainers teams?
    Hi! Thanks for the questions - answered on your Reddit comment :)

Back