• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Pokémon Essentials shows black screen on playtest, version 19.1

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Hello. I want to make a pokemon fan game. However, whenver i playtest or run directly , It shows a black screen. I can still hear audio and the game accepts my input, but i can only see a black screen. I have reinstalled essentials and rmxp but its not fixing the problem. Also i am not getting any error messages for some reason

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    I'm having the same issue. Playtesting with a fresh game works fine, but running Essentials does nothing. Did you figure out how to fix this or are you still having problems with it too?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2021
    I'm also having the same problem. Does anyone find a solution to this?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    (I don't use V19, my diagnosis is based on v18.1)

1. Check the title of the window of the game. Does it display some changing texts? (it might be compiling the database, hence the black screen, and you're quitting the game before the end of the compilation)
    2. Do you see the "New Game / Options / others" screen? (like when you start a new game, the step before the interview with Prof Oak)
    3. In RPG Maker, can you locate the player's starting position? It should be in a map called "Intro". There should be events near it, and one of it should be an Autorun event that runs the interview with Prof Oak. Maybe this event is not an autorun, hence the black screen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2021
    I noticed that this only happens for PE v19.1. I have tested PE v16.3 and it works perfectly. Also when playtesting v19.1 appears a cmd window saying that I'm using a trial version (which it's true), but this does not happen when playtesting v16.3.
    I also noticed that when playtesting v19.1 for the first time it shows the black screen, but when closing and playtesting a second time it does nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello. I want to make a pokemon fan game. However, whenver i playtest or run directly , It shows a black screen. I can still hear audio and the game accepts my input, but i can only see a black screen. I have reinstalled essentials and rmxp but its not fixing the problem. Also i am not getting any error messages for some reason

For vanilla essentials v19.1, download v19 hotfix plugin latest version,
    Place a hotfix scripts to plugins folder and replace the mkxp.json with mkxp.json from v19 hotfix plugins
    Maybe can help you out..

Back