• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    do you need a different tool than pk3ds to recompile or make a 3ds hack playable or can it all be done in 1 tool?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    do you need a different tool than pk3ds to recompile or make a 3ds hack playable or can it all be done in 1 tool?
    There's no need to rebuild after editing the ROM, it's much easier to play hacks using the layered FS system that luma and citra have - you just need the edited files.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    oh i was just confused by the code. ips my changes dont have an ips file, just a bin. so i pretty much just pop the romfs into the modded folder? edit: using citra

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    oh i was just confused by the code. ips my changes dont have an ips file, just a bin. so i pretty much just pop the romfs into the modded folder? edit: using citra
    You can use either a code.bin or code.ips; the ips version is just a patch rather than the whole code file, which I use as the code.bin is GF's code and probably shouldn't be distributed (much like full ROMs). Yeah, though it's better to copy only the modified files rather than the whole romfs. Pk3ds can show you a list of which file is which in the options menu.

Years
    • any
    • Seen Apr 3, 2022
    It looks like you're mostly done updating this hack, but is it "complete?" I.e does it have changes made to the duration of the main story?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hiii. How safe is it to play the Online Version, well, online? Can I trade Pokémon or battle other people? Is there any cautions to take? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    You can use either a code.bin or code.ips; the ips version is just a patch rather than the whole code file, which I use as the code.bin is GF's code and probably shouldn't be distributed (much like full ROMs). Yeah, though it's better to copy only the modified files rather than the whole romfs. Pk3ds can show you a list of which file is which in the options menu.

i see, ty. is it possible to add horde encounters to routes that didnt have any?

Years
    • They/Them/He/Him
    • Seen Jun 8, 2022
    Hi! I'm trying to play the rebalanced version of Eternal X and I do all the steps properly, placing the luma folder on the sd root and uninstalling the update, and game patching is enabled in the luma settings, but whenever I start the game, it just sits on a black screen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hi. I wanted to ask if playing the gam will ever take me online automatically? I want to play with rebalanced (not the online safe one) but don't want my 3DS getting banned.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hi! I'm trying to play the rebalanced version of Eternal X and I do all the steps properly, placing the luma folder on the sd root and uninstalling the update, and game patching is enabled in the luma settings, but whenever I start the game, it just sits on a black screen.

If you're transferring via FTP, make sure that transferring type is set to binary instead of ASCII. That's what I had to do when I had this issue.

Hi. I wanted to ask if playing the gam will ever take me online automatically? I want to play with rebalanced (not the online safe one) but don't want my 3DS getting banned.

You must go out of your way to connect to the servers, that is you must both have Wi-Fi enabled in 3DS settings and confirm that you do wish to connect via an in-game prompt. You don't have to worry as long as you don't explicitly choose to trade/battle online with Pokemon whose attributes are impossible to obtain in vanilla/the online safe version.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2022
    Hey! Thoroughly enjoying this playthrough and was wondering if it were safe to trade mons over to a legit copy of the game? Ive already used PkHex to edit met location, move pool, etc to match what the mon would normally have, just wondering if there's anything else that could get either game banned. I'm running it on a homebrewed system and would be trading it to a non homebrewed system.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Base stat changes will be accounted for whenever you put your edited Pokemon in the PC, so there's no need to worry about that. As for abilities, the easiest way to change them would be to buy an ability capsule from a mart; they're available as soon as you beat the second gym. Because most hidden abilities aren't available in XY, I just moved the better ones to a regular ability slot, so a capsule will be able to give you the ability you want in most cases. Alternatively, I think there's a version (or setting) of pkhex around that allows you to have illegal stats and abilities, so you could use that instead.

So I know this is an old post but I just started playing the hack and just beat 3rd gym but still can't find the ability capsules in the mart. Were they removed?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Also, I don't have a PC. Is there any way to get the rebalanced version on my 3ds from the legal version?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey! Thoroughly enjoying this playthrough and was wondering if it were safe to trade mons over to a legit copy of the game? Ive already used PkHex to edit met location, move pool, etc to match what the mon would normally have, just wondering if there's anything else that could get either game banned. I'm running it on a homebrewed system and would be trading it to a non homebrewed system.
    Hey, If pkhex says the mon is legal that's more than good enough!
    So I know this is an old post but I just started playing the hack and just beat 3rd gym but still can't find the ability capsules in the mart. Were they removed?
    No, they weren't. Do the other new mart items appear? If not, please see the FAQ.
    Also, I don't have a PC. Is there any way to get the rebalanced version on my 3ds from the legal version?
    The same method you used to get the legal version on the 3DS will also work for the rebalanced version.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022

No, they weren't. Do the other new mart items appear? If not, please see the FAQ.

The same method you used to get the legal version on the 3DS will also work for the rebalanced version.

I got it from hshop as a cia download via qr code. The legal version was the only one available. I run fbi and lumas3ds on my 3ds but am new to it really so know nothing about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022

And nothing is appearing it looks like. All items are the same as when I started. And what faq?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Ok so I figured out the item issue after I uninstalled the update so thank you. Still need to figure out how to get the rebalanced version without a pc

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    Hey, Buffel! I finished playing this ROM hack a little while ago, and I figured I'd share my thoughts.

Overall, this way a fantastic ROM hack! Some of my favorite changes include:
    -Overall more challenging experience (since vanilla XY were very easy)
    -Mega Evolution / full team of 6 used by Gym Leaders and Elite Four (should have been in vanilla XY)
    -Almost every Mega Stone was available prior to the Elite Four
    -New TMs (Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Incinerate, etc)
    -Removed trade evolutions
    -Much wider selection of Pokemon, providing more teambuilding options
    -Chansey & Audino in the Lumiose City restaurants made for quick and easy grinding

Eternal X & Wilting Y fixes almost every issue I had with the original XY, while adding several new features and improvements. I consider this the definitive way to play XY. 10/10!
    Thank you so much!

Back