• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I tested it against Korrina with a focus sash Abra and no luck, I guess I'll keep the decreased priority though. On a side note, have you ever noticed how long the gap between the first and second badges is? It feels like half the game takes place there.
    Yeah, XY has really weird pacing. There's barely anything between the two gyms after that.
    Hi! Created an account just to thank you for your work. Just finished a game of Wilting Y (legal; 721 pokémon, main team to level 100, champion, Serena rematch and Looker story) over the past three weeks or so and had a lot of fun (except growing berry trees to get a burmy and then breeding it to get one of the opposite sex, because for some reason burmy was removed from the Route-3 list; that was no fun at all). I had possibly more fun than I had playing Black (my favourite game in the series till I played this). Thank you!
    Hey, you're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, glad you had fun with the hack! Sorry about the Burmy thing, guess I removed it to make space for something else. Didn't realise they'd be such a pain to find!

Years
  • Im about to hit gym 6 and ive been using Mega Blaziken and i find he just completely dominates the whole game so far, to the point where i want to bench it because it feels so insanely strong, comparable to a legendary like kyogre in my mind (using rule of no items + being under leveled for every gym within 1-2 levels). Anyone had similar experiences?
    (also ive been having a really good time so far, the difficulty spikes were a bit weird on the second gym but good other than that! Grant was actually insanely hard and took maybe 5 tries for some reason, when everything else has been a one shot)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    How do I apply the Korina patch to a pre-patched file?
    Depends; what's the Korina patch and what format is the pre-patched file in (is it a cia or garc or something else)?
    Im about to hit gym 6 and ive been using Mega Blaziken and i find he just completely dominates the whole game so far, to the point where i want to bench it because it feels so insanely strong, comparable to a legendary like kyogre in my mind (using rule of no items + being under leveled for every gym within 1-2 levels). Anyone had similar experiences?
    (also ive been having a really good time so far, the difficulty spikes were a bit weird on the second gym but good other than that! Grant was actually insanely hard and took maybe 5 tries for some reason, when everything else has been a one shot)
    Yeah Mega Blaziken is stupidly strong, it was even more ridiculous in the vanilla game. Even regular Blaziken will trivialize most of the game.
    Glad you're enjoying it! Grant's in a weird spot where he can be up against a team of fully evolved mons or a team of mid stages, so it was tricky to balance him for both. He'll either be completely trivial or a bit of a difficulty spike depending on your team.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Depends; what's the Korina patch and what format is the pre-patched file in (is it a cia or garc or something else)?

Yeah Mega Blaziken is stupidly strong, it was even more ridiculous in the vanilla game. Even regular Blaziken will trivialize most of the game.
    Glad you're enjoying it! Grant's in a weird spot where he can be up against a team of fully evolved mons or a team of mid stages, so it was tricky to balance him for both. He'll either be completely trivial or a bit of a difficulty spike depending on your team.

I meant the Viola patch and it's a 3ds file.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Question relating to the making of the mod itself, how did you go about finding a location for all 721 mons, especially with things like horde hunting and fishing, it seems impossible to put all of them down while using up every possible encounter slot.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Ah right, in that case you can just follow the install guide, or at least the part that covers the Viola patch.

When I try to extract my 3ds file, I keep getting this error message.

(Sorry for the long message)

Exception Details:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\newrom\ExeFS\banner.bnr'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\newrom\ExeFS\banner.bnr'
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter._Closure$__62-0.VB$StateMachine___Lambda$__0.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\DotNet3dsToolkit\Converter.vb:line 242
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_62_ExtractPartition0.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\DotNet3dsToolkit\Converter.vb:line 256
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_78_ExtractCCI.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\DotNet3dsToolkit\Converter.vb:line 469
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_77_ExtractCCI.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\DotNet3dsToolkit\Converter.vb:line 448
    at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_84_ExtractAuto.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\DotNet3dsToolkit\Converter.vb:line 574
    at ToolkitForm.Form1.VB$StateMachine_23_btnExtract_Click.MoveNext() in D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c024c1966f7da4c7\ToolkitForm\Form1.vb:line 138
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

Loaded Assemblies:
    --------------------
    mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

ToolkitForm, Version=1.4.6.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\DotNet 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6\ToolkitForm.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

DotNet3dsToolkit, Version=1.4.6.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\DotNet 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6\DotNet3dsToolkit.dll

SkyEditor.Core, Version=4.0.7.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\DotNet 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6\SkyEditor.Core.dll

System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.dll

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Question relating to the making of the mod itself, how did you go about finding a location for all 721 mons, especially with things like horde hunting and fishing, it seems impossible to put all of them down while using up every possible encounter slot.
    450 mons were already covered by XY's massive regional dex, so all I had to do was remove some duplicate encounter slots and replace them with mons that you can't usually find in XY. I had a checklist of what wasn't available so it wasn't too hard to work through the list. Different grass/flower colors having slightly different encounters made it a lot easier to get everything in too!
    When I try to extract my 3ds file, I keep getting this error message.

(Sorry for the long message)

Exception Details:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\newrom\ExeFS\banner.bnr'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Richard Schaefer\Documents\newrom\ExeFS\banner.bnr'
    This means your 3DS file isn't a good dump and is missing files. That particular file doesn't actually matter though, so you might be able to unpack it with a different tool.
    Just to clarify though, what exactly are you wanting to do here? There's no need to extract the 3DS file if you just want to add the viola patch, just add it to the rest of the hack and run it as a layeredfs patch like usual.

Also I just noticed the old guide is still included with the documents folder, I suggest ignoring that and using the one in the game files folder instead.

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • This is such a fantastic game. The encounters, movesets, and battles, not to mention the TM and move changes, are all phenomenal. This hack was probably my biggest inspiration in starting out in hacking. Thank you Buffel Saft!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This is such a fantastic game. The encounters, movesets, and battles, not to mention the TM and move changes, are all phenomenal. This hack was probably my biggest inspiration in starting out in hacking. Thank you Buffel Saft!
    Thanks for the kind words! Really cool to hear that my hack inspired you to get into ROM hacking too. And you're welcome!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2021
    Hey. Let me start by saying that you've done a superb job with this hack. I'm loving it so far! The only issue I found is the fact that pelipper is not listed in the wild encounters document and I need to find them to get a lucky egg... Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey. Let me start by saying that you've done a superb job with this hack. I'm loving it so far! The only issue I found is the fact that pelipper is not listed in the wild encounters document and I need to find them to get a lucky egg... Cheers!
    Hey, thanks! Looks like that's not just an issue with the documents, Pelipper can't be found in the wild anywhere in the game data either. I'll get a fix up for that tonight.
    Thanks for bringing this up by the way, I'm surprised it's gone unnoticed for so long!

EDIT: Fix is up now, you should be able to find Pelipper in Azure Bay. It replaces the 50% Tentacool encounter so it won't be hard to find!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    ow, I got hyped about new things here and there. Are you planning on something more on this hack? Or is it finished?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Hi! Absolutely love this hack. I bought a virtual copy of X just so I could play it, and it's terrific so far.

I did have one request....hopefully I don't come off as demanding or ungrateful, because I really do love the game. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add encounters in for all the Pokémon that are currently breed-only. I believe this is something that Drayano did in his hacks and it's honestly a lot easier than going back and breeding to complete the Dex later.

Right now, I believe the list of breed-only Pokémon is just these:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, there's quite a few so this would make things a lot easier. If not, I understand. Just thought I would ask! =]

Thanks again!

Edit: I also don't see a location for Burmy anywhere, but I remember it being in the originals. Was it removed?

Edit2: I also just encountered a wild Farfetch'd that knew Aqua Jet for some reason. It was level 10 and I'm playing the Rebalanced Version of Eternal X.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    ow, I got hyped about new things here and there. Are you planning on something more on this hack? Or is it finished?
    I do want to update it with some of the gen 8 movepool additions eventually, but not sure when that'll happen. After that it'll definitely be finished though!
    Hi! Absolutely love this hack. I bought a virtual copy of X just so I could play it, and it's terrific so far.

I did have one request....hopefully I don't come off as demanding or ungrateful, because I really do love the game. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add encounters in for all the Pokémon that are currently breed-only. I believe this is something that Drayano did in his hacks and it's honestly a lot easier than going back and breeding to complete the Dex later.

Right now, I believe the list of breed-only Pokémon is just these:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, there's quite a few so this would make things a lot easier. If not, I understand. Just thought I would ask! =]

Thanks again!

Edit: I also don't see a location for Burmy anywhere, but I remember it being in the originals. Was it removed?

Edit2: I also just encountered a wild Farfetch'd that knew Aqua Jet for some reason. It was level 10 and I'm playing the Rebalanced Version of Eternal X.
    Hey, thanks! Glad you like it!

It's definitely possible but not something I'm likely to do; the reason most of those aren't in the wild is that there either wasn't enough space early on or there wasn't anywhere appropriate to put them. Eggs hatch in one cycle in this hack so it doesn't take too long to breed for them! That's also a reasonably small list, about on par with BBVW2 (which required you to breed to get the first stages of most of the starters).

Burmy can still be found in certain kinds of berry trees. There are a few other Pokemon that don't appear in the docs (e.g. Rotom and Ferroseed) which are still in their usual "special" locations. There wasn't any data on the encounter rates for those back when I made the hack, so I didn't document them.

Aqua Jet Farfetch'd is normal that's one of the new moves it gets in the Rebalanced versions (seemed reasonable seeing as it's a duck).
    You said the hacks don't support title updates, is there any plan to change that in the future?
    I'd like to do at some point if possible; the hacks don't support the updates because no one ever managed to get them to work together properly. It's been a while since I've tried though, might be doable with the newer tools.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Hey, thanks! Glad you like it!

It's definitely possible but not something I'm likely to do; the reason most of those aren't in the wild is that there either wasn't enough space early on or there wasn't anywhere appropriate to put them. Eggs hatch in one cycle in this hack so it doesn't take too long to breed for them! That's also a reasonably small list, about on par with BBVW2 (which required you to breed to get the first stages of most of the starters).

Aqua Jet Farfetch'd is normal that's one of the new moves it gets in the Rebalanced versions (seemed reasonable seeing as it's a duck).
    Thanks for the reply! I totally understand. Incidentally, what tool did you use to edit the wild encounters? I'm thinking of simply changing them around on my own.
    Edit: nvm, I should have just read the OP haha. Looks like it's actually a lot more complicated than I thought. It used to be so simple for gens 1-5! I'm worried if I try editing my virtual copy instead of a ROM I'll break it or lose my save data. Probably not worth it :(

As for Farfetch'd I thought it might be for that reason, I guess I may have missed it in the documentation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks for the reply! I totally understand. Incidentally, what tool did you use to edit the wild encounters? I'm thinking of simply changing them around on my own.
    Edit: nvm, I should have just read the OP haha. Looks like it's actually a lot more complicated than I thought. It used to be so simple for gens 1-5! I'm worried if I try editing my virtual copy instead of a ROM I'll break it or lose my save data. Probably not worth it :(

As for Farfetch'd I thought it might be for that reason, I guess I may have missed it in the documentation.
    There's no real difference between editing a digital copy or a physical copy; you dump the game to get a copy of it and then edit the copy, so the original game is never modified. The hardest part is dumping it in the first place, as you need a hacked 3DS to do it (or you can just "borrow" a copy from some ROM site), then you unpack the ROM and you can edit it with pk3DS. Your save data is also safe as that's kept separate from the ROM, and won't be affected by anything pk3DS can do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    There's no real difference between editing a digital copy or a physical copy; you dump the game to get a copy of it and then edit the copy, so the original game is never modified. The hardest part is dumping it in the first place, as you need a hacked 3DS to do it (or you can just "borrow" a copy from some ROM site), then you unpack the ROM and you can edit it with pk3DS. Your save data is also safe as that's kept separate from the ROM, and won't be affected by anything pk3DS can do.
    Ah, well that is good to know. So, would a "hacked 3DS" entail anything beyond what is needed to run EX/WY in the first place? I have homebrew, luma, god9, etc. Should that already have the functionality needed to dump the digital copy?

Back